O/T Trump | Vital Football

O/T Trump

D

Departed

It is the first time I have been interested in a US election. Iowa. I wonder how this is going to play out.

God help us if he wins. Him, Putin, and fatty bum bum Kim Jong all in power at the same time. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

Real Deal - 1/2/2016 21:09

God help us if he wins. Him, Putin, and fatty bum bum Kim Jong all in power at the same time. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

Putin and Trump would be allies.

Kim Jong's time is running out, even the Chinese have had enough of him.

...is a twat. As is Ted Cruz. It's terrifying that out of those two, Trump would actually be the lesser of two evils. But in an ideal world, the Republican Party would cease to exist.

spursgirl_4_life - 2/2/2016 09:28

...is a twat. As is Ted Cruz. It's terrifying that out of those two, Trump would actually be the lesser of two evils. But in an ideal world, the Republican Party would cease to exist.

Trump is making people talk about the issues that they're uncomfortable with - that's good for democracy and good for policy; people can and will call him names, but at the end of it, the issues will have been fully debated and properly aired - whether you agree with him or not is an entirely different issue.

As for Cruz, he looks and sounds plastic, but I really haven't spent much time reading/watching him.

The Republican party has it's faults, but it's entirely necessary.

The fact that Trump can have such widespread support I think tell you all you need to know about the US..

meee93 - 2/2/2016 14:13

The fact that Trump can have such widespread support I think tell you all you need to know about the US..

That EX thinks a man who wants to ban: all Muslims, calls all Mexicans rapists, mocks disabled, people and routinely calls folk morons is good for debate tells you all you need to know about EX! He is poisonous to all serious discussion and not at all "good for democracy"

Americans are not at all "uncomfortable talking about religion or race in my experience they love it. They are just are utterly disinclined to do anything about it. They are however very uncomfortable about talking about their addiction to firearms (like most addicts).

Spursex - 2/2/2016 11:52

Trump is making people talk about the issues that they're uncomfortable with - that's good for democracy and good for policy; people can and will call him names, but at the end of it, the issues will have been fully debated and properly aired - whether you agree with him or not is an entirely different issue.

As for Cruz, he looks and sounds plastic, but I really haven't spent much time reading/watching him.

What a load of rubbish.
Race-baiting is not good for democracy. He's eerily close to Hitler in the way he's externalising problems and whipping up Nationalist rhetoric.

ahx00 - 2/2/2016 15:32

Mate some folk are so obsessed with their frankly irrational "political correctness gone mad" agenda, that when faced with a hate preacher foaming at the lips they delude themselves into thinking "as long as it winds up the liberals it's a good thing! Trump is a narcissist he is possibly mentally unwell and he is thick, I know that sounds like prototype US president but anyone drinking his Kool Aid should be on one of those watch list the powers are so fond of.

What a load of rubbish.
Race-baiting is not good for democracy. He's eerily close to Hitler in the way he's externalising problems and whipping up Nationalist rhetoric.

What a load of rubbish.

Ahh yes, the man who puts people on ignore if they bother him resorts to Hitler comparisons when he is offended.

I am FAR from a Trump fan but your comments are more extreme than his.

spurdon - 2/2/2016 14:31

Americans are not at all "uncomfortable talking about religion or race in my experience they love it. They are just are utterly disinclined to do anything about it. They are however very uncomfortable about talking about their addiction to firearms (like most addicts).

Most of my American friends admit openly that political discussion is closed in the US due to the country being so very polarized. It is a very sad situation.

Trump encouraging democratic debate? are you kidding? Trump encourages close-mindedness and divisiveness at the same time. He's incredibly dumb and has lost not only all the money he has inherited, but money that he gets bailed out with. The only thing that makes Trump being a front runner worse is Ted Cruz who is evil compared to Trump. Maybe I'll look into this Rubio guy, because you're in a pretty shitty situation if you have to choose between dumb and evil.

The republican party is an astonishing shrine to anti-science, pro-billionaire lobbying, market-manipulating, biblio-bigotry nonsense. The fact Trump and Cruz are the front runners only show what a circus the Republican Party are.

And the democrats are run by outright crooks. Take your pick.

The party someone represents does not denote their character.

There are good and bad people everywhere.

He will not be president and I actually feel a sorry for anyone gullible enough to believe he might be. Also if you have fallen for the canard that he is at least encouraging debate you have not watched or listened to him. He refuses to answer questions he just resorts to abuse. He is a joke the networks are having at the expense of the American people, he is a woman hating bigot clowning it up for the ratings.

'Encouraging debate' isn't in the president's job description anyway. Even if he has 'encouraged debate', he's done fuck all to prove he has any ability to finalise a debate. Absolutely zero in terms of policy specifics.

spurdon - 2/2/2016 16:59

He will not be president and I actually feel a sorry for anyone gullible enough to believe he might be. Also if you have fallen for the canard that he is at least encouraging debate you have not watched or listened to him. He refuses to answer questions he just resorts to abuse. He is a joke the networks are having at the expense of the American people, he is a woman hating bigot clowning it up for the ratings.

He is a lot of things but he ran a close second in Iowa, a state that hasn't been know as a predictor of the final outcome. The media were treating him as a joke. Not any more. They appear to be more scared than anyone that he will win.

Bernie Sanders is very very close to Clinton.

Interesting times.

spurdon - 2/2/2016 16:59

To make it clear; I'm NOT a supporter, but I'll repeat again, what he's forced to happen is for Americans to confront and debate what they now are and what they do or do not stand for - it doesn't matter how the rhetoric is dressed up, the fact is at the end of the process I expect the US to have made it's mind up exactly what it is, what it needs to be and who it needs to lead it - there has been a huge lurch to the right in the US since Obama took office and for the main part it's because of the sort of politics/simplistic rational of the Trumps of this World.

That said, his business and tax agenda is first class, the rest is what the US needs to figure it is or isn't - I hope it makes the right choice.

What a load of rubbish.

I'm a believer in free speech, I'm a believer in saying what you think and allowing those that think differently - however obnoxious or contrary to your moral code it maybe, to say it.

Pretending it's not being said or not being thought solves nothing, and never will.

If you think or believe differently - then argue your case (as the rest of the Republican candidates have done in response to him).