Transfer window | Page 7 | Vital Football

Transfer window

Yep, did very well aswell.

Stop being contrary for contrary's sake.
Okay I will,but only if fact is the new contrary.
Now let me be I need to make a budget as I'm expecting to come into some money in the very near future.......a monkey to be exact :yes:

Neppos - I genuinely want to hear your reasons for making this statement, is there anything here you can actually back up as fact??...

"Benitez replaced hothead Mitrovic with Rondon sharpish, with a view to a permanent transfer. That's his right, as manager. It was generally accepted Rondon was a far superior centre forward to Mitrovic, in all aspects of his game, at whichever level. The fact that Rondon was not signed permanently was not Benitez's fault, and sounds like it was one of the tipping points fo

Neppos - I genuinely want to hear your reasons for making this statement, is there anything here you can actually back up as fact??...

"Benitez replaced hothead Mitrovic with Rondon sharpish, with a view to a permanent transfer. That's his right, as manager. It was generally accepted Rondon was a far superior centre forward to Mitrovic, in all aspects of his game, at whichever level. The fact that Rondon was not signed permanently was not Benitez's fault, and sounds like it was one of the tipping points fo

Not sure which part of that you don't think is factual, but it's all about opinions.

If my 10 minute google search is correct....

Mitrovic went on loan to Fulham in the January window (2018) - his replacement was Slimani who played around 4 games - not Rondon

Rondon was loaned in the following Summer window so I don't know where you get you're "sharpish" from ??

Rondon and Mitrovic made their PL debut in the same season (2015) - both scoring 9 goals

while Mitrovic was put in exile by Benitez, Rondon went on to score 8 the following season and 7 the season after that - so I have no idea where you get this statement from - "It was generally accepted Rondon was a far superior centre forward to Mitrovic, in all aspects of his game, at whichever level " seeing as he was getting worse each season

Mitrovic and Rondon both scored 11 PL goals in the season Rondon played for us - to put that in perspective it was Rondon's fourth PL season whereas Mitrovic had been playing in the Championship

Benitez knew Mike Ashley's transfer policy better than anyone so what made him think that Ashley would sanction 16 mil for a 30 year old - your statement - "The fact that Rondon was not signed permanently was not Benitez's fault" isn't quite as clear cut as you were making out is it?

I'm not trying to play the cock here but Its just a bit weird you would make the point of trying to shoot down a "silly comment" with a load of fabricated cock and bull which you obviously can't be arsed to even attempt to back up

Last edited:
For me Benitez just failed to get the best out of Mitrovic for whatever reason. My instinct is because he didn't sign him. To be fair he also failed to get the best out of Joselu who looks pretty decent now. The Rondon thing was just Benitez trying to play games with Ashley. No way could he be a long term solution for any club. For starters he wasn't good enough. If you look at the progress of the club under Benitez's stewardship for me he achieved nothing. We just stood still while he bought a procession of shite players and set them up to play crap football. Meanwhile Ashley continued to fill his boots.

For me Benitez just failed to get the best out of Mitrovic for whatever reason. My instinct is because he didn't sign him. To be fair he also failed to get the best out of Joselu who looks pretty decent now. The Rondon thing was just Benitez trying to play games with Ashley. No way could he be a long term solution for any club. For starters he wasn't good enough. If you look at the progress of the club under Benitez's stewardship for me he achieved nothing. We just stood still while he bought a procession of shite players and set them up to play crap football. Meanwhile Ashley continued to fill his boots.
It's hard to understand how anyone could argue sensibly against this.

The excuse that Benitez is a world class manager who has won trophies is ridiculous in relation to our situation and highlights perfectly just how gullible our support is and how much Ashley knows it.

If my 10 minute google search is correct....

Mitrovic went on loan to Fulham in the January window (2018) - his replacement was Slimani who played around 4 games - not Rondon

Rondon was loaned in the following Summer window so I don't know where you get you're "sharpish" from ??

Rondon and Mitrovic made their PL debut in the same season (2015) - both scoring 9 goals

while Mitrovic was put in exile by Benitez, Rondon went on to score 8 the following season and 7 the season after that - so I have no idea where you get this statement from - "It was generally accepted Rondon was a far superior centre forward to Mitrovic, in all aspects of his game, at whichever level " seeing as he was getting worse each season

Mitrovic and Rondon both scored 11 PL goals in the season Rondon played for us - to put that in perspective it was Rondon's fourth PL season whereas Mitrovic had been playing in the Championship

Benitez knew Mike Ashley's transfer policy better than anyone so what made him think that Ashley would sanction 16 mil for a 30 year old - your statement - "The fact that Rondon was not signed permanently was not Benitez's fault" isn't quite as clear cut as you were making out is it?

I'm not trying to play the cock here but Its just a bit weird you would make the point of trying to shoot down a "silly comment" with a load of fabricated cock and bull which you obviously can't be arsed to even attempt to back up

Eeee, you've been playing on Google when I clearly said I was deferring until tonight.

Jokes aside, and I'm not really arsed, but:

Honest answer, if Joelinton was sold tomorrow, and forgetting age, cost, permanent or loan etc, purely as an effective centre forward able to cause the opposition damage, who would you have as a replacement, Mitro or Rondon?

Couldn't give a shit about the whole Ashley thing, we all know what he is, and neither you or I know what was said, behind closed doors, as part of the negotiations for Benitez taking over.

Aye but as I have just proved - Mitrovic and Rondon have spent two seasons together in the PL - scoring the exact amount of goals in each season

Yet you seem to think Rondon is head and shoulders the better striker based on absolutely fuck all

You should be in politics

And to get back to my original point - we haven't replaced Mitrovic with anyone better and we're linked with someone who has scored less than him this season - so hardly a silly comment but I've enjoyed the few days not getting through to you

Last edited:
Aye but as I have just proved - Mitrovic and Rondon have spent two seasons together in the PL - scoring the exact amount of goals in each season

Yet you seem to think Rondon is head and shoulders the better striker based on absolutely fuck all

You should be in politics

And to get back to my original point - we haven't replaced Mitrovic with anyone better and we're linked with someone who has scored less than him this season - so hardly a silly comment but I've enjoyed the few days not getting through to you

Hahaha, I love how posters like you play the patronising "didn't get through to you" card, as if you see things others haven't. I said it was about opinions.

So basically, I rate Rondon better than Mitrovic and you vice versa. That's it, who really gives a fuck? I didn't bother going in to the whole goals aren't everything argument, couldn't be arsed, but they're not. Rondon is a far superior all round centre forward than Mitrovic in my opinion, I respect the fact you may think differently.

Maybe for some reason you just hate all things Benitez for taking the Ashley coin and being so popular with supporters, but as McClaren did exactly the same, and wasn't, he's somehow ok? Or his signings anyway.

Hahaha, I love how posters like you play the patronising "didn't get through to you" card, as if you see things others haven't. I said it was about opinions.

So basically, I rate Rondon better than Mitrovic and you vice versa. That's it, who really gives a fuck? I didn't bother going in to the whole goals aren't everything argument, couldn't be arsed, but they're not. Rondon is a far superior all round centre forward than Mitrovic in my opinion, I respect the fact you may think differently.

Maybe for some reason you just hate all things Benitez for taking the Ashley coin and being so popular with supporters, but as McClaren did exactly the same, and wasn't, he's somehow ok? Or his signings anyway.

Neppos I agree with your point that it's a matter of opinion when judging Rondon and Mitrovic,personally I thought they were both fat bastards :grinning:

We can disagree on Benitez as well but I think you are well off the mark regarding any feelings his detractors have for him.

It's the supporters who slag off all things Ashley but worship this particular employee who are the focus of the vast majority of anti Benitez posts on here simply because their stance as I've stated in the past is a ridiculous one.

Defending Benitez like demented religious zealots (you included) whilst constantly yapping negatively about Ashley (you excluded) is tedious and hypocritical in light of the above facts wouldn't you agree ?

Neppos I agree with your point that it's a matter of opinion when judging Rondon and Mitrovic,personally I thought they were both fat bastards :grinning:

We can disagree on Benitez as well but I think you are well off the mark regarding any feelings his detractors have for him.

It's the supporters who slag off all things Ashley but worship this particular employee who are the focus of the vast majority of anti Benitez posts on here simply because their stance as I've stated in the past is a ridiculous one.

Defending Benitez like demented religious zealots (you included) whilst constantly yapping negatively about Ashley (you excluded) is tedious and hypocritical in light of the above facts wouldn't you agree ?

Yep.

Politics and what not aside, Mitro converted very few of the chances he was laid on here and missed more than he scored.

Joelinton just isnt getting the same chances but then again, it's difficult to tell at the minute whether its the system we're playing or it's the player unable to read the game or whether Mitro was underrated in his ability to get into the goalscoring position in the first place.

Time will tell tho.

If things continue as they are then it's a massive lesson for Ashley in that a £40m+ investment on a then 22 year old player is not necessarily better than a £16m fee for a then 29 year old Rondon. Regardless of sell on value or lack of in Rondon's case.

We'd be lucky to get £15m back for Joelinton based on what we've seen so far and that's a big hit unless there's something dodgy involved in the original transfer like we've all suspected.

I see Mitrovic has 20 goals now for Fulham this season. Not a bad return that. It will be interesting to see how he would fair in the premier league now he has been developed properly by a decent football club. My guess is 15 to 20 goals a season. One that got away imho. Like so many others and many more to come I fear.
But Rafa didn't fancy him so he can't be any good really.