Transfer Window - Summer 2021 | Page 44 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2021

The second time to get him was after he returned to Brighton from his Leeds loan. The time before that was when clubs saw him behind Dunk and Duffy at Brighton or out on his loans where he played a fair bit. You can't get them all, but the amount of time you read about these guys and just wish your recruitment team had some cojones. I bet he's been spoken about on this forum for over 2 years.
I think we bucked the trend with Rodon though. He's equipped himself well at the Euros and I think he'll be our No 1 CB next season. In fact, I already rate him as our No 1.

It's weird how, in a very ironic twist, not having a backup striker for Kane is going to help us in our negotiations for both buying a new striker and for getting max cash for Kane.

People will say "they have got a new striker so Kane must be leaving!" but we can just stand firm and say "no, we have been looking for another striker to compliment Harry for a while so it doesn't mean anything."

However, sell Kane before we get a new striker and we will screw ourselves into paying more for the new boy. That would be very... Spursy.

I think we bucked the trend with Rodon though. He's equipped himself well at the Euros and I think he'll be our No 1 CB next season. In fact, I already rate him as our No 1.

Was it a transfer strategy to buy young and nurture, or was it because we couldn't get a player like Skriniar in? Jose as much admitted this.

However, we can celebrate having Rodon. I'm with you about his standing at the club. It doesn't really come to fruition though until we remove the older players that are in his way. It became way too safe to keep playing Toby and Dier.

Where is Troy Parrott in next seasons plans??
Hopefully he'll get a championship loan next season. He didn't do well in his first loan to the championship last season and then dropped down to league 1 where he did better (can't remember the clubs but think he finished at Ipswich). Hopefully this season he'll get a few goals and make a bit of a name for himself in the championship. Only then we can start to have conversations about him playing for spurs

Was it a transfer strategy to buy young and nurture, or was it because we couldn't get a player like Skriniar in? Jose as much admitted this.

However, we can celebrate having Rodon. I'm with you about his standing at the club. It doesn't really come to fruition though until we remove the older players that are in his way. It became way too safe to keep playing Toby and Dier.
I think you're right about Skriniar. But at least we scouted and moved for him anyway.

I think he'll be ahead of Toby and Dier this season. And from memory even Jose had him in ahead of Dier towards the last few games of his reign along with Sanchez. It was Mason who reverted to the Toby/Dier pairing.

As it stands I only want to see Rodon, Sanchez and Tanganga playing at CB. Then add a youngish CB like White/Anderson brought in.
I would have Sanchez on the for sale list also. He cannot pass to save his life, is a headless chicken when under pressure and relies on his pace to get him out of trouble way too much for my liking. His stock would have increased due to his current performances for Columbia, so we may get a decent fee back.

Tomiyasu appears to be a target for us. 22yo Japanese RB/CB. Bit of a riskier move, but cheaper and has potential to really kick on. Doesn't help our left side out though.