Transfer Window - Summer 2021 | Page 176 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2021

Exactly. Don't know why folk find it so strange.

agreed and to be fair I have no issue with a player rejecting moves just because his club are trying to offload him.

It works both ways imo.

We kept Kane against his wishes as he had 3 years left on his contract so on the other hand I respect Aurier’s right to see out his contract and not simply move to another club to just to suit Spurs.

agreed and to be fair I have no issue with a player rejecting moves just because his club are trying to offload him.

It works both ways imo.

We kept Kane against his wishes as he had 3 years left on his contract so on the other hand I respect Aurier’s right to see out his contract and not simply move to another club to just to suit Spurs.

The right to be shite.

That's obvious but legally it would make sense to include a sell on fee or % when he does . We paid for him, he was shite so should not get all the proceeds, we should have the right to compensation. I know it doesn't work that way.

When there isn't a contract between the parties, so legally doesn't come into it; both sides decided to call it quits, that's the long the short, and the middle of it!

Serge Aurier is a First Class Wingnut, on and off the pitch. He is truly in a "special" class all himself.

To be rid of him, and all that he brings is the best thing that's come from this transfer window.

He deserves nothing more than a swift kick in the ass out the door, and to be swiftly, and forever forgotten. And soon.

Fuk that guy.

It works both ways imo.

At the start of the window he publicly stated he wanted to leave the club. So the club helped facilitate that move. He seemed to think PSG would be his destiny. He got a rude awakening.

Of course, he does have the right to reject a club he does not want to move to. However the problem with Aurier is that he is not as good as he thinks he is.

At the start of the window he publicly stated he wanted to leave the club. So the club helped facilitate that move. He seemed to think PSG would be his destiny. He got a rude awakening.

Of course, he does have the right to reject a club he does not want to move to. However the problem with Aurier is that he is not as good as he thinks he is.

He held all the aces, he knew we wanted rid of him, he also knew that we wouldn’t want to be paying him £3/£4 million in wages for the last year of his contract when he clearly wasn’t going to play. Hence he sat tight and waited for the club to release him, allowing him to get a nicer signing on fee at his next club. Regardless of how good he thinks he is, that’s reasonable on his part imo.

The right to be shite.

At the end of the day it’s the clubs responsibility to do due diligence before signing a player and giving him a 4/5/6 year contract worth £££.

The lad had a contract and has every right to expect it to be honored. I felt the same way about Danny Rose toward the end as well as numerous others over the years.

Players get hammered when they are performing and want to jump ship but the opposite is true when a player becomes unfancied. All of a sudden he’s expected to piss off (anywhere) because the club wants to free up his wages before replacing him.

We can’t have it both ways is all I’m saying and to be fair to Aurier, although his signing was probably unnecessary as we already had Trippier and Walker Peters coming through, he was definitely lacking at times (defensively) but he was far from the worst player we had (even durning his spell with us) good luck to him I say!

He held all the aces, he knew we wanted rid of him, he also knew that we wouldn’t want to be paying him £3/£4 million in wages for the last year of his contract when he clearly wasn’t going to play. Hence he sat tight and waited for the club to release him, allowing him to get a nicer signing on fee at his next club. Regardless of how good he thinks he is, that’s reasonable on his part imo.
I wouldn't disagree with any of that. But in your original post you said:

'agreed and to be fair I have no issue with a player rejecting moves just because his club are trying to offload him.

It works both ways imo.

We kept Kane against his wishes as he had 3 years left on his contract so on the other hand I respect Aurier’s right to see out his contract and not simply move to another club to just to suit Spurs.'

I understood the above to mean the club were pushing him out against his wishes. Whereas in reality he made it clear he wanted out irrespective. As he did last summer when he reneged on a deal at the very last moment even though he was supposedly happy with the deal up until that point.

Now, even in the above circumstances, he's entitled to go to a club of his choosing and if one isn't available he's entitled to stay and/or expect to be paid the remainder of his contract.

But this wasn't the club pushing him out against his wishes. It was a mutual decision and he employed a strategy to maximise his pay day. Which he's entitled to!

I know this window is over but Paratici is still tracking Kessie from Milan.

If Kessie’s contract situation remains unchanged in January, clubs can contact him about a pre-contract.

Fabio Paratici is readying an offer worth €8m-a-year (£6.9m) to bring the 24-year-old to N17, which equates to £134,615-a-week.

-calciomercatoit