Trivia Q.3 | Vital Football

Trivia Q.3

BobHatton

Vital Champions League
Who is the oldest player to have played in the Premier League and what age was he?

Who is the youngest player to have played in the Premier League and what age was he?

Got to be Budgie - well in to his 40's. I'll say 43.

Youngest? I think Rooney had the youngest goalscorer record I have no idea.

Anyone remember when we played a 12/13? year old in the anglo - jock cup. I think it was v Kilmarnock at home. Was it Eammon Collins?

Eamonn Collins was also correct Sexy - he turned out for us 6 weeks before his 15th birthday in 1980

You do spout some Bollox Bob......we weren't in the Premiership when Eamonn Collins made his debut for us. If you mean the top flight I'd wager Sir Stan might be visiting you in your dreams to have a word. He played for us in the old Division One at 46 if memory serves me well. :rofl: :

Perhaps you should have checked Wiki first. :grins:

Bear1951 - 10/4/2018 21:06

You do spout some Bollox Bob......we weren't in the Premiership when Eamonn Collins made his debut for us. If you mean the top flight I'd wager Sir Stan might be visiting you in your dreams to have a word. He played for us in the old Division One at 46 if memory serves me well. :rofl: :

Perhaps you should have checked Wiki first. :grins:

Nobody mentioned Eamonn Collins as having played in the Premier League for us Bear. The quote was from Sexy about his young age and playing for us.....nothing to do with the Premier League and nothing to do with the original question.

As for Sir Stan playing for us at the age of 46, that is also irrelevant. The question was; who was the oldest player to play in the Premier League (not Division One) and the question had NOTHING to do with Blackpool. It was a question that could have concerned ANY player playing for ANY club. The fact that the answer was John Burridge was purely coincidental in that Budgie played for us.

Should have gone to Specsavers Bear! :hello:

So whom did Budgie play his last Premiership game for and when? What a remarkable career between the sticks for a bloke little bigger than a circus dwarf...only 5' 11" wasn't he?

PS....am off to Specsavers after my check up for Alzheimers.....if I remember. :grins:

I'm guessing they have been forgotten and worked their way down the pyramid. Of more interest perhaps is the youngsters who went on to play 100 prem games or more like
Rooney, Milner, Barry and Barkley.