Transfer Window - Summer 2021 | Page 71 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2021

Not sure how true this is but I have just read on NewsNow that Spurs are getting ready to offload Docherty, Sanchez n Dier, like I said not sure how true this is, probably ITK bullshit.

Not sure how true this is but I have just read on NewsNow that Spurs are getting ready to offload Docherty, Sanchez n Dier, like I said not sure how true this is, probably ITK bullshit.

Well I'd they're watching the same shit we've been watching...

Suprised at Doherty though. Figured he'd fit the system.

That's the same as Gio and Lamela himself as well as others. I will say I have heard of him but to be honest he never caught my attention. He was another I thought was all bluster not much end product. A few other scouts I know said the same. He was big news when he broke on the seen but has not pushed on as expected. 50 plus games in la Liga only 6 goals. Maybe he comes good but at this time we need to improve our 11 not our u 23's. If we have more money than I thought then yes great but if it means we are 20 mill short when we try and get Skriniar or someone similar it will be a shame

read the analysis link I posted earlier, it answers much.

Last edited:
That's the same as Gio and Lamela himself as well as others. I will say I have heard of him but to be honest he never caught my attention. He was another I thought was all bluster not much end product. A few other scouts I know said the same. He was big news when he broke on the seen but has not pushed on as expected. 50 plus games in la Liga only 6 goals. Maybe he comes good but at this time we need to improve our 11 not our u 23's. If we have more money than I thought then yes great but if it means we are 20 mill short when we try and get Skriniar or someone similar it will be a shame

I was desperate to sign Grealish and get Sancho when we could - we had one chance to sign both, many here (and I seem to recall you poo-poo'd Grealish?) disagreed with me - look at them both now!

What chances we missed. I wish the man I was urging to scout them properly had done so earlier when I was pushing their cause, we might now have had both of them at Spurs.

So now I can hardly moan about us taking a chance on this lad.

Spoke to my Spanish friend this morning. Said it was a source of frustration that Spain create so many of these types of players and very few can put the ball in the back of net. They all want to be the assister to the assister and just keep possession in midfield. Pedri is the same, but Messi loves what he brings to his game apparently.

Gil might actually learn some directness in the Prem that is missing from the Spanish setup.

I'm not sure why Skriniar would give up a title winning side and CL for what we currently offer him. He does seem a good fit for what we need though.

I was desperate to sign Grealish and get Sancho when we could - we had one chance to sign both, many here (and I seem to recall you poo-poo'd Grealish?) disagreed with me - look at them both now!

What chances we missed. I wish the man I was urging to scout them properly had done so earlier when I was pushing their cause, we might now have had both of them at Spurs.

Well, as you know, there was an apparent arrangement in the Sancho sitch, annnnnd then things change. And, the Grealish deal was DONE, not our stupidity that fuked that up. Sometimes, even when you do all the things.....

Reyna is the next one to see how it turns out.

I loved Sancho never wanted grealish and still don't in our current squad . We are overloaded with players who should be doing the same as he does.
I am not saying don't buy him I am saying we need reinforcement in other positions within the 11 first. He reminds me of Edwards and Lennon when they burst onto the seen. He is very good at dribbling and is very skilful. We have Berg and Lucas who are very good at dribbling and skilful but with not much end product. If we have that money spare then yes and Erik has landed in a good club.

Spoke to my Spanish friend this morning. Said it was a source of frustration that Spain create so many of these types of players and very few can put the ball in the back of net. They all want to be the assister to the assister and just keep possession in midfield. Pedri is the same, but Messi loves what he brings to his game apparently.

Gil might actually learn some directness in the Prem that is missing from the Spanish setup.

I'm not sure why Skriniar would give up a title winning side and CL for what we currently offer him. He does seem a good fit for what we need though.

I think the same as your Spanish friend. If Spain had someone with the end product of Kane ,son ,Messi and others they would have won Euro. Maybe Gil will but will he learn sitting on the bench and not getting game time and we need someone to be a starter at the moment.

You are right Skriniar will not come to us it was an example but then I am worried who we will be able to attract. It's sad time's for us we are going to have to settle for mediocre and hope Nuno is as good as some think and do what Poch did

It's is time for Coco to go now and if he does go to Sevilla then he goes to a good club.I have seen Bryan Gil a couple of times.He is exciting to watch and looks like a young Messi with his quick change of direction.Unfortunately that's it though.Hopefully with plenty of work he can work on his final pass and also Infront of goal.
I would have preferred Dominik Szoboszlai but that's impossible now.I would still try and swap Berg for Antony.He is very good with the ball and ridiculously fast.He is a special talent and destined for big things

Last edited:
It's is time for Coco to go now and if he does go to Sevilla then he goes to a good club.I have seen Bryan Gil a couple of times.He is exciting to watch and looks like a young Messi with his quick change of direction.Unfortunately that's it though.Hopefully with plenty of work he can work on his final pass and also Infront of goal.
I would have preferred Dominik Szoboszlai but that's impossible now.I would still try and swap Berg for Antony.He is very good with the ball and ridiculously fast.He is a special talent and destined for big things

I agree it's time for Erik to leave and Sevilla is a great club we have been there a few times and they are very welcoming. Gil is a talent there is no doubt but there are big questions about him.
Szoboszlai I only know what I see on the internet but looks special.
Antony I know a great deal about but unfortunately he is not for Spurs I think and it would take a massive amount to get him. Unfortunately I think he will be a Real or Barcelona player at some time

I loved Sancho never wanted grealish and still don't in our current squad . We are overloaded with players who should be doing the same as he does.
I am not saying don't buy him I am saying we need reinforcement in other positions within the 11 first. He reminds me of Edwards and Lennon when they burst onto the seen. He is very good at dribbling and is very skilful. We have Berg and Lucas who are very good at dribbling and skilful but with not much end product. If we have that money spare then yes and Erik has landed in a good club.

You still wouldn't want Grealish?! The most fouled player in the PL. top 5 for runs and set up\s and seriously you wouldn't want him?!

I wish we were overloaded with talent like that as you suggest, but we aren't. What we have got is second best to him by a long way.

It's clear we gave Erik away, many Spurs fans will finally be celebrating that he's gone - I still can't recall any other 1/4 season player that survived 8 years at a club - amazing really.

PSG put a load of players up for sale to fund new mbappe deal.

This includes good players like Areola, Sarabria and Icardi would be useful for us.

You still wouldn't want Grealish?! The most fouled player in the PL. top 5 for runs and set up\s and seriously you wouldn't want him?!

I wish we were overloaded with talent like that as you suggest, but we aren't. What we have got is second best to him by a long way.

It's clear we gave Erik away, many Spurs fans will finally be celebrating that he's gonei - I still can't recall any other 1/4 season player that survived 8 years at a club - amazing really.

If we sold 1 of Dele , Tanguy or gio and either Lucas or berg then yes I take him but not until then. Would he be the same in our team I think not. He is in a team where he is the main man. The fact that he is the most fouled person is not what I look for. That just means he holds onto it to long. His work rate has improved. His assists are getting better but need more goals. We trade Dele and lucas for him then yes but our squad would be overloaded with cms and wingers. The squad is already unbalanced enough. That is main reason I say no because I am going on what we need and if we had a clear out then yes get him but we need far more Infront of him

All of the serious transfer links give me optimism (again maybe due to fm21). Could it be we have someone incisive in recruitment.

Gil is my biggest concern from those signings but arguably worth it to get rid of Lamela. I'm concerned he could be another Nkoudou (who didn't get enough of a chance imo), Njie or Taarabt. I do like how he runs at players.

With respect, Lamela is the only Spurs player I've seen that leaves nothing on the table. His attitude should be contagious and believe me, Kane and Co. could do well taking a leaf from the Lamela Book of giving a shit.

As an ex striker and dual footed creative player, I found that my team mates would often be guilty of "watching me create" rather than getting onboard and thinking where they should best place themselves to compliment the play. This is what happens when Lamela tries to open up doors and create. It gives the illusion of running down dead ends.

He is an invaluable squad player, so committed to the Club and shirt, never any issues with petulance and always a team player. I must see so much in him that others don't. Please look beyond the stats.

With respect, Lamela is the only Spurs player I've seen that leaves nothing on the table. His attitude should be contagious and believe me, Kane and Co. could do well taking a leaf from the Lamela Book of giving a shit.

As an ex striker and dual footed creative player, I found that my team mates would often be guilty of "watching me create" rather than getting onboard and thinking where they should best place themselves to compliment the play. This is what happens when Lamela tries to open up doors and create. It gives the illusion of running down dead ends.

He is an invaluable squad player, so committed to the Club and shirt, never any issues with petulance and always a team player. I must see so much in him that others don't. Please look beyond the stats.
His commitment is extraordinary but alas his body just isn't capable any more. His injuries have been well documented, at his age it makes sense for him to move on.

It is a puzzle I agree; but it could well be that players like him only come along when you get lucky - next year la liga's wages cap is likely to be less strict and getting him might then prove impossible, so I'm guessing but that's why I think we're doing it now - you have to consider we've been hawking Lamela around for the past year/18 months with no takers and these maybe the only ones who bit.

On the basis of the future could look bright for this lad, I'd take the gamble.

Lamela is a classic case of THFC sitting on their hands, why were we not hawking him around 5, 6, 7 years ago, before other football clubs found out he isn't good enough. Any gamble to get Lamela off the books is long overdue.

That's a huge chunk of the pay role doing sweet FA!

I expect unprecedented signings and talent everywhere on the field this season, if we're this top heavy in recruitment office.

FFS.

Agreed but if it means Levy is nowhere near buying players or involved in anyway I'm on board.