US Politics Thread | Page 485 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

It's insane yet not a surprise American's cannot see what is happening before their eyes. They've already had a vote (which the Republicans have easily won) to not count votes received after election day in the state of Michigan. I don't know anything about Gove vs. Bush but it seems like the general consensus is "right decision, wrong means of judgement". They supposedly wanted that particular outcome so they did everything possible to justify the judgement and that they were right rather than going through the right processes and procedures.

Anyway it seems they've used this controversial ruling as a means to justify the outcome they want. An outcome which could help Trump and is perceived to help him.

The first step of many to ensure an outcome. The system is broken, it seems to me that the Republicans have been strategizing for years on power consolidation. The scales seem very much like they are tipped in their favour.

The Guardian has a series on Youtube about politics in the US. I believe it's call Anywhere But Washington. They go around interviewing Americans about the election. There were a few striking things but the most striking was the separation between the people. Republicans in California are being encouraged to move to red states and there are now Conservative and Liberal coffee shops. There is a retirement community in Florida where the Trump supporters and Biden supporters won't talk to each other.

I don't think 4 or 8 years of Biden will put the pieces back together.

What happens in the 2-3 months after election with Trump still in the White House? That seems a long time for an outgoing president to meddle.

Biden was campaigning in Georgia yesterday. The fact that Texas, North Carolina and Georgia are all in play should tell us all what's happening over there. These are normally Republican strongholds.