Transfers - January 2022 | Vital Football

Transfers - January 2022

Bolshie Budgie

Vital Champions League
FC Bears post from the other thread:

We have been linked with Aberdeen's Right Back Calvin Ramsay, along with Everton, Leicester and Manchester Utd.

If it is true then I suspect that they could be preparing for the departure of Aarons. Plus can the club rely on Byram to get back to full fitness and play more? Is Mumba good enough for this level?

Ramsay turned 18 at the end of July 2021. 5'9" tall
He has made 7 starts for Aberdeen in the Scottish Prem League with 6 starts in the European Champ League Qualifiers this season.

While Mumba is seen as a RB in the making, I wonder if he could play further forward??

It is quite obvious isn't it that we cannot afford to purchase the finished product for the Premier league so we can only be patient while we build again. Unfortunately there isn't time before we go down again. Which players at the moment do we have who are actually the finished Premier league product?

What about this then - is it for real?

Chelsea may have to reverse their decision to send Scotland midfielder Billy Gilmour, 20, out on loan to Norwich after Canaries manager Daniel Farke said "we are not here to develop players for other clubs". (Sunday Express)

Chelsea may have to reverse their decision to send Scotland midfielder Billy Gilmour, 20, out on loan to Norwich after Canaries manager Daniel Farke said "we are not here to develop players for other clubs". (Sunday Express)
Chelsea will recall him send him somewhere else and he will flourish.

It does feel like sometimes df doesn't like/rate players that Webber signs up and so he either ignores/doesn't play them. Also we all know you don't mess around with DF other wise you're done.

For me lees-melou disappears from games in 2nd half and I'm not sure what his role is, McLean isn't up to this level, Rupp like McLean no way good enough. Gilmour is good enough but DF either doesn't rate him or not sure of how to play him. I'd drop either L-M or McLean and get Gilmour in the more advanced central midfield role in the three if we go same formation.

I also believe that if we do go back to a 4 man defence then omobamidele is best for that with hanley/gibson

It is quite obvious isn't it that we cannot afford to purchase the finished product for the Premier league so we can only be patient while we build again. Unfortunately there isn't time before we go down again. Which players at the moment do we have who are actually the finished Premier league product?

And of course the problem lies with the Smiffs , who cannot afford to run our club , and consequently cannot buy the players we need at this level . Is it any wonder that we are winless and rock bottom of the league ?

Here's the thing DF, (just like Oli Skipp) the loan youngsters are with us to develop and it helps us get an edge. The main reason Spurs and teams like Chelsea do it, is because they are actually better than what we have for their position and so they expect to get game time if fit. We are helping them develop but we are getting the benefit. Just look at the bigger picture. (but of course, He knows better than me).

Lets hope Thorvaldsson does enough to convince Livingstone to take him on loan.
Hopefully with more experience over this season and probably next, lets hope Thorvaldsson and McAlear can eventually make into into our first team squad as central midfield players.

Last edited:
I would try and offload Cantwell in the Janaury 2022 window and try to sign a quality midfield player and striker on loan with an option to buy.

Also I would try and sign Luca Connell from Celtic.

Whatever is going on at NCFC ?I read this morning that Giannoulis wants out as he can see how hopeless it is at NC . We’ve only just paid £6.4m for him . He obviously has more ambition than the Smiffs . We also hear that Gilmour wants to get out and go to Rangers , and I suspect that the likes. of Rashica and Tzolis are non too happy at limited appearances while proven garbage like Mclean always starts and the useless Rupp is chosen over Dowell

Whatever is going on at NCFC ?I read this morning that Giannoulis wants out as he can see how hopeless it is at NC . We’ve only just paid £6.4m for him . He obviously has more ambition than the Smiffs . We also hear that Gilmour wants to get out and go to Rangers , and I suspect that the likes. of Rashica and Tzolis are non too happy at limited appearances while proven garbage like Mclean always starts and the useless Rupp is chosen over Dowell
Giannoulis can go he is so weak, he makes my three-year-old daughter look like Thor. I think he'd be better as an attacking left midfielder.
Gilmour, who can blame him. He was so sought after during the euros and he comes here is played out of position and is now behind bloody Rupp (who I may add DF said was the first name on his team sheet).
Tzolis must be so pissed off. Top talent and lots of scouts must have watched him and reported back to other clubs comes here and we play a defensive formation with no wingers is not even getting time off the bench. It is obvious we need his pace and skill yet it is Rupp, Idah and Rashica who get on.
Rashica is another who looks to have the tools but is new to the English game and isn't given the time to adapt. Does DF even know what position he plays (he reminds me a lot of Placheta - quick strong but a bit headless chicken and no time to adapt with game time).
Dowell will be off as like the above he is seemingly behind powder puff feet Mr USA, Rupp, Idah, Lees-Melou et al. The guy looked good towards the end of last season and in the preseason but DF seems to not trust him --- maybe it is because you play him as a right-winger you bloody plonker. He is a number 10 much like Cantwell.
Sorensen - A loan move is on its way I think.

For me, against a Leeds side who are not at their best we need to be positive in the build-up (DF at his press conference), give the fans and players a boost 'we are wounded after Chelsea and we are bloody dangerous we want 3 points like a lion wants blood' something like that. None of this pussy shit 'oh, Leeds are soo good' Bielsa is a God who I want to kiss' and 'it isn't a must-win and Leeds are so good we just want to be nice to them and we love them'. I want anger, passion and a winning attitude from Daniel.

I want DF to build his players up and not crush them in the press conference as he did with Gilmour. After two really good games for Scotland DF then says 'yeah but that was against poor opposition and it is not like this league' - thanks, boss.

Then when the team sheet is out I want to see us going for it 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with Gilmour, Tzolis in. Leeds won't see it coming they will think it will be the same old DF - going with the same formation and side and Leeds will then think ah a walk in the park but imagine their players when at !4:00 on Sunday the line is announced and it's attacking and positive with the unknown talent that is Tzolis on the pitch, the Scottish Wes Hoolihan in the number 10 role, Rashica on the right. It would give us all a lift and you know what if that fails at least we know DF went for it and it is just the players we have are shit :-)

Good round up Bears and I agree with your thoughts . When will DF realise that EVERY game is important . No, you may not win it ,but at least try to.

DF:

'To concede seven is painful. But we are not trying to mess around with Chelsea in the Premier League, we have to be focused on the games against teams on our level.'

Such defeatist comments. We are not trying to mess around with Chelsea.

They are to big and scary and we respect them so much we don't dare try to beat them - joke. Concentrate on teams 'Our Level' - so teams in League 1 then.

Therein lies the problem. The dressing room is lost.

I would try and offload Cantwell in the Janaury 2022 window and try to sign a quality midfield player and striker on loan with an option to buy.

Also I would try and sign Luca Connell from Celtic.

Striker - Daryl Dike on a loan with a buy option?

Defensive midfielder -

Lets hope West Ham United want Cantwell.

Aston Villa's former England Under-20 forward Keinan Davis, 23, is wanted by Norwich City, who are managed by ex-Villa boss Dean Smith