US Politics Thread | Page 211 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

Claim: President Donald Trump has said that the recently passed Republican tax reform legislation is the "biggest tax cut in US history".

Verdict: It is not the biggest tax cut in US history, measured as either a percentage of US GDP or in absolute terms. It is however, the biggest corporate tax cut in US history.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-43790895

Interesting...

The one whose name I can never remember has also settled her gag clause so is free to speak now like Stormy!

It's hotting up over there. Republicans are alrady saying they won't back Trump for a second term, but doubt he will make it that far.

Let's see what this new lady says. Then lets see what further hypocracy the Church leaders spout in their continued support of him.

Tide has turned, it just really needs to snowball now.

Loved Hannaty (sp) trying to back peddle as well after being named.

The right have piled on the story that Clinton's lawyer represent loads of journalists, and nobody is mentioning it.

They fail to see that one, he didn't hide it and two, he's not being investigated by the FBI.

Simple things elude them, we've already proven that lol

I actually don't care Cohen has a link with Hannity - it looks dodgy given the Fox angle but means nothing. I'm only interested now because Hannity didn't want naming and has basically contradicted Cohen's comments in court about representation - at that point I jump to 'what he's trying to hide?'

Exactly. There has to be something there. Even Fox News' pet lawyer was saying that Cohen could get life. That would motivate him to squeal, wouldn't it.

Trump related or wholly personal? Don't know - but it's one of the two and it's only now an issue because he hid the link lol

Until I hear the pet lawyers words, I'll defer judgement as the three I've seen, inc OJ's one time lawyer Derchwitz (sp) I think, for Fox they make it up as they go along to suit the agenda it seems.

At least he genuinely knows his stuff. Also depends with Fox what show as later in the day you get the more sensible they seem to become lol Although there are exceptions to that point!

Yes, caught De Niro comments as well lol

Well, the Republicans released Comey's memos. Why, I have no idea, because all they do is corroborate his story and book.

One interesting point:-

Feb 7, Trump Tweets " I don't know Putin".

Feb 8, Trump tells Comey Putin told him they had the most beautiful prostitutes.

It also completely exonerates Clinton, as Trump asks about it many times, and each time Comey explains fully how the Law works.