US Politics Thread | Page 486 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

Don't worry everyone, the Trump administration has ended the pandemic. Amazing! :wahey:

The White House included ending the coronavirus pandemic on a list of the Trump administration's science and technology accomplishments, despite nearly half a million Americans tested positive for Covid-19 in just the last week.

A White House Office of Science and Technology Policy news release made the claim in announcing a document highlighting the administration's science and technology achievements over the past four years.

"Highlights include: ENDING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC," the news release sent to reporters read. "From the outset of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Administration has taken decisive actions to engage scientists and health professionals in academia, industry, and government to understand, treat, and defeat the disease."

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/27/...-accomplishment-record-cases-spike/index.html

Don't worry everyone, the Trump administration has ended the pandemic. Amazing! :wahey:

The White House included ending the coronavirus pandemic on a list of the Trump administration's science and technology accomplishments, despite nearly half a million Americans tested positive for Covid-19 in just the last week.

A White House Office of Science and Technology Policy news release made the claim in announcing a document highlighting the administration's science and technology achievements over the past four years.

"Highlights include: ENDING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC," the news release sent to reporters read. "From the outset of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Administration has taken decisive actions to engage scientists and health professionals in academia, industry, and government to understand, treat, and defeat the disease."

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/27/...-accomplishment-record-cases-spike/index.html

It’s quite amusing how brazen they are with these things, all part of their strategy to shake things up. The general public don’t hold them account anymore so they can claim anything really.

If Boris gets a good deal from Brexit and finds a vaccine, all the disasters before are forgotten.

Wibble.

Now that he's got his way with appointing Amy Comey Barret to the Supreme Court, he's positioning himself nicely for a legal battle over the outcome of the election. How lucky to have a right wing court at his beck and call.
I don't think much of Biden but I hope he wipes the floor with Trump.

Now that he's got his way with appointing Amy Comey Barret to the Supreme Court, he's positioning himself nicely for a legal battle over the outcome of the election. How lucky to have a right wing court at his beck and call.
I don't think much of Biden but I hope he wipes the floor with Trump.

Its the only way, Biden needs to win by enough of a margin it can't be contested. There also needs to be a significant proportion of votes in person that show a significant Biden win too IMO.

To be frank, I am incredibly worried about Trump pulling a Putin and somehow pending the law of the land to keep power. What can we really do to oust him? If he decides to stay in power with a Court and Senate backing him what can we reasonably do? With a police force that also seems to be backing him as well.

I honestly feel like we're on a knife-edge. If he wins, he wins its not that much of a concern vs. if he loses by a narrow margin thats much more concerning to me.

Its the only way, Biden needs to win by enough of a margin it can't be contested. There also needs to be a significant proportion of votes in person that show a significant Biden win too IMO.

To be frank, I am incredibly worried about Trump pulling a Putin and somehow pending the law of the land to keep power. What can we really do to oust him? If he decides to stay in power with a Court and Senate backing him what can we reasonably do? With a police force that also seems to be backing him as well.

I honestly feel like we're on a knife-edge. If he wins, he wins its not that much of a concern vs. if he loses by a narrow margin thats much more concerning to me.

It would be mad to see a civil war in the wealthiest and supposedly one of the most democratic counties in the West.

It isn’t such an inconceivable thought, especially as the Russians, China and Middle East will be all over stoking the flames as the more problems America has at home, the more their agendas can take place.

Would be fascinating, although equally we’d all be affected indirectly. It would bring the world economy down another notch.

A civil war fought largely via technology, who’d have thought it in the 21st century.

America is broken. It needs to break up into three or four separate countries. They'll never agree.

There is one ray of hope, long term. Studies show that younger people, who tend to lean Democrat, aren't regressing to more conservative views as they get older like they used to.

When this generation of Republicans die, there won't be any left. All those outdated views should disappear with them.

I went with the GF this morning so she could vote early, we went yesterday but the line was huge. She was ultra nervous about it so I just said lets not wait, she has an absentee ballot but Trump has managed to sew enough doubt that people don't trust mailing it in. Her whole family was telling her not to mail it, don't listen to the dumb Irish guy here saying it'll be fine haha.

Anyway the queue this morning was twice as long, yesterday queue wrap around a city block, todays queue was two city blocks. So 3 hour wait at least.

I feel a tiny bit better about the outcome because I was talking to a guy and he was just like "yeah its just too important we had to get it done early". Bear in mind this is NYC so usually a blue city anyway but I am just hoping this turnout is against Trump. I'd be more hopeful except we saw fights in the line yesterday, emotions are so high.

It just goes back to the way we can't understand how people vote for Trump. How has it come to this level of division? And Trump is still stoking the flames while Biden takes the high road.

There is one ray of hope, long term. Studies show that younger people, who tend to lean Democrat, aren't regressing to more conservative views as they get older like they used to.

Interesting point, I wonder if we’ll see a similar effect here actually with the Tories. Perhaps not enough to worry both parties, but we’ll see.

As easy as they go far right, they can come to the centre as Cameron did here and reset.

Quite a lot of people hate Thatcher, but the Tories have no problem getting in.

All well and good Trump losing. Seems the popular notion.
But this biden taking over? My god. He thinks he is competing against George... he looks half a day away from severe dementia... im shocked he can even dress himself.
Imagine if he had to lead a country into war? Russia and China must be in fits of laughter.

@colavfc I am upset at the Biden campaign tbh because there was a video and pictures of him out cycling and exercising and they haven't used it.

Can Trump ride a bike? Do you remember Trump needing two hands to drink or crawling down the ramp. In the words of Joe Biden "C'mon man".

All well and good Trump losing. Seems the popular notion.
But this biden taking over? My god. He thinks he is competing against George... he looks half a day away from severe dementia... im shocked he can even dress himself.
Imagine if he had to lead a country into war? Russia and China must be in fits of laughter.

It is a bit like being asked if you'd like to be stabbed or shot to death really 300 million of em and they come up with these two clowns

Biden has had a lifelong stutter. It's this that causes his mental blocks.

The dementia angle was actually started by the Kremlin, and taken up by Trump. The debates proved it's nonsense.