Transfer Window - Summer 2021 | Page 72 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2021

PSG put a load of players up for sale to fund new mbappe deal.

This includes good players like Areola, Sarabria and Icardi would be useful for us.

Not sure this Spurs project should be paying big bucks for 28/29 year old outfield players. We need to buy young and nurture. Saying that, I'm fully expecting us to bring Ings in as a stop gap.

I'm also wondering whether Areola is a keeper who looks good on MOTD, but isn't an all round elite keeper. I'm still undecided.

Not sure this Spurs project should be paying big bucks for 28/29 year old outfield players. We need to buy young and nurture. Saying that, I'm fully expecting us to bring Ings in as a stop gap.

I'm also wondering whether Areola is a keeper who looks good on MOTD, but isn't an all round elite keeper. I'm still undecided.
Certain reports seem to indicate that Ings has a higher opinion of himself than potentially joining us. I'm not sure that he would give us anything more than Vinicius might have, difference being that Vinicius might have given it to us for longer.

With respect, Lamela is the only Spurs player I've seen that leaves nothing on the table. His attitude should be contagious and believe me, Kane and Co. could do well taking a leaf from the Lamela Book of giving a shit.

As an ex striker and dual footed creative player, I found that my team mates would often be guilty of "watching me create" rather than getting onboard and thinking where they should best place themselves to compliment the play. This is what happens when Lamela tries to open up doors and create. It gives the illusion of running down dead ends.

He is an invaluable squad player, so committed to the Club and shirt, never any issues with petulance and always a team player. I must see so much in him that others don't. Please look beyond the stats.

A lot of good points. What I see is a footballer who hasn't adjusted his game enough based on how his body has changed over the years. Those blind alleys and turnover of possession are often caused by that, rather than other players wavelength. They are also caused by his one-footedness, when opposition defenders just put him onto his right foot.

However, what bugs me the most about Lamela is that every time our squad needs him because of a key injury, he's also unavailable. His body isn't resilient enough to be trusted. He's never available for more than 3 consecutive games and even then it has to be from the bench. For £80k a week, I expect way more.

I do feeling sorry for the guy though. He's a good guy and has been cursed by his body. He never had the opportunity to amass enough games to fulfil his career runway based on his obvious talents and great attitude.

Certain reports seem to indicate that Ings has a higher opinion of himself than potentially joining us. I'm not sure that he would give us anything more than Vinicius might have, difference being that Vinicius might have given it to us for longer.

Ings is as much saying that he's happy being second fiddle at one of the Manchester clubs. He'll take the rotation and time on the bench for the financial rewards and the potential trophies. Aside from his injury record, that also rings alarm bells with me.

Vini is such a strange one. Looked on a completely different wavelength to his team mates and had a shocking first touch. He kept delivering goals though.

With respect, Lamela is the only Spurs player I've seen that leaves nothing on the table. His attitude should be contagious and believe me, Kane and Co. could do well taking a leaf from the Lamela Book of giving a shit.

As an ex striker and dual footed creative player, I found that my team mates would often be guilty of "watching me create" rather than getting onboard and thinking where they should best place themselves to compliment the play. This is what happens when Lamela tries to open up doors and create. It gives the illusion of running down dead ends.

He is an invaluable squad player, so committed to the Club and shirt, never any issues with petulance and always a team player. I must see so much in him that others don't. Please look beyond the stats.

Lamela is the consequence of what happens to a club that replaces the hottest property in world football with a championship player. We lost our goto cutting edge, direction, and a football brain that quality brings.

Interesting comments Hodd. Personally I've never been a fan of Lamela, pretty much going back to the time when I felt that Poch was undeservedly giving him more game time than Son.
I do agree though that, unlike many of the current squad, he consistently leaves it all out there and seems totally committed to the cause. The cynical part of me says that that is because he recognises the need for gratitude to a Club who have looked after him well in difficult times. Reality is that he should never have been given an extended contract.
At this stage of his career however, it is unlikely that we will get a worthwhile transfer fee given his injury record. On that basis, and given the 'good points' that have been mentioned, I think he is now worth keeping as a squad player. He did prove last season that he could be brought on for the last 20-30 minutes and lift the tempo of our play considerably. That was usually much needed whilst Mourinho was in charge, but is a quality that is worth having in the squad whatever the circumstances.

A lot of good points. What I see is a footballer who hasn't adjusted his game enough based on how his body has changed over the years. Those blind alleys and turnover of possession are often caused by that, rather than other players wavelength. They are also caused by his one-footedness, when opposition defenders just put him onto his right foot.

However, what bugs me the most about Lamela is that every time our squad needs him because of a key injury, he's also unavailable. His body isn't resilient enough to be trusted. He's never available for more than 3 consecutive games and even then it has to be from the bench. For £80k a week, I expect way more.

I do feeling sorry for the guy though. He's a good guy and has been cursed by his body. He never had the opportunity to amass enough games to fulfil his career runway based on his obvious talents and great attitude.

Perfect way of describing Lamela and his time with us.

The more I think about Ings the more I don't want him here.

He is 29 tomorrow and rarely plays more than 30 games a season.

I would literally take Vini back over him. At least you know he will get 15 plus goals and he tries.

Not sure either are the answer.

Vlahovic intrigues me. He's only 21 and definitely did the business in Serie A last season. Fits our blueprint.

Nice to see Nuno had no hesitation to play Son up top last night as well.

The more I think about Ings the more I don't want him here.

He is 29 tomorrow and rarely plays more than 30 games a season.

I would literally take Vini back over him. At least you know he will get 15 plus goals and he tries.

I agree re Vinicius. I liked him and was disappointed that Mourinho never ever set us up to play to his strengths. His first touch however was pretty flaky although he definitely had a goalscorer’s instincts. However he has gone now and could be, in the future, be seen as one who got away!

As for Ings my initial thinking was he would be a good shorter term solution whist our younger players grew into first team roles. However he is really injury prone and seems that he has ideas above his level whilst wanting a final bumper contract. I’m not sure he sees us as being of the ‘right level’ and if nothing else we need someone committed to the cause.

I agree he always gives his all but spends too much time orange or red inj.

Ings is as much saying that he's happy being second fiddle at one of the Manchester clubs. He'll take the rotation and time on the bench for the financial rewards and the potential trophies. Aside from his injury record, that also rings alarm bells with me.

Vini is such a strange one. Looked on a completely different wavelength to his team mates and had a shocking first touch. He kept delivering goals though.
Ings had that at Liverpool but he wanted regular football so he joined Southampton.

Somehow I don't think either of the Manchester clubs will be requiring his services.

Ings had that at Liverpool but he wanted regular football so he joined Southampton.

Somehow I don't think either of the Manchester clubs will be requiring his services.

They won't. But for us as a seasoned PL striker, he'd be a good stop gap for 2-3 season whilst we bring on perhaps one two youngsters - we'll still need another goalscorer that can lead the line, but for Ings that's as good as it gets, and perhaps given where we are, that's true of us too.

As for Vini, he really wasn't good enough for the PL for a club that has aspirations of a top 6 finish next season.

Just watched 20 minutes of Gil in the Olympic's and I was very underwhelmed. I would have preferred to see him from the start but I was looking for something and was disappointed.

We are still getting linked with Ings and that worries me. He is not the type of player we need. We should be trying to get the age of our team down. Instead we may go with a injury prone 29 year old.

I am starting to really worry because I have not any player who we are linked with that would get in our starting 11. I think Paratici is finding how hard it is to get a top player to come to us. At least I do like Nuno a bit more than Jose but I am still not happy with his appointment.

There are whispers in South Korea that Kim Min Jae is nailed on to join us when his contact expires on December 31st this year.

He has stated he wants to come, but Levy won't pay 15m for someone with so little left on his contract.

He is currently at the end of a 14 day quarantine afer returning from Korea but after publicly stating that his team mates were not of the highest quality and he would like to have the opportunity to move; it will be interesting to see if he walks back into the team for their game on the 26th.

Personally I would love him at Spurs, I've been to plenty of football matches in both Korea and China, Kim is head and shoulders above the other defenders there. He is a beast, great passing range and a good friend of Sonny. Wouldn't surprise me if a free transfer is already in the pipeline.

We are struggling to persuade some of our targets to join us it seems.
There are whispers in South Korea that Kim Min Jae is nailed on to join us when his contact expires on December 31st this year.

He has stated he wants to come, but Levy won't pay 15m for someone with so little left on his contract.

He is currently at the end of a 14 day quarantine afer returning from Korea but after publicly stating that his team mates were not of the highest quality and he would like to have the opportunity to move; it will be interesting to see if he walks back into the team for their game on the 26th.

Personally I would love him at Spurs, I've been to plenty of football matches in both Korea and China, Kim is head and shoulders above the other defenders there. He is a beast, great passing range and a good friend of Sonny. Wouldn't surprise me if a free transfer is already in the pipeline.

I'm pretty sure his comments about his teammates were from last year. He is a very good defender but the last I was told about him was he looks destined for Italy.