Transfers - Summer 2021 | Page 79 | Vital Football

Transfers - Summer 2021

Well, based on ththe abvoe, if Pukki has been starved of supply he'd better be ready for those long accurate balls and oil his joints

Michael Bailey has written a more detailed piece this morning On Normann.

City started their pursuit of him in the Spring after Leicester had a bid for him knocked back last January. Rostov have been reluctant to sell him and have rejected other offers for him as well.

Normann was keen to come and thanked the club for it’s patience, although the chance to re-sign Skipp was left until the last opportunity. He is clearly a major player for Nuno at Spurs now.

He played on Friday night in a 1-1 draw and was surprised to be subbed with a minor shoulder complaint. A few hours later Rostov accepted City’s deal. He flew into Norwich on Saturday and started his medical, stayed in a hotel overnight and was finishing his medical at 7am before flying out to link up with Norway at 9am on Sunday morning.

Daniel Farke phoned Normann to sell him the club and asked Alex Tettey to do the same - both calls went well.

Norwich genuinely believe that they have signed an upgrade on Oliver Skipp, albeit he is older (25 I think). He predominantly played as CDM last season (93% of his game time) in either a 4-2-3-1, 4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3, which should see him more than comfortable with the role asked of him.

He is said to be quick, athletic and physical as well as being able to carry the ball and dribble. A mate of mine who does a bit of work with a player recruitment/stats company, says that Normann has “a bright present and even brighter future.”

Sounds promising…

Great that all business is done.

I am surprised that we haven't seen a couple more U23 players come in. In the past, Webber has loved bringing them in.

I just hope that DF sees Sorensen as the backup DCM for Normann. We can't rely on him all season without a backup plan.

So who do you think drops out of the midfield?

If a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1

I read an article on the Ink Un and it sounds like Idah is getting a little frustrated with his lack of playing time. I wonder if a loan will come his way in January if not playing much or even in the summer.

Great that all business is done.

I am surprised that we haven't seen a couple more U23 players come in. In the past, Webber has loved bringing them in.

I just hope that DF sees Sorensen as the backup DCM for Normann. We can't rely on him all season without a backup plan.

So who do you think drops out of the midfield?

If a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1
Rupp gotta go

I think that Norwich have had as good a transfer window as they could have expected. They managed to get all positions strengthened that they wanted to and we’ve signed some good players. Yes, Emi was sold but he’s basically been replaced by three players, I’d say, Sargent, Tzolis and Rashica. Being so reliant on one player is never a good thing and these three players allow us to play in different ways, basically making the team more flexible. Aston Villa have done the same thing with the sale of Grealish and then buying Bailey, Emi and Ings.
Signing a CDM was a must and getting Normann, a pursuit which has clearly been going on for some months, is great. The signing of Kabak is terrific and he’s a much better quality of player than I thought we’d be going for at this point in the window.
The fact that Normann and Kabak are season long loans with the option to buy rather than a firm commitment to buy is great, should the worst happen.
It looks to me as though it’s now up to Farke and the players as Webber has provided an excellent squad. It’s all relative, of course, but we now have a few guns, bazookas and a tank or two for Farke to go to war with.

Timm Klose has been released. He posted photos on a plan back to his homeland too.

Thanks for the memories, Timm. I am sure your injury in your first season was one of the reasons we went down and I will always remember your passion (especially that goal celebration against Ipswich).

Most of the 18/19 season team have gone ….Lewis , Godfrey , Klose , Buendia , Hernandez , Leitner, Vrancic , Steiperman and Trybul . Zimmerman will now hardly get a look in . Great memories of that magical season , but we move on and I hope a strong enough team has been built to survive in this league

Last edited: