Transfer window | Page 10 | Vital Football

Transfer window

News has started to pick up again and whether true or not is the usual angle but Ritchie to Stoke is supposedly advanced and Rondon on loan has been mentioned again.

With the premier league cash dropping into the club accounts imminently it could kick start the tumbleweed.

Thought Hayden was decent also versatile no doubt we will replace him with a chesper option

I really like Hayden and his attitude and thought he showed promise, said last season I’d seen enough to say he’ll never make the step up to the top flight unfortunately, just not good enough. Solid championship player.

The only problem I have with Hayden is that he seems to get treatment on the pitch in every game he has played for us. Could be unlucky or just not tough enough to make it in the premier league.

Not good enough for the premier league would be my view, either of them. They may improve of course but that's the risk you take. It will be interesting to see if Murphy looks the part and hits the ground running this season. If not you have to say it was an unwise purchase,

My memory may be playing tricks but did Hayden not play at centre half on a couple of occassions and look quite decent or was i dreaming

It has been doing the rounds for a while but re-emerging that Ashley won't back Rafa until he extends and Rafa won't extend until he can trust Ashley.

I don't know it it is true but if I was Rafa, I woudn't trust Ashley at all.

I have given up hope of having a team that fulfils its potential in my lifetime, my belief is that Ashley prefers winning the personal conflict above winning anything with Newcastle United.

He dropped a bollock by appointing Rafa in the first place. Some of the transfers Rafa has made were not the quality the fans were expecting but that is because the purse strings didn’t allow a marquee signing or two. Not that would have happened anyway with this owner but would any other manager have had the same results? Hard to say but a third relegation might just see Ashley off. I wouldn’t bet against it.

It has been doing the rounds for a while but re-emerging that Ashley won't back Rafa until he extends and Rafa won't extend until he can trust Ashley.

I don't know it it is true but if I was Rafa, I woudn't trust Ashley at all.
Rex,that to me reads:

If I was Boris Johnson I wouldn't trust Theresa May at all.

We all know Johnson and May are on the same side.

benitez would be mad to sign any contract. he can leave at the end of the season knowing its Ashley's fault. I hope fatties copter crashes and he's the only fatality the fat **** he is.

Trouble is now what players will sign a contract when they know Rafa will be out after a year in all probability. Certainly we must have lost any "Rafa effect" in attracting big players to the club, except for Kennedy style loans of course. We pay Chelsea for Rafa to coach their spare player for a year and increase his value.

PM of course Pardew would be a worse option than Benitez, i totally get that Rafa by staying is actually playing along with the fat man but you cant compare him and Pardew when it comes to managing a football team. Benitez is papering over the cracks for Ashley but by the looks of it he will be gone next season.

I'm not disagreeing with you on the football side Bruce,but we all know that it's completely irrelevant to talk about what goes on at pitch side as long as Ashley is in charge and ironically so does Rafa.

Benitez is picking up his paycheck at our expense and most of us seem to think that's okay.

The finger is pointed at Ashley,Charnley and incredibly Pardew while the biggest culprit spouts shite in the media yet gets his name chanted by our hero worshipping fans.
It defies logic.

If he was to go now Ashley would have problems,how big is a matter for debate but it would be better than the free ride sell to buy bullshit he's getting away with.

To rub salt in the wounds every time Benitez makes those pantomime statements he's actually acting as Ashley's mouthpiece.

The boss just sits in the background and rakes it in.

Well at least we know where the club’s money has gone. Shite Direct’s profits were down by £80million so no doubt SDU has topped it up. Ashley did say the club would spend every penny it makes. He didn’t say where it was going to be spent though.

After 3 humpings off the trot, watch the panic button being pressed, too late as usual.

However, if the mobile signal is decent in the ground, all will be good.

Think it's about time the little Spaniard did the decent thing.
Otherwise it's all becoming a bit meaningless,either call the fkn slug out or walk.

Rex,that to me reads:

If I was Boris Johnson I wouldn't trust Theresa May at all.

We all know Johnson and May are on the same side.
Agree Pie & 4 Labour voters could have brought the tory scum to their knees,the politics of our club has the same stench.