Transfers - Summer 2021 | Page 32 | Vital Football

Transfers - Summer 2021

Angus Gunn...5m rising to possible 10m....I am hearing!

Looks to be happening, this came out of the blue I have to admit, been talk in the past but now it seems a reality.

Figures of £5million have been reported by media covering Southampton. That number is believed to be the maximum figure payable as a result of a number of clauses and add-ons, although some outlets are claiming add-ons could eventually take the deal to £10m.
Gunn is currently on holiday, meaning he will have to complete his medical upon his return to the UK. Brentford, Leeds and Wolves were all linked with an interest in the goalkeeper, but City look to have won the race for his services.
The goalkeeper, son of City legend Bryan, will complete City's goalkeeping trio - joining Tim Krul and Michael McGovern for the upcoming Premier League season. Orjan Nyland, who signed for the club is January, is unlikely to sign fresh terms at Carrow Road.
Talks over a move for the goalkeeper have progressed since last week, with Gunn understood to have held a phone conversation with City head coach Daniel Farke.
Should a deal be completed, Gunn will join as an understudy to Krul and the pair enjoy a positive relationship spanning several years.

The EDP say it’s £2.5m up front rising to five but with clauses that could take it to £10m. Probably things like staying up, European qualification etc. Slightly surprised he’d want to be a No:2 but I’m happy with that. A decent signing.

Good to have a local lad and fan back at the club. Good back up and I'm guessing future number 1.

Nyland can bugger off now.

So GK nearly in so on to the next 10 positions we need to fill.

The pink un says that norwich have Gunn down as their primary target. I'd hope they mean primary goalkeeper target.

We need players for the starting 11 now please.

Norwich edits is reporting that we are not after Pereira as he is too expensive at 15 million and we are looking for cheaper options and more unknown players. One scouted is 20 year old Argentine winger Pedro de la Vega from Lanus

Reactions: Rex
Norwich edits is reporting that we are not after Pereira as he is too expensive at 15 million and we are looking for cheaper options and more unknown players. One scouted is 20 year old Argentine winger Pedro de la Vega from Lanus

Also, a chap named Pablo from Columbia.

The sweetener of purchasing Pereira after selling our best player 4 days before window opened is now not happening, as too expensive.
So having come out with the usual bull of not needing to sell, £ 33 million comes in yet £ 15 million is too much to pay out. Immediate proof that the income of selling players is going to be used for propping up the club as Smiffs do not have enough cash to be owners of a premier league club.

It is not a shock but every season optimism sets in for a day or 2 until reality sets in and I realise the replacements are going to be cheap gambles. Sometimes they work but very rarely in premier league. eg Dr Mic.

On the subject of the Gunn transfer. This strikes me as a very astute move.

Gunn will initially come in as the number two but will naturally be here to compete with Krul and to push him. He will also be looking to develop in an environment he knows and be Kruls’s likely successor.

Since arriving, Krul‘s performances have gone right up to the top level and I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that he is one of the top performing keepers in the country now. He looks likely to be the Dutch No:1 at the Euros and he is going to be in the spotlight. It’s not inconceivable that a big club either here or abroad may want a ready made, experienced keeper this summer or next, so it seems that a big (for Norwich) outlay on a keeper is a smart move at this time.

Reactions: Rex
On the subject of the Gunn transfer. This strikes me as a very astute move.

Gunn will initially come in as the number two but will naturally be here to compete with Krul and to push him. He will also be looking to develop in an environment he knows and be Kruls’s likely successor.

Since arriving, Krul‘s performances have gone right up to the top level and I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that he is one of the top performing keepers in the country now. He looks likely to be the Dutch No:1 at the Euros and he is going to be in the spotlight. It’s not inconceivable that a big club either here or abroad may want a ready made, experienced keeper this summer or next, so it seems that a big (for Norwich) outlay on a keeper is a smart move at this time.

I would say there could be far more to this than we are aware of.....Is an offer on the cards for Krul, maybe a big money offer from abroad!
I often pass his house in Mulbarton, I`ll keep a look out for any removal vans!