Transfer window | Page 3 | Vital Football

Transfer window

There's been three concerts by Eddie this month on the back of the Rugby Magic weekend and now an England rugby union international is arranged. Ashley doesn't depend on football at SJP it would appear.

There's one or two sensible folk who have ignored Ashley's dealings here making points about our window that I have no come back on at the minute. Aside from the Ashley history.

Basically they're saying that we can only increase our wage budget by around £100k a week or so due to the rules and we're waiting for outgoings to free up some more.

Personally I don't doubt that the club is waiting for sales first.

If they are waiting for sales why are they haggling so much about the Sels and Mbemba deals. Just get rid of them, save the wages and move onto our targets. However we all know the script and by the end of July we will be frantically trying to get loan deals and find the new Joselu, Slimani and Manquillo. Is this nightmare ever going to end?

I think Mike has sussed it now in his own mind. If he has Rafa he doesn't think he needs to invest in expensive footballers. If Rafa quits look for another Rafa.

So then, Merino is headed to Real Sociedad for a price of around £10m - £12m. If the media crap is to be believed then that should bump the kitty up by a couple of million for the next 5 years.

All shite of course as aside from the big kitty we should have every season, then surely we can factor in a percentage of Cabaye, Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Townsend, Thauvin, Debuchy and Remy Cabella?

Well reports in Spain are that Merino's agreed a 5 year deal to go to Real Sociedad with a clause in his contract being triggered (different papers say different figures 10 -12 million is being mentioned). We just can't compete financially with these mid table Spanish teams :rolleyes:.

There's talk of a cut price perma-crock Clement Grenier coming in now. A return to the former buy cheap in France "booze run" strategy? I hope not, although we did get a couple through that way who briefly lit up the stadium.

‘Roll up, roll up, get your season tickets today. Despite being part of the massively increased tv money for the best part of a decade, your Commander in Chief needs your money again to buy another Joselu as the club simply cannot compete with the likes of Coventry City or Blackpool.’

The muppets will too.

No bids only enquirers, just to convince fans they are looking. Usual scenario and the players we are linked with become more and more cheap crocks.
People assume Rafa knows something we don't but it looks to me he is just running out his contract and will leave when it suits him.
Do not want that to happen but Ashley deserves to be treated as he treats others.

Idle thoughts are that this is the last week not to be worried about a lack of activity. Contracts are up at the end of the week so if there have been negotiations on those players out of contract, they can start to be announced next week.

If those 2 wingers leave, we still have 3. How much on top of them would Kenedy cost us to restore us to 4? How much do we need to spend to replace Merino? How much do we have to splash out on a right back and left back? Who comes in for Mbemba? What will we get for Mitro, how much will the players we don't want bring in? How are we going to afford 3 new strikers?

Ditched our tickets for next season,had a chat with mi grandbairn,he said he'd rather have a "6 x 4" set of goal posts than a season ticket.
Thank fuck for that!

Ex Mackem Ki Sung-Yueng has had a medical and according to Lee Ryder, should be the next signing. Not a bad player but will only be a squad player.

We sold Merino for 12 million and got this fucking guy ? Typical, free transfer, and he's got a fucked up knee (and don't remind me that I said that about Demba Ba)