Transfer Window - Summer 2021 | Page 73 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2021

We are struggling to persuade some of our targets to join us it seems.

I'm pretty sure his comments about his teammates were from last year. He is a very good defender but the last I was told about him was he looks destined for Italy.

Yeah, he said those things last May. Since then Korea and China have been having a very public cultural spat (Over Kimchi and ancient Tombs) and the fans won't let him forget it. I'm sure his team mates are not too pleased either.

I hope he doesn't go to Italy, hopefully now we have the king of free transfers here; he can work his magic.

Yeah, he said those things last May. Since then Korea and China have been having a very public cultural spat (Over Kimchi and ancient Tombs) and the fans won't let him forget it. I'm sure his team mates are not too pleased either.

I hope he doesn't go to Italy, hopefully now we have the king of free transfers here; he can work his magic.

The kimchi/pao cai debate has been bonkers hasnt it!

He is a target for Juve, so that may be because of Paratici. I desperately wanted us to sign him last summer and nothing has changed.

The kimchi/pao cai debate has been bonkers hasnt it!

He is a target for Juve, so that may be because of Paratici. I desperately wanted us to sign him last summer and nothing has changed.

Yeah, there is no question though. Kimchi is most definitely Korean. The Chinese Pao Cai is too salty for me but La Bai Cai is their version of Kimchi and is just bland in comparison. It's spicier but they don't ferment it for long enough if it all.

I eat Kimchi every single day, can't live without the stuff. "La Bai Cai, La Bai Cai" is all I hear from my daughter if she thinks her lunch tastes too bland.

I'm 100% with you there on Kim, would love him at Spurs. I have a soft spot for Korea after living there for many years. I couldn't get to watch much Premier league in 2002, it was all PSV or German games as that's where their players were.

Suddenly in 2005, all Premier games were shown in bars late at night and on national TV due to us having Lee and Man Utd having Park. In one year it changed from nobody being able to pronounce my football team or knowing who 'Spurs' were, to seeing Tottenham shirts on sale and our games on TV.

Yeah, there is no question though. Kimchi is most definitely Korean. The Chinese Pao Cai is too salty for me but La Bai Cai is their version of Kimchi and is just bland in comparison. It's spicier but they don't ferment it for long enough if it all.

I eat Kimchi every single day, can't live without the stuff. "La Bai Cai, La Bai Cai" is all I hear from my daughter if she thinks her lunch tastes too bland.

I'm 100% with you there on Kim, would love him at Spurs. I have a soft spot for Korea after living there for many years. I couldn't get to watch much Premier league in 2002, it was all PSV or German games as that's where their players were.

Suddenly in 2005, all Premier games were shown in bars late at night and on national TV due to us having Lee and Man Utd having Park. In one year it changed from nobody being able to pronounce my football team or knowing who 'Spurs' were, to seeing Tottenham shirts on sale and our games on TV.

100% kimchi is Korean. It's suicide to mess with Koreans and their food lol. I love them. If I hadn't had kids so young I would have done my absolute best to move to Korea for a time. I've been learning Korean on and off for about 2 years now but it's slow going as my brain doesn't absorb much anymore... except Spurs stuff.

I love how proud Korea is off their sporting exports. Having Minjae would not only get us another great player but would further our exposure in Korea for years to come, which REALLY helps the club. Adding Tomiyasu to our ranks would be another win as well as the Japanese are quite similar with their sporting exports.

Just watched 20 minutes of Gil in the Olympic's and I was very underwhelmed. I would have preferred to see him from the start but I was looking for something and was disappointed.

We are still getting linked with Ings and that worries me. He is not the type of player we need. We should be trying to get the age of our team down. Instead we may go with a injury prone 29 year old.

I am starting to really worry because I have not any player who we are linked with that would get in our starting 11. I think Paratici is finding how hard it is to get a top player to come to us. At least I do like Nuno a bit more than Jose but I am still not happy with his appointment.
So, all in all, you're not happy then?

100% kimchi is Korean. It's suicide to mess with Koreans and their food lol. I love them. If I hadn't had kids so young I would have done my absolute best to move to Korea for a time. I've been learning Korean on and off for about 2 years now but it's slow going as my brain doesn't absorb much anymore... except Spurs stuff.

I love how proud Korea is off their sporting exports. Having Minjae would not only get us another great player but would further our exposure in Korea for years to come, which REALLY helps the club. Adding Tomiyasu to our ranks would be another win as well as the Japanese are quite similar with their sporting exports.

Any questions you have on Korean, I'm always happy to help. I studied Korean at SOAS University and although I'm a little rusty; I still have all my books and audio-visual aids. Easiest script in the world to learn, non tonal and simple to write. It's the damn suffixes and consonant changes in the spoken that make it difficult.

Most delightful place in the world to live for an expat, lovely people, food and culture. My years there were the best of my life.

I wouldn't want to be Korean though, it's a bit fecked up for them. Longest hours, stressful work and traditional family pressures equate to it having the highest suicide rate in the developed world.

Surprisingly good footballers too, compared to the rest of Asia. That is quite shocking as every single school that I worked at had pitches of hardened sand or clay.

Any questions you have on Korean, I'm always happy to help. I studied Korean at SOAS University and although I'm a little rusty; I still have all my books and audio-visual aids. Easiest script in the world to learn, non tonal and simple to write. It's the damn suffixes and consonant changes in the spoken that make it difficult.

Most delightful place in the world to live for an expat, lovely people, food and culture. My years there were the best of my life.

I wouldn't want to be Korean though, it's a bit fecked up for them. Longest hours, stressful work and traditional family pressures equate to it having the highest suicide rate in the developed world.

Surprisingly good footballers too, compared to the rest of Asia. That is quite shocking as every single school that I worked at had pitches of hardened sand or clay.
The grass would become baked in the relentless heat. I reckon it's better learning on the artificial stuff when they're young, well that's according to those in the know.

Sukho - I'm sure you've mentioned this before, but where's home for you now?

I think there might still be a hole in the roof of one of the bars in Hua Hin after Spurs got their 4th goal and equaliser about 4am in the morning !!!

Sukho - I'm sure you've mentioned this before, but where's home for you now?

I think there might still be a hole in the roof of one of the bars in Hua Hin after Spurs got their 4th goal and equaliser about 4am in the morning !!!

Hua Hin? There is a paradise I haven't visited in a while. Ladbroke Grove in London is where I live now, been a bit of a nomad since I left Dorset in 1995.. Greece, China, Korea and Thailand all ate up most of my years.

If I hadn't met the missus and settled down, I would still be out there studying or working somewhere.

So, all in all, you're not happy then?

I think he is a talent and feel it's time for Lamela to go. If we have the money to spare and it doesn't affect our signings for the present not the future at this moment. If Nuno thinks he is good enough to start then good. I don't think he is and at the moment we don't need more wingers unless we get rid of Lucas or Berg as well as Lamela. We need other positions filled first