Transfers - Summer 2021 | Vital Football

Transfers - Summer 2021

If we go up and Brentford don't then an offer for Toney has to be on the cards surely.
Although we would probably offer a case of chateaux neuf du pap and a 70s delia cook book.

The Smiffs are running scared about promotion as their plans are not to spend anything at all. I am not sure if purchase of Gibson and Greek chap are compulsory so that added to about 5 U 23 players would be it.
If we could not loan back Skipp and with Aarons having a sold subject to contract sign on this shirt, we would go into premier league season with a weaker squad than we already have now.

Last edited:
If we go up and Brentford don't then an offer for Toney has to be on the cards surely.
Although we would probably offer a case of chateaux neuf du pap and a 70s delia cook book.

Cant see a Delia NCFC spending £25m - £30m on an unproven Prem. striker. I did some analysis about a year or so ago about spending money on a striker re 2019 - 2020 and found its like buying a lottery ticket. Success is remote.

What was the name of that young player in France we were interested in the summer of 2019. He was a left sided attacking player and we agreed a fee of about £7m for him plus aload of add ons. We couldnt guarantee staying up in the Prem so he went to a bigger club in France.

He was quick and could score with either foot.

Aaarrgghh i cant remember his name!!

The Smiffs are running scared about promotion as their plans are not to spend anything at all. I am not sure if purchase of Gibson and Greek chap are compulsory so that added to about 5 U 23 players would be it.
If we could not loan back Skipp and with Aarons having a sold subject to contract sign on this shirt, we would go into premier league season with a weaker squad than we already have now.
Like we normally do. Hardly strengthening the squad in a stronger league. Like you say we will need a new RB, a new Skipp type of player, will Emi stay if not then a new play maker, a new number 10, a new GK still.

Also, will Byram return? I can't see him being Aarons replacement and playing 38 games in a season. If not then another replacement needed.

DF said that maybe one day he will come back and then we will see if he can be involved again.

By the time he has returned the left back position should be filled with Gianno and McCallum and the right back role might also be filled with Mumba and another so where will he fit?

Like we normally do. Hardly strengthening the squad in a stronger league. Like you say we will need a new RB, a new Skipp type of player, will Emi stay if not then a new play maker, a new number 10, a new GK still.
Hanley been very good this term, but i think a new or 2 new CB needed for prem, and defo a proper finisher. We all know who can and who cant cut it in the prem, id say only krul, skipp, gibson maybe if playing alongside another good CB with pace, pukki (his movement is world class but his finishing has gone) aarons (but hes gone) and Emi who may well go too. Byram i rate buy what will he be like when comes back? Skipp wont be here, so youre looking at a whole new team to me which we all know wont happen, so realistically we will be fighting relegation again if we go up as we always are

Just to clarify:
new GK
new RB (when Aarons goes)
new DM (if we cant get Skipp back on loan)
new RAM (when EMI goes)
new CAM (no 10)

and I will add:
new RCB - with pace
another deep central midfielder / DM
new LAM (when Cantwell goes)
another striker

Happy shopping!

Also, will Byram return? I can't see him being Aarons replacement and playing 38 games in a season. If not then another replacement needed.

DF said that maybe one day he will come back and then we will see if he can be involved again.

By the time he has returned the left back position should be filled with Gianno and McCallum and the right back role might also be filled with Mumba and another so where will he fit?

If you listen to the Podcast with Head of Recruitment; if we get promoted I wouldnt be surprised if we sign GI and Quintilla for LB. McCallum has played on the right for Coventry this season so can he play as a RB?

If (and I stress if!) we do go up and Brentford don't, Toney will still be out of our range. He's going to go to a club playing in Europe, not one fighting relegation.

I wonder if we will finally rid ourselves of Leitner and Drmic in the summer?

Also, I expect there will be a couple of u23 players being released/sold (the plan is that they bring in youngsters and sell for a profit but I expect some will be released).

Everton join the queue for Aarons. Arsenal, Spurs, Bayern Munich and United all apparently interested. What a list to choose from. I wonder who he will decide on.

Everton has his mate Godfrey and probably a chance to play week in week out.

Arsenal again he'll play and the chance of winning an FA Cup here and there.

United - I hate to say it but it is United. I think he'd struggle to get in the first team every week.

Bayern Munich - Brilliant side and chance of playing and even winning the Champions League.

Spurs - He'll get game time.

If these clubs offer the £30 million plus add ons then it is bye bye --- infact Delia has already said it is bye bye Max.