Troy Deeney | Vital Football

Troy Deeney

Rexn

Vital Champions League
Another load of press speculation, apparently, Deeney is now our top striker target.

This is the striker who has achieved the same number of bans this season as Mitrovic, who Rafa does not deploy.

On the plus side, Deeney has repeatedly said in interviews how much he would like to score at St James' Park. Even a few years into his contract, we had a striker who was desperate to score at SJP - a certain Emmanuelle Riviere.

Deeney's not the player he was two years ago . That guy might have been worth a look but he's not mobile enough to make it work in Rafa's tactics.

Troy Deeney! We may as well have kept Daryl Murphy. Deeney has 2 goals from 13 appearances this year. Both penalties. So slightly less prolific than Joselu then.

Good job the Rafalution has a database full of players and their pros/cons. It’s worked marvellous so far.

Out of interest, I’d love to know what was on the database in respect of Joselu, Manquillo and Diame that made him think spending the best part of £15m was a great idea.

I remember when Rafa first came we were told his very presence would attract world class players. I see precious little evidence of it up to now. He hasn't half bought some shite players mind.

Imagine if he had just stuck with Colback and Mitro and saved the money on Joselu and Diame? All 4 are poor but in my mind Colback and Mitro probably the better choice on balance. He would have had 10m and 2 mens wages to attract a proper striker from somewhere. Ok maybe an aging player without sell on value, but whats the sell on value gonna be for Joselu and Diame?

Some strange decisions been made but hey, as we all know its not Rafa's fault. How could it be?

Every transfer window we hear that business is going to be done early and that targets have been drawn up.
What happens is that we lose out one after one on our targets and end up signing mediocrity in desperation.
You wonder why Rafa is still here He must know that he is not going to get what he wants under Ashley.
I can only assume he is confident the takeover is going to take place.
Neither Ashley or Staveley are doing the club any favours dragging out this business without any comment as to where we are.

Lee Charnley has a 6 figure salary to fail to get players over the line, thereby lining Ashley's pockets. Nice work if you can get it.

We can talk about any player as possible signings.Does anyone really believe we will pay for anyone in this window.Best we will get is a couple of loans and I doubt they will happen.Same story every transfer window.

Rexn - 4/1/2018 16:01

Lee Charnley has a 6 figure salary to fail to get players over the line, thereby lining Ashley's pockets. Nice work if you can get it.

People need to get in the fat ***** grill, then he may see the error of his ways, he was there against Brighton, the sound of the helicopter groaning, as it passed overhead, is the telling sign.

However support the team, not the regime and all that....

daftladguy - 4/1/2018

Always makes me laugh that statement.They go and as they say support the team and then whinge like fuck because the team isnt good enough.Without realising its the fact they are supporting the regime that has given us shite players.

markylad74 - 4/1/2018 16:34

daftladguy - 4/1/2018

Always makes me laugh that statement.They go and as they say support the team and then whinge like fuck because the team isnt good enough.Without realising its the fact they are supporting the regime that has given us shite players.

Sometimes you reap what you sow....

crooktownmags - 4/1/2018 14:06

I remember when Rafa first came we were told his very presence would attract world class players. I see precious little evidence of it up to now. He hasn't half bought some shite players mind.

Imagine if he had just stuck with Colback and Mitro and saved the money on Joselu and Diame? All 4 are poor but in my mind Colback and Mitro probably the better choice on balance. He would have had 10m and 2 mens wages to attract a proper striker from somewhere. Ok maybe an aging player without sell on value, but whats the sell on value gonna be for Joselu and Diame?

Some strange decisions been made but hey, as we all know its not Rafa's fault. How could it be?

I see Ashley as a pimp,the managers he employs as hookers, and we the supporters and fans as the punters .

For years the pimp fed the punters a succession of cheap and disease ridden street hookers.

Being streetwise himself,he realised that the high rate of std's inflicted on them as a consequence would eventually piss enough off and possibly create a problem further down the line.

He stemmed any potential rebellion by splashing out a whopping 4 million quid for a high class but ageing hooker.

It worked a treat,the punters were totally seduced by the whores reputation and gleefully threw their hard earned money at her,seemingly forgetting the pimp was raking it in.

They still got the same old f***ing,but bizarrely took great pleasure in slagging off the old skanky street hookers of the past while proudly singing the name of their pimps latest employee.

At present,the pimp is still raking in the loot and the number of reported std's have fell dramatically.

Unfortunately the majority of punters have now contracted full blown aids.

Of course they don't realise it yet because it's not as obvious as an std.

No doubt the pimp his whore and his henchmen will be long gone by the time they rapidly start losing weight.

For me the only way to "support the team and not the regime" is not to go to the game. I know its been said and debated before but I really cannot see how you can turn up and pay in to SJP without supporting said regime. I am sure as a businessman myself Ashley would say "look - a sold out stadium of paying punters, so what exactly are we supposed to be doing wrong?".

keggy_keagal - 4/1/2018 15:31

You know it's bad when people are calling for Colback to be back in the team.

Absolutely mate, somehow in Diame we seem to have scouted an "improvement" who is in fact even worse than the useless ginger tosser. But in truth neither of them should be anywhere near the first team.

Personally fuck Diame and fuck Colback.Neither should be anywhere near a starting place.The club is fucked from top to bottom.This proves it.We dont have any young kids coming through that could get a game before the likes of Diame.A takeover if it happens needs more than an investment in 1st team players.

A takeover needs a complete overhaul at all levels of playing and coaching staff.
You can go to matches and not like the regime but if you pay to watch you are in fact supporting the regime.
Without a takeover this club is done for because the Manager won't stay and who would come as a replacement, maybe Fagin or Scrooge :5: