Transfer window | Page 6 | Vital Football

Transfer window

I can't get my head round people thinking we will spend money on good players.It hasn't happened for 11 years.It won't happen this window either.
It doesn't need to happen.Why should Ashley change when nothing else regards the club changes.I just hope a lot of season tickets have gone unsold but more chance of the club transfer record been broken.

I can't get my head round people thinking we will spend money on good players.
It's because he has a not so secret weapon named Rafa who will walk apparently(once his contract expires and he has pocketed the dirty money) if Ashley doesn't give him adequate transfer funds for the good players you allude to.

One of the latest alleged targets is James McClean. That's one that would get column inches for Ashley.

I am not convinced we should be spending money on wide players. Surely Atsu deserves a run in the team. What about Aarons. Its obvious to me we need strikers and full backs. Deal with the weaknesses of last season first would be my approach. I would be happy if they spent every penny available on a real top striker.

I am not convinced we should be spending money on wide players. Surely Atsu deserves a run in the team. What about Aarons. Its obvious to me we need strikers and full backs. Deal with the weaknesses of last season first would be my approach. I would be happy if they spent every penny available on a real top striker.

WHAT the whole £14.75?? Are you insane Man?? :)

It is hard when you're not prepared to pay the going rate for players and you're perpetually trying to shaft the seller.
Makes you wonder how other clubs manage it.

Oh the old transfer window is hard, bullshit. Seems to be a reoccurring theme at this club only.

Spot on om and further proof that it doesn't make any difference who the manager is under Ashley..

The absence of any real questions should leave no doubt to even rafa's biggest fans that he is part of the con.

Aye,think it's about time for our manager to make a move,either call fatty out or leave,hanging around for a year does no one any favours

The main problems are that they will try and get anyone on the cheap and the speed at which they conclude transfers in and out. Puppet on a string Charnley with Ashley and Barnes direction is hopelessly out of his depth.
This is why they lose out on targets and end up scraping the barrel.
Joselu and Gayle still our strikers does not augur well. Both are Championship players at best.
The squad is poor at the moment and I am amazed Benitez is still with us when he is apparently well sought after

The main problems are that they will try and get anyone on the cheap and the speed at which they conclude transfers in and out. Puppet on a string Charnley with Ashley and Barnes direction is hopelessly out of his depth.
This is why they lose out on targets and end up scraping the barrel.
Joselu and Gayle still our strikers does not augur well. Both are Championship players at best.
The squad is poor at the moment and I am amazed Benitez is still with us when he is apparently well sought after

For fucks sake wake up man , there are no targets.

It's never a case of adopting a strategy for the window, where does the manager believe we need strengthening and so on. It's simply who can we get on the cheap to do a job. It's a that'll do mentality. Need a striker ? Joselu for £5 million that'll do . Midfielder sold and need a new one ? Get that lad Yueng he's on a free from Swansea. It's alright Benitez will keep us up etc etc

Wish I could put a bet on no more incomings.34 days left of inactivity.Charnley couldn't do his laces up in 34 days but he can put fake bids in for fat Mike.

I am fully awake Keggy and you repeated my thoughts on getting players on the cheap. As for targets I was using the media targets which only exist in their eyes.
We all know Ashley's game plan, which is to make every penny out of the club that he can.
The sad thing is Benitez for all his threats should have walked long ago, all the time he stays he effectively remains one of Ashley's Puppets and he is better than that.
The only way to get rid of Ashley is to refuse to attend games but the fans answer this by saying they are supporting the team. They are not, they are propping up Ashley.
The players in general have no loyalty and merely say what their agents tell them.
They will kiss the badge of any team paying their wages.
The so called non existent board is a joke. We have a dictator.

Some of us may be a bit premature about Rafa. I find it encouraging that he has had a contract dangled but not yet signed it. If I was in his position, I wouldn't walk out on what could be a great opportunity, particularly if it meant paying compensation to someone I regard as unprinicpled.

So far, the window is turning out pretty much as I would have planned if I was in Rafa's place. Let's sort out the loans and frees and try and create funds to invest in the creativity that we are lacking at the moment.

The other side of the coin is Ashley. I met with one of his reps with Toony and have done so twice on my own or with my kids. There have been occasional signs that the regime listens.

Ultimately, this is a big time for Ashley. he has a great opportunity to do the right thing both for supporters and himself. If he wants the club to be a capital gain asset, he can do so. If he wants the publicity that goes with a Premier League team and a business model to promote his retail chain, that is his other choice.

None of us will be any the wiser until the transfer window closes. In the meantime, I hope that season ticket holders don't renew until we have seen which direction the club takes.

Whether Rafa stays or goes, that is up to him and we should be grateful for his efforts and achievements in what Theresa May might call a "hostile environment".

NUFC has had potential for decades. Supporters know it, Rafa knows it, the players know it. There is noyl one person at the top who can screw everything up.

Some of us may be a bit premature about Rafa. I find it encouraging that he has had a contract dangled but not yet signed it. If I was in his position, I wouldn't walk out on what could be a great opportunity, particularly if it meant paying compensation to someone I regard as unprinicpled.

So far, the window is turning out pretty much as I would have planned if I was in Rafa's place. Let's sort out the loans and frees and try and create funds to invest in the creativity that we are lacking at the moment.

The other side of the coin is Ashley. I met with one of his reps with Toony and have done so twice on my own or with my kids. There have been occasional signs that the regime listens.

Ultimately, this is a big time for Ashley. he has a great opportunity to do the right thing both for supporters and himself. If he wants the club to be a capital gain asset, he can do so. If he wants the publicity that goes with a Premier League team and a business model to promote his retail chain, that is his other choice.

None of us will be any the wiser until the transfer window closes. In the meantime, I hope that season ticket holders don't renew until we have seen which direction the club takes.

Whether Rafa stays or goes, that is up to him and we should be grateful for his efforts and achievements in what Theresa May might call a "hostile environment".

NUFC has had potential for decades. Supporters know it, Rafa knows it, the players know it. There is noyl one person at the top who can screw everything up.

The regime doesn't listen , it doesn't give a toss . Ashley hasn't listened to people far higher up the food chain than whomever you had your meetings with (probably Wendy Taylor or one of her cronies). He has a track record of not listening to people whom he pays vast sums to run the club and team let alone those made to meet fans, I'm sure the reps gave plenty of lip service to bridges being built etc. Ashley's never once shown that he cared about "doing the right thing" why would he start now ?? As far as being "grateful" to Rafa, why the hell should I be grateful to him ? He's done exactly the job he's supposed to have done, and he may well be doing far more harm than good in the long run. As for transfers the window so far is an unmitigated disaster. We've not even got the squad to the same level of quality as to the one that finished last season.

"He's done exactly the job he's supposed to have done, and he may well be doing far more harm than good in the long run. "

Without a shadow of doubt:clap:

Rafa is getting paid to be a buffer for Ashley.What is the excuse of 52000 that pay Ashley to shaft the club season after season.
I had a lot of time for Rafa but the fact he is supposedly getting shafted transfer window after transfer window and is still here,well my time for him gets less by the day.Didnt take Keegan long to pack in and not be part of Ashleys poisonous ownership.