US Politics Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

upthevilla - 21/7/2016 21:52

JuanPabloAngel - 21/7/2016 10:57

Some people seem a little bit over-sensitive about the Brexit issue, not least those who voted out

:78: wouldn't have anything to do with the remainers trying to overturn the democratic result perchance?

Which is our democratic right to, not that we are expecting it to work. We just want to ensure that enough noise is made so they dont agree to any old deal. We do have a place. That's my first point.

The second is; if it had been 48% Brexit and 52 remain the Brexit side and most certainly Farage would would be fighting for another referendum. Farage had openly said unless it had been 60% 40% to remain he would have continued to fight to leave.

Seems remain dont have that option. We want to be heard and make sure the best deal if it happens happens. Yes we still have a place. Some may moan. Some of us take action in the ways we believe appropriate.

Making sure our voices are still heard is important in whatever way that is

David Cameron said whatever the result we would have to abide by it. No doubt he was expecting to win when he said that, and had he done so do you think Cameron would have given Farage the time of day?

upthevilla - 21/7/2016 22:37

David Cameron said whatever the result we would have to abide by it. No doubt he was expecting to win when he said that, and had he done so do you think Cameron would have given Farage the time of day?

Farage would have still carried on kicking up though I am sure of that. He said he would and I think we know he would have.

The thing is once the petition went above 100 thousand they are duty bound to debate it in parliament. There would have been a petition if the result was the other way round.

Have you read the story of the person who allegedly started the petition? It was supposed to be sat ready on the website for when brexit lost as it was made by a brexiter.

When it wasn't the person who kicked off the campaign has the wording was correct whichever way round simply used that petition, it is said

Still delighted by the brexit vote. How anyone right of centre, or even centre left, could support the EU baffled me.

That the EU even considers the thought of punishing the UK, for exercising democracy, proves it was the right decision.

There is a third candidate - Gary Johnson, a libertarian, and previously Governor of New Mexico - who is showing in the polls at 13%. I understand that if he moved up a couple of notches to 15% he would have to be included in the presidential debates.
In fact, I believe there is also a Green candidate but (s)he (don't even know the gender!) is only showing at around 1%.
There is also a provision on some states to "write in" a candidate on the ballot paper.

I don't agree with all he says but he does have a point about other countries in NATO standing up to the plate. His spokesman did say apart from the UK, France and sometimes occassionally Germany.

Sure is scary KK, scary that Fox News can put out absolute lies and get away with it. Is there no control over these things? I suppose not when most of the media networks are owned by the same groups the world over, Rupert Murdoch etc.

You have to hand it to old Donald, he's played the game and exploited the idiocracy of America. I actually hope he does win now, just for the fuck of it. The world is coming close to complete anarchy and I only see that as a good thing, because nothing will ever change the way things are

Stephen Jay Hawkings - 25/7/2016 01:14

Sure is scary KK, scary that Fox News can put out absolute lies and get away with it. Is there no control over these things? I suppose not when most of the media networks are owned by the same groups the world over, Rupert Murdoch etc.

You have to hand it to old Donald, he's played the game and exploited the idiocracy of America. I actually hope he does win now, just for the fuck of it. The world is coming close to complete anarchy and I only see that as a good thing, because nothing will ever change the way things are

Reading what you just said SJH reminded me of a friend who knows someone who voted ''Brexit'' on the grounds of ''she wanted to see the world burn'' I kid you not! She may well get her way as Trump is scary

Hope this link takes you to the piece Obama has said about Trump that says it all really

https://www.facebook.com/TheIndependentOnline/videos/10153841492701636/?pnref=story

Not winning many friends is he? The bloke is so unstable but then, you have to question how stable those who go to his rallies are as well!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-36962942

[youtube=qU2P6OAbevw]

Made a very half arsed effort to look for the politics thread but I think this is bigger than that anyway.

Many will say the US Presidential Elections dont affect them but really it does. Not sure how it wouldnt, how would the leader of the biggest economy and warmachine not affect you?

Anyway, why is this one so interesting? Well for the first time in a while there are a couple of candidates who have not been bought. Those candidates are Donald Trump, Rand Paul and Bernie Saunders. In Trump and Saunders you couldnt get two more polar opposite guys.

With Trump though you have got a guy who has single handedly fucked up the playbook. Trump is so extreme in a lot of areas he is thankfully fucking a lot of the shill candidates. Trump has hijacked the system and will likely destroy a lot other republican candidates chances which is fantastic! The republican candidates hate him but the republicans voters are loving him. Its insane, but it would be terrible if he somehow managed to get elected.

Now on the other hand you have Bernie Saunders. This guy is all about fucking the corporations and getting equality and helping the middle class and poor. He is styling himself a 'social democrat' and if I could vote I would probably go for him.
Its extremely interesting because he is likely going up against the most bought candidate in Hilary.

Rand Paul also seems like a decent character but my fear is he would be another Obama. He has get ideas and sounds good but then he gets in and just keeps the train moving.

What Donald Trump is doing is beautiful and it will hopefully lead to a lot of changes. It would be disastrous if he did manage to get elected.
With Hilary I think you get more of the same, with Trump or Bernie I see drastic change and Rand Paul is the unknown. In Trump you have a maniac who wont be controlled and in Bernie you have a guy who cannot be bought. Personally I think it should be followed because if Bernie or Trump get in control things will change and it will be felt globally.

Great post, fascinating characters for sure and can't argue with your assessment of Trump. Ego maniac rules the world... it should be comic book stuff not reality. Lets hope it doesn't become reality.

I actually like Trump tbh, he speaks his mind in this politically correct bs world some like us to live in where there is people like me that see Trump speaking how he see's things not to please others and thats why i like the bloke, he doesn't need money either so won't be paid off by the corporations, feck it go for a real change and Trump-it!

I like him on the celebrity apprentice, that's where he should stay.

Scratch the surface on that guy! Look up the bullying and crap he's done in Scotland trying to get his way for his golf course.

Interesting 'non politician' types are trying though, then again last time that happened they got Ronald Reagan... gulp.

It's hilarious, Trump is like the monster Fox News created andd now it's eating the Republican Party.