Transfer window | Page 7 | Vital Football

Transfer window

Although this logic refers to normal football clubs in all honesty, if the Kenedy loan allows funds to be used elsewhere until we've an even stronger hand next year then great.

It wont though and some sort of loan fee and future wage will be taking up a fair chunk of the available wedge.

Having said this, a minimal transfer spend so far and money still ready to spend when the premier league tips up the TV cash coupled with Mitrovic's fee should see us get the minimum of one striker we need as well as an extra couple of defenders, winger and midfielder.

What happens from now until the end of January will be all about whether Ashley wants Rafa to sign a new deal or not as things will reflect this.

Ashley cannot lose with Rafa at the helm.

With Ki and Kennedy already bagged and the manager almost certain to spend the largest chunk of available funds on a striker that will compliment his tactics,we will be stronger than last year.

Mike will make his money,the fans will have their top ten finish.

Ashley cannot lose with Rafa at the helm.

With Ki and Kennedy already bagged and the manager almost certain to spend the largest chunk of available funds on a striker that will compliment his tactics,we will be stronger than last year.

Mike will make his money,the fans will have their top ten finish.

That may well be the case but if the window goes in Rafa's favour and he's happy at the end of it then a team that qualifies for Europe will be the ambition then. This in turn will create major issues for Ashley as he strives for spends that allow us just to tick over rather than compete.

He'll have a problem he maybe cant then reign in.

That may well be the case but if the window goes in Rafa's favour and he's happy at the end of it then a team that qualifies for Europe will be the ambition then. This in turn will create major issues for Ashley as he strives for spends that allow us just to tick over rather than compete.

He'll have a problem he maybe cant then reign in.

I don't understand toony ?
If Benitez has a successful window the pressure and expectation will be on his back not Ashley's surely.

There is never going to be pressure on Ashley as he is clear on his stance regarding finance,which judging the way the fans celebrated 10th place they have accepted.

I don't understand toony ?
If Benitez has a successful window the pressure and expectation will be on his back not Ashley's surely.

There is never going to be pressure on Ashley as he is clear on his stance regarding finance,which judging the way the fans celebrated 10th place they have accepted.

I dont think there is any pressure on Rafa as all the fans are on the same page now in relation to knowing who pulls the financial strings.

The better we do, the greater the financial pressure on Ashley to try to compete. I don't think the masses would accept any backwards steps now but we'll see.

Back on to signings though, Smoggie Greame Bailey reckons we may see another Chelsea player join us but as it would have to be a permanent deal must surely mean one of the kids.

There's no way we'll splash out on Batshuayi as his price will be £25m+, Loftus-Cheek will also command a similar fee and Ashley supposedly baulked at Rondon being 28 and his limited chance of a return, so this rules out David Luiz also.

I remember when we got into Europe on the back of finishing 10th, much to the angst of the London clubs.
I wonder if Ashley is expecting another bid for the club? or is the money tree from rugby, concerts, and football just far too much to lose.

Last edited:
Toon "I don't think the masses would accept any backward steps now but we'll see".
Wish I shared your confidence in the masses,I think the pitchfork moment's come & gone.

I dont think there is any pressure on Rafa as all the fans are on the same page now in relation to knowing who pulls the financial strings.

The better we do, the greater the financial pressure on Ashley to try to compete. I don't think the masses would accept any backwards steps now but we'll see.

All very confusing to me !!

If Rafa has a successful window that's down to Ashley ??

If the fans are on the same page regarding financials why is Rafa on a different book ?

The masses accept whatever Ashley throws at them,that's just a fact based on the last decade.

Like you said, we'll see.

Again.....

This is interesting

There have also been some extra follow up details from the London Evening Standard about the deal that has been agreed.

They report that Newcastle United were given a figure to buy Kenedy outright now but couldn’t afford to.

Instead they have gone for the cheaper short-term option of paying a loan fee and wages, though there is also an option to buy but at a significantly higher figure than what would be paid this summer.

Kenedy is supposedly a straight loan but there's talk that Chelsea wanted £30m. Regardless of truth in that and my limited knowledge of financials, the way in which Ashley runs the club makes the buying price quite immaterial I reckon as the closer Kenedy gets to needing a new contract, the lower the price will be.

His contract runs out in June 2020 and on July 1st next year it will make things interesting. Moreso when Rafa's current deal is up here.

The bottom line is we’re scraping around not even pretending to show ambition, he doesn’t even have to pretend these days fatty as he knows the locals won’t do anything or show any signs of resistance or revolt, he’s shat on them for over a decade now. These transfer windows are just fucking boring now.

Like us,WH have a trophy manager and no ambition.

Like us they would crap themselves if the bid was actually accepted.

Like us a decade or so ago their fans will feel they are on the up.

When the likes of Liverpool etc start making bids will be the time to worry.

If I were Kenedy I'd have requested a loan for next season. He, like us, has no idea if RB will be around at the end of the 18-19 season. Why join a ship that may have some 3rd rate Pardewesque Numb-Skull at the helm?
Just my thoughts.

TNMW, I like to see that you, to a certain degree, still wear your heart on your sleeve and live in eternal hope regarding the club.
F' all has changed regarding the running of it, the Fat Imbecile (wish I were a tenth as clever) does exactly what suits his pocket. RB is for all intents and purposes hog tied, it beggars belief to me that he and his advisors got entangled with the Fat Mans contract (allegedly).
Everything is done at the very bare minimum cost, f' the supporters he thinks, they are going to do nothing. He (the Porcine one) must think this is the best thing EVER. I think he'll make his Mrs wear a NUFC top as it's the only way he can get a boner.