Transport back to Manchester | Page 2 | Vital Football

Transport back to Manchester

Hi.

I'm thinking of possibly going to my first ever Lincoln game this month (against Bolton or Portsmouth at Sincil Bank, Tuesday 14th or 28th) while I'm in England, but I have to get back to Manchester (Appleton land) after the match, and the transport links aren't very "wants to be ready for work at 7am" friendly.

So, is there by any chance anyone here who lives around Manchester, are going to one of these matches by car and would be up for (or even, just accept!) having a Norwegian to discuss the match with in the car afterwards?

I'm not an axe murderer, I promise.
If you are on Facebook, you could try the very friendly Lincoln City Exiles -The Journey Continues page.
People always helping one another out.

"This conversation is closed for new replies." it says, is there anything with your settings? Or is it mine? Anyway, that would actually be very helpful!

Nottyimp: I like watching football at new* grounds (doesn't regard myself as a groundhopper, though!), I like Sincil Bank, I like Michael Appleton, and I like Lincoln City after enjoying the rise under the Cowley brothers. And also, the alternative is probably going to Morecambe-Port Vale, and I'm sure that's a good argument in itself for going to Lincoln?! ;)

* new for me, obviously.

"This conversation is closed for new replies." it says, is there anything with your settings? Or is it mine? Anyway, that would actually be very helpful!

Nottyimp: I like watching football at new* grounds (doesn't regard myself as a groundhopper, though!), I like Sincil Bank, I like Michael Appleton, and I like Lincoln City after enjoying the rise under the Cowley brothers. And also, the alternative is probably going to Morecambe-Port Vale, and I'm sure that's a good argument in itself for going to Lincoln?! ;)

* new for me, obviously.

Cool beans. I understand there is a small but occasionally active Norwegian Imps fan club. You might want to search them out.

As for myself, in the highly unlikely event I am ever in Norway, I would happily visit your local club.

Cool beans. I understand there is a small but occasionally active Norwegian Imps fan club. You might want to search them out.

As for myself, in the highly unlikely event I am ever in Norway, I would happily visit your local club.
Sogndal is the name of my local club, and it's in the most beautiful part of Norway (according to... me, the famous unbiased judge), so I would recommend it! The ground is a bit more boring than Sincil Bank, though, but it used to be great: there used to be trees in the stands, my father used to lean against a birch tree during the games.

Sogndal is the name of my local club, and it's in the most beautiful part of Norway (according to... me, the famous unbiased judge), so I would recommend it! The ground is a bit more boring than Sincil Bank, though, but it used to be great: there used to be trees in the stands, my father used to lean against a birch tree during the games.

I'll be honest- never heard of them. But a lovely story about your dad and the tree. My dad first saw the Imps in 1942 during the war. He followed the club for 77 years before sadly passing away last year.

I'll be honest- never heard of them.
Eirik Bakke, Tore Andre Flo, Jostein Flo and Håvard Flo is amongst the players who have played for them, not bad for a club from a small village.

Anyway: My transport problem seems to be sorted thanks to yorkshireimp. Thanks everyone for keeping the thread alive, maybe that helped! But after all this... is there any realistic chance of the game being called off due to the bad weather? If so I'll keep an eye on the twitter account!