Transparent Phones? | Vital Football

Transparent Phones?

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
the hot new technology, but how will you find it?!?!

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/02/18/polytron-technologies-transparent-see-through-phone-video_n_2709136.html?ncid=webmail11

An incredible working concept for a transparent mobile phone has provided a glimpse into - an through - the future of consumer tech.

Polytron Technologies has unveiled a new look at its 'Switchable Glass' technology - a conductive OLED screen that uses liquid crystal molecules to display text and images.

Hmm I am under whelmed! I am still working out all the bits and pieces on the smart phone. What is the point of a clear phone or am I missing something?

It is amazing technology to be fair, whether it is your style or not of course is a different matter totally, but could lead to some very cool products, TVs, speakers etc!

It would appear that you, and also the huffington post, have been the victim of a rather poorly put together hoax, Mr Fear.

RosettaStoned - 20/2/2013 01:34

It would appear that you, and also the huffington post, have been the victim of a rather poorly put together hoax, Mr Fear.

Booo. If that's a hoax, they should have gone full mental and made it disappear and then pretended to use it.

I didn't take you for the gullible type Fear.

By the way, have you seen the iPhone 6?

[youtube=Tz_AU2eSjdg]

This has to be the best one though, lol.

Even though they are full of shit, they become quite interesting to see what someone has dreamt up.

[youtube=YbT0xy_Jai0&feature]

neilh111 - 20/2/2013 01:59

This has to be the best one though, lol.

Even though they are full of shit, they become quite interesting to see what someone has dreamt up.

[youtube=YbT0xy_Jai0&feature]

That'd actually be cool and useful too.

was from huffington.

Didn't pay too much attention, just looked clever!

There was some new material being developed my dad was on about, flexible and 'impossible' to break. Certainly some interesting things on the horizon!

A friend of mine is quite high up in the forces and they are already testing huge screens, I think he said they are 4 times the definition of HD, that you can roll up or fold up, and then open out a big screen to give a presentation out in the field

Amazing how technology keeps moving on. Just think of the old massive TVs now look at the buggers, thin as anything!

Just amazes me from TV to video and then DVD took years, now it has accelerated year on year. I can watch TV on my phone, 20years back that was sci fi or on a Tomorrow's World!

My youngest son who is 16 told me recently ''that e-mail was so 1970's'' Like uh eh

There was no such thing as a computer as we know it in offices back then. My Mom was told in 1980 by a manager that he had just seen a machine that could put 11 out of 12 people in a typing pool out of work=the computer

My eldest son who is 27 still can't get over the fact that video's were just coming onto the market as he was born!

Video killed the radio start seems so 1800's now to keep in line with my youngest son LOL

What I'd like now is thinner and wireless speakers. I know you can already get wireless ones but I'm not sure they are quite good enough yet from reviews I've read.

I think we are coming to the limit for consumer electonics development in terms of speed. Who wants to buy a new telly every six months?