O/T Trump | Page 15 | Vital Football

O/T Trump

Trumps Muslim policy is what I suggested we do . It will be interesting to see the results.

I suggested an intensive vetting or screening process on all potential profile fitting individuals. I didn't suggest banning all arrivals although entry would be scrutinised much more strictly .

I wonder what the fallout will be tomorrow morning when everyone gets back to work and the implications become somewhat clearer.

Nick Real Deal - 28/1/2017 19:35

Trumps Muslim policy is what I suggested we do . It will be interesting to see the results.

I suggested an intensive vetting or screening process on all potential profile fitting individuals. I didn't suggest banning all arrivals although entry would be scrutinised much more strictly .

Have you ever been to the US? Find a muslim friend, or someone with an arabic sounding name and ask them their experiences... They were already heavily scrutinised.

Tanoy: "Mr and Mrs <arabic name> you have been randomly selected for additional security screening..."

Asian guys at my work all say that at least half the times they fly out there, they're held for additional security screening.

Random is too wide a net. It has to be all of them. I don't have any Muslim friends, I don't have any religious friends. Half the time means 50 % screening. That's not enough.

Radical behaviour needs a radical response.

The toughest way to get into the US is through their refugee program.

Trump has started something. If he gets away with this we are in deep deep shit. And he likely will.

The anger INSIDE the US is something to behold.

80deg16minW - 29/1/2017 18:38

The toughest way to get into the US is through their refugee program.

Trump has started something. If he gets away with this we are in deep deep shit. And he likely will.

The anger INSIDE the US is something to behold.

The hypocrisy coming from the democrats is something else - they've prepared the way and made all this possible:

I think it's an utterly stupid blanket catch-all that won't achieve anything; but it's amazing how the liberal / democrats didn't respond like this when Obama prepared the way by listing the seven states as states of terrorist concern...or how they didn't protest when President Clinton told congress (and got a standing ovation) of how the US was a nation of immigrants, but immigrants with laws and would work ruthlessly to send and depott illegal immigrants back...no mater where they are from (so much for give me your poor and hungry masses!)

or how Obama was the democrats chief architect of the 2006 fence act - and spent over a billion making it happen; which Trump is now building on...

https://sethfrantzman.com/2017/01/28/obamas-administration-made-the-muslim-ban-possible-and-the-media-wont-tell-you/

"US President Barack Obama’s administration selected these seven Muslim-majority countries.

The Department of Homeland Security targeted these seven countries over the last years as countries of concern. In February 2016 “The Department of Homeland Security today announced that it is continuing its implementation of the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015 with the addition of Libya, Somalia, and Yemen as three countries of concern, limiting Visa Waiver Program travel for certain individuals who have traveled to these countries.” It noted “the three additional countries designated today join Iran, Iraq, Sudan and Syria as countries subject to restrictions for Visa Waiver Program travel for certain individuals.” It was the US policy under Obama to restrict and target people “who have been present in Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, at any time on or after March 1, 2011 (with limited government/military exceptions).” This was text of the US Customs and Border Protection in 2015 relating to “the Visa Waiver Program and Terrorist Travel Protection Act of 2015“. The link even includes the seven nation list in it: “Iraq, Syria, Iran, SUdan, Somalia or Yemen.” And the media knew this back in May 2016 when some civil rights groups complained about it. “These restrictions have provoked an outcry from the Iranian-American community, as well as Arab-American and civil-liberties groups, who say the restrictions on dual nationals and certain travelers are discriminatory and could be imposed against American dual nationals.”

What? So there was a Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015 two years before Trump? There was a kind of “Muslim ban” before the Muslim ban? But almost no one critiqued it in 2015 because it was Obama’s administration overseeing it.

So for more than a year it has been US policy to discriminate against, target and even begin to ban people from the seven countries that Trump is accused of banning immigrants and visitors from. CNN even hinted at this by noting “those countries were named in a 2016 law concerning immigration visas as ‘countries of concern.'” But why didn’t CNN note that the seven countries were not named and that in fact they are only on the list because of Obama’s policy?

It was signed into law on December 18, 2015, as part of the Omnibus Appropriations Act of FY2016.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2017/01/26/when-wall-was-fence-and-democrats-embraced/QE7ieCBXjXVxO63pLMTe9O/story.html

“The bill before us will certainly do some good,” Obama said on the Senate floor in October 2006. He praised the legislation, saying it would provide “better fences and better security along our borders” and would “help stem some of the tide of illegal immigration in this country.”

Obama was talking about the Secure Fence Act of 2006, legislation authorizing a barrier along the southern border passed into law with the support of 26 Democratic senators including party leaders like Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, and Chuck Schumer.

It's way beyond policy and rational discourse now. It doesn't matter who did what.

It's open warfare. Right now it's political warfare. Let's hope when this ends that's all it was.

Was watching an analysis of the order this morning. The gist was that on paper it is not a muslim ban so the supreme court will not find anything wrong with it. However, the discretion afforded homeland and the border police allows them to enforce "unwritten" policy.

Trump was clear on what he would do before he was elected and got elected so what is the problem ?

The majority of the US voted for his actions democratically. This is like the remoaners not respecting the will of the people .

I don't see what's wrong with his measures. It makes sense and is strong armed but softly softly has not worked. Bring it on.

Nick Real Deal - 29/1/2017 21:16

Trump was clear on what he would do before he was elected and got elected so what is the problem ?

The majority of the US voted for his actions democratically. This is like the remoaners not respecting the will of the people .

I don't see what's wrong with his measures. It makes sense and is strong armed but softly softly has not worked. Bring it on.

He lost the popular vote.

ahx00 - 30/1/2017 10:41

Nick Real Deal - 29/1/2017 21:16

He lost the popular vote.

Going on PR maybe but he got in. No point splitting hairs . His policies were clear and he got in. Which adds up to the USA being fed up with no resolution to a worsening problem and wanting something done about it. Much like Brexit. The overwhelming reason was fed up with immigration levels although that wasn't my sole reason.

What are they moaning about anyway .? See how easy it is to get into the Countries he singled out if you have an Israeli passport. Double standards

meee93 - 29/1/2017 22:02

Senseless lack of humanity.

you know I was in Germany last week and I can tell you that those I know there had one over-riding pov and that was along the lines of 'I wish we'd suspended all refugees and migrants until we had proper checks in place' ..two relatives of those that have recently been killed by 'refugees' were interviewed on TV and basically said "why didn't Merkel do this before she let the killers in?

It's a 90 day suspension whilst homeland do the work that Obama brought about when he listed the seven countries for 'special concern' (and a number of measures that this entailed) - who knows, he might just have headed off another tragedy..

The first duty of any leader is to protect his own people and it's borders., by all means have compassion and let in refugees, but do so when you can be as sure as you can be by string vetting you aren't letting radicals and Islamic fascists; if the UK had done the same and the preachers that have radicalised firstly the 7/7 bombers and whole host of those that have followed them, maybe we'd be a safer place than we are now.

Any candidate fighting an election in Europe now just has to have close the borders at the top of the manifesto and they are elected.

I have said this before. To get things so wrong by opening the borders, it has to be deliberate.

The house just approved a measure that no longer requires US resource (oil and mining) companies to report payments to foreign governments to the SEC.

Heyzuess naffing christmas.