Transfers - Summer 2021 | Page 27 | Vital Football

Transfers - Summer 2021

Even as a passionate fan I can see how any really good player would want to leave
us ( although now a premier league club again ) as the owners have zero ambition and another one season stay is likely.
I am sure Aarons and Emi will be sold and maybe Cantwell will stay until next window as he is local and will give us a chance.

As soon as the ink is dry on Emi's signature for another club our relegation will be sealed.
I still believe that Emi, TC and Air Ron's want to leave and will be allowed to go because there heart will not be with us.

Pink Un this morning is towing the Smiff line and doing their best to help sell Emi . They describe the impending sale as ‘hotting up ‘ like it’s something of an exciting thing for us fans . Absolutely disgraceful. Yes, as CK says ,he may well want to go , but that’s because he knows the Smiffs don’t want to match his ambition .
it will be heartbreaking if our Emi goes.

Emi was pulled from Argentina squad at last minute so rumour is he was pulled to speak to a club. That sounds wrong if he went all the way there and could have made debut and then goes elsewhere to speak to a club. Hopefully not true.

The scary thing is that emi is only 24, best yrs still to come, he cld play for any club in the world imo, his temperament needs to improve as too many s/o cld stop him being a world beater but he certainly has it all in his locker

From Sky Sports:

“Arsenal and Aston Villa are in talks over a deal to sign Norwich winger Emiliano Buendia.
One source has told Sky Sports News Arsenal have made a second offer worth £35m after an initial one of £30m was rejected, while one source has also claimed Aston Villa have seen an offer knocked back.

Another source, however, says Norwich have not received any bids for the Argentine, rated at around £40m by the newly-promoted Canaries.”

Who knows what to believe? These guys contradict themselves in their own report. I suppose “Norwich have not had any bids” isn’t going to get many clicks, though…

Trouble is even if we get a good deal for him we won't replace his quality or what he adds to us by reinvesting that same amount into a player. So we can't win. But I think it is inevitable he will leave this summer so with that in mind all we can do is get the very most for him. 40m should be starting point and let it rise from there.

Trouble is even if we get a good deal for him we won't replace his quality or what he adds to us by reinvesting that same amount into a player. So we can't win. But I think it is inevitable he will leave this summer so with that in mind all we can do is get the very most for him. 40m should be starting point and let it rise from there.
According to several reports, we have already bought off his 20 % sell on clause without selling him. Not sure how that works but I would be interested to know what that figure was.

Agreed Nathan.
We are in a lose lose situachun ( Nigel ).

We do need to get as much as possible for him and spend the entire fee
on say 2 /3 new players ( but we will not ).

The majority of the fee will enable Smiffs to cling on to the club even longer and end up with us eventually becoming a championship club without the special players required to put us above most teams ( as last season ).

Unless we get lucky again ( Airons, Lewis, Godfrey Cantwell, Buendia, Pukki )
we will end up with a team full of Mc crap's.

We have already sold 2 of the 6 listed above and there has not been a natural replacement so far. The first 2 sold were replaced by loans ( only becoming permanents when promoted to premier league ).
No sign of youngsters coming through to replace them as first team regulars , nor do I anticipate this now we are ( temporarily ) in premier league.

According to several reports, we have already bought off his 20 % sell on clause without selling him. Not sure how that works but I would be interested to know what that figure was.

EMI's initial fee was £1.5m. I just wonder if the other £4m was in effect the buyout of the 20% of the profit (what City receive less what we paid Getafe) clause on a sale of EMI.

EMI's initial fee was £1.5m. I just wonder if the other £4m was in effect the buyout of the 20% of the profit (what City receive less what we paid Getafe) clause on a sale of EMI

I see we are getting linked with Matheus Pereira of West Bromwich Albion
30 starts and 3 subs 11 Prem League goals

Of course it could be a DOOMcaster enquiry...........

According to the EMI thread on a website associated with a colour, there is a reference to Mashiter saying that Villa's bid is impressive and the deal is done.

As the Vile have got two American Egyptian Billionaire owners the Vile have probably come along and offered the £40m with no messing around.

If this is the case we need to get moving and sign some players.

Let's be selling you, hic!

Update from The Athletic:

Basically it’s a done deal with Emi going to Villa. Deal could be completed as soon as tomorrow although I don’t think the transfer window opens officially until 9/6(?)

Fee is being reported by Michael Bailey as £35m and Emi’s completed a medical with personal terms agreed too.

I fear Emi’s time with us is up. He has been hugely influential in what we have achieved over the last three years but didn’t quite cut it last time in the PL, otherwise he’d have gone already.

Villa is a slightly disappointing destination for me, as he won’t have European football but they have rich owners and a lot of ambition. The days of them scrapping to stay up look over to me. If they keep Grealish this summer then they will be a real force next season, having improved with this one prospective signing.

The key now will be to spend this money on the right players. Although the recruitment team struggled last time ahead of the PL, they did get it right with Giannoulis, Skipp and Gibson.

Placheta, not so much. Transfers are not an exact science and Placheta was a bit of a gamble at just under £2m (I think). We need a replacement who can hit the ground running and make a difference To our attacking output.

it’s going to be gutting to have to face Emi next season… 😢

This is the result of the Smiths ownership of the club . They will sanction the sale of anyone or anything’s as long as it helps them stay as owners . The ‘self funded club ‘ that they selfishly run will always mean that our very best will go.

I despise the Smiffs ownership of the club and if we are relegated again as they won’t allow investment into the club , it will be the end of my love affair with NCFC until the obnoxious duo go