Transfer window | Page 5 | Vital Football

Transfer window

Just stumbled across something while looking for something else.

When Bruce has his first season in the Premier League with Hull, they had two joint top scorers, Jelavic and Long - both on 4 goals.

His second season saw progress, top scorer having 8 goals, Jelavic doubling his previous total.

Does it matter that he hasn't signed a striker (yet) in this window?

Priceless - you seem to have obliterated from your memory (I fully understand why) the half season with Slimani on the bench and Joselu leading the line before Rondon arrived (sharpish my arse)

So Mitrovic was replaced by Slimani not Rondon

Just what was Rafas legacy in terms of strikers - after 3 seasons in charge just what did he leave us with?

Slimani played 4 games. He replaced, and was the replacement, for no one.

Rafa left us with Perez and Miggy, and Rondon on the look out for a payday.

But you knew that😉

Benitez sent Mitrovic out on loan and got Slimani in - how is that not replacing him?

Ashley was never going to sanction the signing of Rondon at his age and Benitez would have known that

Mitrovic also finished the season on 11 goals last season - the same as Rondon

So I've no idea what point you were trying to make

Aye, I'll give you that.

You're very good at not knowing what point others are trying to make, without being very fucking clear at all about what point you're trying make.

Mental, innit?

I'll happily explain my point and feel I already have done but which bit are you struggling with

I furnished you with a few facts - feel free to shoot them down

Silly comments like this need to he challenged, otherwise the dimwits on here will think there's something in it.

Benitez replaced hothead Mitrovic with Rondon sharpish, with a view to a permanent transfer. That's his right, as manager. It was generally accepted Rondon was a far superior centre forward to Mitrovic, in all aspects of his game, at whichever level. The fact that Rondon was not signed permanently was not Benitez's fault, and sounds like it was one of the tipping points for his departure.

Bowen is not a centre forward, so comparing his goal scoring record to Mitrovic's is unfair. However, the fact Bowen is only two behind kind of casts him in an even better light for me. (Only in comparison to Mitrovic, I know very little else about him).

Rafa bashing to try and be different, you gotta love it 😂🤣

You challenged my 'silly comment' with a load of made up shite

Well done

This...

"Benitez replaced hothead Mitrovic with Rondon sharpish, with a view to a permanent transfer. That's his right, as manager. It was generally accepted Rondon was a far superior centre forward to Mitrovic, in all aspects of his game, at whichever level. The fact that Rondon was not signed permanently was not Benitez's fault, and sounds like it was one of the tipping points for his departure."

This...

"Benitez replaced hothead Mitrovic with Rondon sharpish, with a view to a permanent transfer. That's his right, as manager. It was generally accepted Rondon was a far superior centre forward to Mitrovic, in all aspects of his game, at whichever level. The fact that Rondon was not signed permanently was not Benitez's fault, and sounds like it was one of the tipping points for his departure."

Which part do you disagree with? You're not playing Mary Contrary here, are you?!

You scamp!

If you can back any of this up with proven facts I'll give you a lovely big like...

"Proven facts"😂
If you can back any of this up with proven facts I'll give you a lovely big like...

Rather than be a smart arse tonight, can I defer until tomorrow? 2 hours ahead of you, in Cape Town and going to the Cricket in a few hours 😃

"Proven facts"😂

Rather than be a smart arse tonight, can I defer until tomorrow? 2 hours ahead of you, in Cape Town and going to the Cricket in a few hours 😃

Aye proven facts - it's the least I would expect when challenging someone's silly opinion

Have fun