Trivia | Vital Football

Trivia

Bruce68

Vital Football Hero
With it being the european cup final i was thinking of players who have played for NUFC and have won the european cup the ones i can think of are
Keegan
Mcdermott
Withe
Kennedy

Frank Clark is another obvious one, Pat Heard was also on the bench for Villa and Dietmar Hamman when Benitez was managing. Howard Gayle was another one on the bench for Liverpool. Ian Rush played for us too.

Add in Andy Cole and Nicky Butt - in the same team was Ronny Johnsen who played about 3 times for us.

Kluivert did for Ajax.

Does Geremi on the bench for Real Madrid count? I know he strolled around the pitch for us but don't remember him actually playing as such.

An easy one to overlook is Ronnie Simpson who did it with Celtic in 1967.

As an aside, we have 3 managers who did it as players, Dalglish, Souness and Gullit.

Last edited:
As an aside, we have 3 managers who did it as players, Dalglish, Souness and Gullit.[/QUOTE]

And Keegan.

Waddle made a final but didn't win it.

How did I miss Tomasson?

Of course, KK did it in both categories.

Factor in Mark Lawrenson although he only 'coached' here.

Also Davide Santon and Louis Saha could have been added but weren't chosen or were injured when their respective sides won.

Imagine admitting to anyone that you lived in Liverpool, or supporting them, for that matter. Shit hole and a bunch of classless *****.