O/T Trump | Page 18 | Vital Football

O/T Trump

Well, now he has really really really pissed us off. All of us. I've never seen Canadians so unified on an issue most of them don't pay attention to.

Calling Canada a threat to National Security is a step too far.

It sounds like Trump bitch slapped him for talking to the press after a communique was agreed and went against both the spirit and the wording...

Do that, and Trump clearly bites back and as we now know, will escalate the row once he thinks you're disingenuous.

He shoots from the hip and lip, never ever seen anything like him in World politics.

It sounds like Trump bitch slapped him for talking to the press after a communique was agreed and went against both the spirit and the wording...

Do that, and Trump clearly bites back and as we now know, will escalate the row once he thinks you're disingenuous.

He shoots from the hip and lip, never ever seen anything like him in World politics.

Lol. The media here are not playing it that way. Apparently we have the moral high ground.

Well, watching the historic events today and it looks like he's kicked down all the barriers and the World will soon be a safer place.

If that is the outcome, he'll deserve the noble peace prize far more than Obama did.

Iran next, now that they're witnessing their technology partners take a massive step back - what will they do?

Massive new list of hard-hitting sanctions about to be visited on Iran (long overdue).

I hope the west now sits up and pays attention to what Trump has achieved by standing up to threats and acting accordingly.

I wouldn't want to be an Iranian Mullah today, they will be crapping themselves.

Still can't believe today, who'd have thought it?

Well it seems the facts that are emerging really don't support that; it looks more like Trudeau was trying to be a slick smart-ass and it's back fired!

Can’t stand Trudeau. But they’re as bad a second one another so the truth of what happened will likely never be sorted out.

For me, the better situation is that the people decide who gets in and (preferably) they get a good majority so there's less 'discussion' and more decisive administration of what everyone (well the majority that is) decided they wanted. I fail to see why, when people voted democratically for a certain set of wishes to be carried out, that there has to be discussion about the matters, just get on and administer those wishes. In the UK, if we have a government with a large majority, the party in power uses its back bench MP's to act as a check/opposition to the government. The problems arise when there's not a clear majority.
By the way, I like Trumps attitude. I think a strong person (especially a strong businessman like Trump) at the helm is good. A wishy washy head is neither good for man or beast.

For me, the better situation is that the people decide who gets in and (preferably) they get a good majority so there's less 'discussion' and more decisive administration of what everyone (well the majority that is) decided they wanted. I fail to see why, when people voted democratically for a certain set of wishes to be carried out, that there has to be discussion about the matters, just get on and administer those wishes. In the UK, if we have a government with a large majority, the party in power uses its back bench MP's to act as a check/opposition to the government. The problems arise when there's not a clear majority.
By the way, I like Trumps attitude. I think a strong person (especially a strong businessman like Trump) at the helm is good. A wishy washy head is neither good for man or beast.

And a Marxist like May in charge of the conservatives is a recipe for unrest all round.

Good christ! Is that really y'all's impression on Trump?!?!

God save us.

We still don't know what to make of him; if he sorts out N.korea and the proof supports it, he will have achieved something that a policy of appeasement never has and probably never would,.

If he addresses the liberties that China takes with state-aided trade - which they've done ever since Nixon, then he will have again achieved something quite remarkable.

The Economy seems to have taken off under him.

If he now takes on and sorts our Iran (much much tougher) from the agreement that the west bent over for and the Persians have royally shafted ever since - then that too will finally show that standing up to hateful terrorists regimes should have been done long ago.

I dislike intensely his xenophobic stance and that in turn (although I'm not seeing at first hand) makes me feel that his policies on migration are fundamentally flawed.

The man's a maverick of that much I am sure, he may even be slightly unhinged, but if the proof emerges that he has headed off once and for all the worst of America's / the Worlds problems, then he will have to have the credit for it....

Unless something else emerges, which I feel like it always will..

Hmm...

Well from the US, the N Korea thing is at this point absolutely nothing, other than concessions TO the NKoreans, and receiving absolutely nothing whatsoever in return, other than a commitment to continue further discussions. This is a 100% win for Kim, and gives him everything he's been looking for on the world stage. Meeting with him in the first place, saluting NKorean Generals, and gushing about what an "Honor" it is to meet a heinous murdering dictator of the highest order, talking about how smart he is, what a "tremendous negotiator" he is, and how "his people love him" (He truly beleives the North Korean people are feting Kim of their own free will)...... All an utter mistake, and a potential disaster that could end up with a much more dangerous situation than he began with, should Russia & China make their moves. This was all a publicity stunt of epic magnitude, by the man who says "It doesn't matter if it's true, I say it, and they all beleive it". Apparently this is true.

Everyone should be VERY VERY concerned about what happened in his private meeting with Kim where none other than translators were allowed to attend. That meeting should give everyone the willys.

He did the same with Putin. People should really be asking why he's having these undocumented private meetings with enemy dictators.

His actions towards China are exceedingly dangerous. His tariffs and rhetoric have eroded all the market gains in the US in 2018, and is gonna seriously hurt the American people in their pocketbooks with China's responding actions. China holds the cards, and the debt, and if they choose, they can cause alot more harm that just responding tariffs. And if pushed hard enough, I'm concerned what they will ultimately decide to do.

The American economy was doing quite well, and had "taken off" during the Obama administration. Giving Trump too much credit for this is ridiculous. He has eroded many of the protections for citizens & consumers by issuing "executive orders" and findings removing these protections. No doubt these actions have invigorated Big Industry, in that they don't need to concern themselves with polluting the air or water anymore, but as with just about anything regarding the man, it's all chiffon. If everyone followed up AFTER Trump makes these big statements/actions, and regarded the actual effect they have, they'd see it for what it is, worthless propaganda with little to no lasting effect. Well, except the deaths of Americans affected by the loss of these critical protections.

The "Iran Deal" in place, was a much better option that what Trump has done. Expect massive quick advances in Iran's nuclear weapons development over the next couple years. I hope you do realize that many of these things are rooted in Trump's irrational need to undo & delete everything that Obama achieved as president, regardless of its effectiveness. He has admitted to as much. There is very little thought, consideration, or intelligence brought to any of these decisions.

Calling him xenophobic is being much much too kind. He is alot worse than that. He is a ractist, and has proven such his whole life. His father Fred was a racist, Arlo Guthrie sang about how he treated his tenants. He is a conspiracy theorist of the most irrational sort (Yes he still beleives Obama waas born in Kenya), and there is no doubt his hatred of Obama is rooted in the fact he is a black man.

Unhinged? You have no idea. I've met Donald on four occasions, and I can tell you that Fran Lebowitz was 100% correct when she said, “Everyone says he is crazy – which maybe he is – but the scarier thing about him is that he is stupid. You do not know anyone as stupid as Donald Trump. You just don’t.” He is crazy, unquestionably nutz, certifiable. He is also STUPID. He is very possibly the dumbest person I have ever met. The only person I have ever met that is obviously more stupid, is his son Don Jr. (I have never met Eric, tho I think he is very likely dumber, if that's even possible). If he has to ask Bill gates on two separate occasions what the difference is between HIV & HPV, well...

This whole idea that he's some successful businessman, is a myth created by the man himself, and flies directly into the eye of reality. Statistics belie the propaganda, as it does with nearly everything about the man's life.

It will be ASTONISHING if he isn't impeached. The evidence against him in the Russian Hacking probe, and his subsequent obstruction of justice, is breathtaking. Only a wall of radical Republicans in Congress has saved him so far.

And as for the current "immigration problem", this too is a manufactured problem, propagandized into fervor, solely to allow Trump to point to something that backs up his conspiracy-theorist nature, and rev up his "nationalist" base. Immigration statistics for the southern US border completely and utterly contradict every single thing the Trump admin has been saying about it. Remember, "If I say it, they all believe it". I wonder why the border processing stations have been left understaffed? Requests for additional assets to process these people were denied. I wonder what the result of that is....

Maverick? Only because he's not capable of normal rational thought. He IS a brand, he's a tv show host, he's a racist, maybe a fascist, and certainly dumb as a box of salt.

Perfect US President for today, and Twitter, when no one pays attention for more than a second. Once his propaganda is effectively refuted, the damage has already been cemented, and any attempt at repair is just too vast to be effective.

He is maybe the most dangerous man in US political history, and I truly wish Macron would've punched him right in his f^cking fat face. 239lbs my ass!

Today he spouted off about creating American jobs.

He said "No one would have ever beleived it during the election..." and stated that since the election, the last 18mo, 3.4million jobs were created.

Except everyone SHOULD have believed it, because in the 18mo prior to the election, you know when Obama was president, 3.9million jobs were created.

So, Trump is harming job growth with his policies by an avg of 13% every year and a half.

As a nation we should welcome a head of State, especially the head of an ally government. Trump is the head of State of the USA. We let in the Saudi head, the Russian Premier, Mugabe and many other Heads of State that have terrible reputations for genicide and other despicable things. So why deny an ally State. And all the protesters don’t speak for all the majority of the UK. MANY have stated that they speak for everybody in the UK, but they don’t. They speak for the Left wing heavily biased and heavily politically engendered that are trying to make us think their stupid way. They just like demonstrating when they can. I can’t believe how many they have dragged out of the woodwork that have small petty gripes against Trump and got them to walk along with them to swell the numbers. Why people have taken their little children out with them, I don’t know, especially in this heat. Some said on TV when asked, that their toddlers were against Trump!!!! Barking.

It’s a pity that instead, they didn’t argue for something that WAS worth shouting for like fighting for the rights of unborn children, that Trump is for instead of trying to force their useless and dangerous ideas on innocent people.

If the Queen can find the grace to speak civilly to an ally’s head of state and welcome them, why can’t UK citizens do the same and respect our Head of State’s decent attitude to the USA. I suspect though, that left wing bias among all the protesters is the motivation and as such, won’t be significant among the majority of UK residents.

Well, watching the historic events today and it looks like he's kicked down all the barriers and the World will soon be a safer place.

If that is the outcome, he'll deserve the noble peace prize far more than Obama did.

Iran next, now that they're witnessing their technology partners take a massive step back - what will they do?

Massive new list of hard-hitting sanctions about to be visited on Iran (long overdue).

I hope the west now sits up and pays attention to what Trump has achieved by standing up to threats and acting accordingly.

I wouldn't want to be an Iranian Mullah today, they will be crapping themselves.

Still can't believe today, who'd have thought it?

Totally agree EX, and the more people, even the press that watch what he is doing is turning out well, the more they will find out exactly what he is instead of believing the biased news reports that are still being put out. I know Trump has said and done things that are very different to our ways but we are all different and I’ve heard so many say that we don’t have the monopoly on ideas, other people have other ways of thinking and are finding Trump to be a breath of fresh air.

If you actually think that Trump gives a flying f^ck about unborn children, children in general, or any other human being that isn't in his immediate family, or if they can't make him and his family money, I have a nice old bridge in uptown New York I'd like to sell you.

Ultra-Nationalist populism, Misogyny, racism, white supremacy, adultery, compulsive and pathological lying (The statistics of his lies are astonishing) let alone policies that destroy protection for clean air and water, THAT'S a BREATH OF FRESH AIR??

Well that's a damn shame.

He is obnoxious, an unpleasant human being. But I am trying to see past the negatives. Is he doing any good? Whether it be for the USA or the World.

You cannot see past the "negatives", or maybe you don't quite grasp that THAT is the makeup of the man. This is not base unpleasant obnoxiousness, it is a symptom of the rot in his core. I can assure you, that any "good" he does is purely accidental, and the gross effect of his election will take a decade to repair.

Europe overall is much more accepting of strong men, dictators, fascists, etc, than the USA. These are the men Trump idolizes, this is what he sees himself being, and he just can't quite understand why anyone won't let him just do whatever the hell he wants, regardless of rules, laws, mores, or any basic standard. And that will be his end.

With the pace of the US Govt. criminal investigations, of which he is a "subject", he will be removed from office, and potentially charged with criminal offenses, long before his term is set to expire.

When that happens, everything he has done, will be scrutinized, and much will be undone.

Until then, it will be some kind of ride.... Errrr Reality Show.

Sorry, that was poorly worded. What I meant, is that you cannot successfully see past the negatives, if you're a rational person, because the negatives are the base of who he actually and completely is. Bothering to try is the first reaction to the denial that he could actually be what he is.

And no, he has not done any good, for the US or anyone else.

Unless it comes to light there is irrefutable proof he directly colluded with the Russians in all the worst ways possible, there's no way he could be impeached until (possible) after the Fall elections. The current Republican control of both Houses of Congress render any opposition impotent in bringing anything to the table. If the Democrats prevail in retaking the House, then you can bet things will move quickly. If not, well we wait for the Honorable Robert Mueller to conclude his massive investigation into the Russian meddling in the 2016 election, and the Trump campaign's actions.

Trump trashes the FBI over Ruski involvement in election influence. He agrees Russia had no motive with Putin. On the same day a Russian woman agent is arrested on infiltration into political circles.