Transfers - Summer 2021 | Page 35 | Vital Football

Transfers - Summer 2021

I have seen one report put the asking fee for Armstrong at £25m!!!

Its like buying a lottery ticket and hoping the player will perform to expectations in the Prem. Has he played in the Premiership? I dont think so.

Celta Vigo’s attacking midfielder Mendez has been linked along with Southampton . It seems we are linked with Southampton whether it's buying their GK or being linked with the same ones

Celta Vigo’s attacking midfielder Mendez has been linked

Brais Mendez
left foot winger who plays on the right wing
1m 84 tall - say 6'
DOB 7/1/97 --> 24 years old
1 Spanish cap 1 goal
2020 - 21 La Liqa 30 + 4 apps 9 goals
2019 - 20 La Liga 15 +16 0 goals
2018 - 19 La Liga 27 + 4 6 goals
2017 - 18 La Liga 12 + 7 1 goal

Reece McAlear is apparently set to go on loan to a Scottish championship club for the season.

McAlear and Fitzpatrick are two players I rate.

Flynn Clarke name has come up again. We are supposedly close to signing him. That'd make three signings for us this summer all of them for u23 squad

Flynn Clarke name has come up again. We are supposedly close to signing him. That'd make three signings for us this summer all of them for u23 squad

Corker from Southend
Flynn Clarke from the POSH
Who is the 3rd? Liam Gibbs who we haven't signed yet

Afternoon folks - took a month or two off following football after the end of the season (other life things to do!), but kept my eye out...and jeez what on earth has happened! Emi gone, embarrassing new sponsor, Kensell gone - maybe I need to not take time away anymore :D

On Emi - obviously a huge huge shame to see him leave, but I do hope/have some optimism that the money raised can be used to reinvest in the overall squad and hopefully make us stronger. When we have sold Maddison/Murphy's/Godfrey/Lewis in the past, we have found new and better players and improved the team. Now, none of them were as good as Emi, so the task is much harder!

I hope we can get the Angus Gunn deal finalised - would be a smart piece of business for £2.5m to get a good backup to Krul, who could take over if Krul declines due to old age.
I'm hoping we'll see a few signings in midfield, another central defender and a striker in this window. I'd like to see a couple of loan signings too. Excited to see where we are come August!

Funny how brighton rejecting 40m for whitr, atletici asking 43m for 30yo trippier, we defo sold emi too cheaply, i know he wanted out but 33m pmus 5m add is crap business imo considering we wont get an equally skillful replacement will we

The club is run by unambitious geriatrics who have employed a series of idiot mates over the years.
They will not have been involved with Emi 's fee tag but I assume he was promised a quick move at a certain cost ?
A move i understand totally, we were lucky he stayed this season, but the fee should of been much higher, all other clubs play hard ball over theyre too young players why should we be different? We havent exactly got any one signed or lined up have we!!