Transfer window | Page 2 | Vital Football

Transfer window

Chris Ashton sorts out the press and media. And as for the directors' boxes, they are always quite busy on match days.

Chris is in a vulnerable group. Just my opinion but he is being irresponsible and so are the club for allowing someone from the over 60's vulnerable group to work/volunteer. The government are recommending over 60's stay at home for a reason.

Chris is in a vulnerable group. Just my opinion but he is being irresponsible and so are the club for allowing someone from the over 60's vulnerable group to work/volunteer. The government are recommending over 60's stay at home for a reason.
It will take more than the threat of imminent death from Covid to keep Chris Ashton away from the club.

Because they have a duty of care, a moral and legal obligation to ensure the safety or well-being of others.
"employers have a duty of care to their employees"

and that duty of care is defined by legislation and HSE guidance. I'm assuming nobody is breaching any of that?

They could indeed, but if Chris is happy to attend knowing the potential risks, why should they?

That is like saying fans are happy to attend if they wish as they also know the potential risk. The whole bloody thing is so ambiguous H&S representatives and the executive must be having nightmares. I am currently at home as the company I work for have taken the decision out of the hands of people in a vulnerable category. Providing someone has done a relevant risk assessment all will be well.

If there isn't a rescue package agreed for leagues one and two before the transfer window opens the clubs will have no option but to cash in on their only sellable assets, their best players.
That is the clubs that are still surviving.
Plus the buying clubs from higher leagues will be able to barter the prices down due to the desperation of the selling clubs.
The above scenario is unthinkable, surely the government won't allow this to happen!
Or will They? Very little seems to be happening at the moment apart from a lot of hot air being spouted about. It is pretty obvious that some clubs could be only days or weeks from going out of business.
Is the unthinkable going to happen?

Would they then cancel the league program if 5 or 6 teams dropped out of our league for instance or would they just carry on.

If there isn't a rescue package agreed for leagues one and two before the transfer window opens the clubs will have no option but to cash in on their only sellable assets, their best players.
That is the clubs that are still surviving.
Plus the buying clubs from higher leagues will be able to barter the prices down due to the desperation of the selling clubs.
The above scenario is unthinkable, surely the government won't allow this to happen!
Or will They? Very little seems to be happening at the moment apart from a lot of hot air being spouted about. It is pretty obvious that some clubs could be only days or weeks from going out of business.
Is the unthinkable going to happen?

Get writing to your MP, tell them how you feel and what a farce it is. Otherwise, as they seem so out of touch with the average man, the unthinkable may happen.