US Politics Thread | Page 537 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

US President Donald Trump has pardoned his former national security adviser Michael Flynn, who pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI.

Such a farce isn't it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55080923
I'm more convinced than ever that he will resign soon and let Pence tale over for a couple of months so Pence can sign some executive order to pardon him ahead of time or find some way of making him immune from prosecution.

I'm more convinced than ever that he will resign soon and let Pence tale over for a couple of months so Pence can sign some executive order to pardon him ahead of time or find some way of making him immune from prosecution.

A pardon would only cover Federal crimes, and it's the NY State case that's the most dangerous to him. Ivanka is in real trouble, and may flip on Daddy.

I believe it's true that President Obama pardoned more people than the previous 13 presidents combined. Just saying.

I did see the chart, and Obama was hundreds - 300 if I remember correctly. Trump was 45 including Flynn I believe.

Who was Obama pardoning?

I believe it's true that President Obama pardoned more people than the previous 13 presidents combined. Just saying.

Yes, depends who he was pardoning really, not read into it, but Trump hasn't done many apparently - just 'chums or people who could damage him' I suspect!