Transfer Window - Summer 2021 | Page 40 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2021

Dier was placed at 9 th in the ratings table with data collected from forum posters, media and other websites. He was above 6 as an average which when playing a new position is ok. As for his weight, he has bulked up as part of the maturing process. Pace wise I bet he ain't far off our quickest of the large units we have.

Sorry, but I just can't...

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Good effort, but the value in £'s of the time you wasted, in typing the above post, is twice as much as I'd be bothered to get for him in a sale.

Only Andros Townsend beggared belief more than this loser cat has in recent Spurs history. More opportunities, at more positions, than any other player during his time. And he has been an unmitigated failure at every single one of them.

I now have wasted at least three times his value in £'s of my time, in writing this response.

The best thing the lad could do for the world of football, is just retire.

I shudder to think I may have to witness his paucity of neurological activity on MLS pitches across America someday soon. Yikes!!

Dier out.

Let's look at what we need, assuming Kane is gone:

High Priority:

-Striker - MUST have. If Son leaves, we need two.

-LB - I am not sold on Reggie and Davies is nothing but depth.

-CB - One, maybe two. Revolving clownshow back there.

Low/Medium Priority:

-AM - We are kind of healthy here...though if Dele opts to leave, then we may want one.

-RB - I like Tang, want him to make it his...but a yound up and comer here would be good. (oh wait we had one in KWP...FRACK!)

-DM - Yep we problaby need another ...so poor Iceberg doesn't have to play every damn minute of every game...you know the whole rotation thing.

BL - If we get 2-3 players for Kane to help fill in the spots for these holes...it would be a good start. But we need more. Could take a few windows.
I would not as we need do much more. Our team got what we deserved last season and the only reason we were not much worse off was because of Hugo ,Kane and Son. We may have a couple of others that are decent like Toby and early season reg but the rest are right where they deserve and that's mid table. Although some might say Hojbjerg was decent I would say not . He looked half decent when we played lower teams but up against mobile on players and intelligent players all he could do was foul . We need better not just him I could right chapters on half our players. So no 3 is not enough

I get a lot of people want wholesale change but an excellent DM would strengthen our spine immediately. Iceberg ain't it. His transition play is shit, and he is waaaayyyy toooo slow.

However, the question really was if it was only 3 changes what would make you happy?

I get a lot of people want wholesale change but an excellent DM would strengthen our spine immediately. Iceberg ain't it. His transition play is shit, and he is waaaayyyy toooo slow.

However, the question really was if it was only 3 changes what would make you happy?

Interesting that Iceberg went from widely regarded as our best player for a big stretch and then all of a sudden sucks.

Nope I don't buy it. I think he is good and will be fine.

I think he was jerked around by JM and honestly had zippo of support around him. Literally all the players around him suck and maintaining any sort of possession...

Not fun to get the ball jammed down your throat all damn game because everyone around can't receive the ball, hold the ball, or pass the ball.

**Not to mention he was called to play ALL the time..didn't really get any rest.

BL - I don't think we should give up on him yet.

Interesting that Iceberg went from widely regarded as our best player for a big stretch and then all of a sudden sucks.

I think he was jerked around by JM and honestly had zippo of support around him. Literally all the players around him suck and maintaining any sort of possession...

Not fun to get the ball jammed down your throat all damn game because everyone around can't receive the ball, hold the ball, or pass the ball.

**Not to mention he was called to play ALL the time..didn't really get any rest.

Widely regarded by whom?

He's the biggest culprit when it comes to delaying the transition.

This is why wholesale changes are not called for. No one knows where the players heads and playing levels are based on the new mantra. I don't think Iceberg thinks quickly enough on the attack.

So...3 changes.

Widely regarded by whom?

I would have to really dive back into some threads...but there was a period of time where he was regarded by many on here as one of our best players.

I know you are all hiding out there!!!

Regardless...when things go south...like it did for us...guess he seemed to take a lot of the brunt, and I don't think that is what was wrong with us.

Just my opinion of course.

He's the biggest culprit when it comes to delaying the transition.

This is why wholesale changes are not called for. No one knows where the players heads and playing levels are based on the new mantra. I don't think Iceberg thinks quickly enough on the attack.

So...3 changes.

Comon man...you loved him early...like I did as well. What changed? Did his play magically change? I don't think so...I think he was dicked over by JM. Playing alongside guys that don't understand their roles...so he had to cover down for them ALOT! (looking at you Winks and Ndom!)

I am not saying he is infallible...nope he also had poor games and has room to improve. I just believe that we have other WAY MORE pressing holes to fill.

Not to mention if we get rid of the many tactically inept players on the pitch that we have...I think he would thrive.

Again not trying to start a war...just my two cents.

Let's look at what we need, assuming Kane is gone:

High Priority:

-Striker - MUST have. If Son leaves, we need two.

-LB - I am not sold on Reggie and Davies is nothing but depth.

-CB - One, maybe two. Revolving clownshow back there.

Low/Medium Priority:

-AM - We are kind of healthy here...though if Dele opts to leave, then we may want one.

-RB - I like Tang, want him to make it his...but a yound up and comer here would be good. (oh wait we had one in KWP...FRACK!)

-DM - Yep we problaby need another ...so poor Iceberg doesn't have to play every damn minute of every game...you know the whole rotation thing.

BL - If we get 2-3 players for Kane to help fill in the spots for these holes...it would be a good start. But we need more. Could take a few windows.
I love , absolutely love the “ Revolving Clownshow Back There “.
That is priceless.
Plus ….. as we have agreed on numerous occasions, we need another “ meat eater “ back there .
And that should not get into the smut for brains department of any of you .
Me and US know what it is . That’s all that counts :wagging::rofl:

Comon man...you loved him early...like I did as well. What changed? Did his play magically change? I don't think so...I think he was dicked over by JM. Playing alongside guys that don't understand their roles...so he had to cover down for them ALOT! (looking at you Winks and Ndom!)

I am not saying he is infallible...nope he also had poor games and has room to improve. I just believe that we have other WAY MORE pressing holes to fill.

Not to mention if we get rid of the many tactically inept players on the pitch that we have...I think he would thrive.

Again not trying to start a war...just my two cents.

I did. And then I realized he was Jose's image of football and he wasn't up to Jose's standards. Although JM's standards were shit this time around. Lots of hindsight stuff but it is what it is and I was wrong about JM. But I would have hired him as well.

But why is Dier always too heavy? it's probably getting close to 4 years since he was at the right weight. I don't get it.

Like I said 3 years ago I would love to know his nutrition intake and training regime. Whatever he does in the gym or on the training pitch he doesn't work on the basics.

It could be a metabolism issue like a underactive thyroid. 🤷‍♂️

Sorry, but I just can't...

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Good effort, but the value in £'s of the time you wasted, in typing the above post, is twice as much as I'd be bothered to get for him in a sale.

Only Andros Townsend beggared belief more than this loser cat has in recent Spurs history. More opportunities, at more positions, than any other player during his time. And he has been an unmitigated failure at every single one of them.

I now have wasted at least three times his value in £'s of my time, in writing this response.

The best thing the lad could do for the world of football, is just retire.

I shudder to think I may have to witness his paucity of neurological activity on MLS pitches across America someday soon. Yikes!!

Dier out.

I would love that. Not a chance in hell would you be able to bite your tongue.

I love , absolutely love the “ Revolving Clownshow Back There “.
That is priceless.
Plus ….. as we have agreed on numerous occasions, we need another “ meat eater “ back there .
And that should not get into the smut for brains department of any of you .
Me and US know what it is . That’s all that counts :wagging::rofl:

I had to go back and read my post on that thread you just brought up for Iceberg. LOL yeah I was in rare form there!

If Paulo is the new head coach it looks like 3 at the back will be his formation. Or the DM dropping back making a 3. I don't mind that so much as at least it doesn't stay that shape all game.

Poch did it with Dier in the 15/16 season and worked well.

If Paulo is the new head coach it looks like 3 at the back will be his formation. Or the DM dropping back making a 3. I don't mind that so much as at least it doesn't stay that shape all game.

Poch did it with Dier in the 15/16 season and worked well.

First time he'd used 3 at the back was at Roma apparently. No clue whether he always had the CDM dropping in before, but that it is what caused the change at Roma. He had injuries and it was his centre mid that became his middle defender of the 3. Ended up staying there. All sounds familiar :-)

I agree with X although i'd probably go for a homegrown player at the back.

If Hugo does leave we'll be looking for somebody condiderably younger. I can see us going after somebody like Henderson tbh.

A replacement for Harry.

That's half a dozen changes when you factor in the return of Skipp & Sess.

I would have to really dive back into some threads...but there was a period of time where he was regarded by many on here as one of our best players.

I know you are all hiding out there!!!

Regardless...when things go south...like it did for us...guess he seemed to take a lot of the brunt, and I don't think that is what was wrong with us.

Just my opinion of course.

He's a £13m CM, former Captain from Southampton. I think he played exactly like that. I beleive he played every single Prem minute this season ya?

However, he is not good enough. If everything he did was 20% quicker, and 35% more deadly, then he'd be close.

If you made a list of the top10 #6's & #8's in the world right now, owuld he be on it? If not, then we need to shoot for higher quality players than that.

Perfectly fine squad player.

I agree with X although i'd probably go for a homegrown player at the back.

If Hugo does leave we'll be looking for somebody condiderably younger. I can see us going after somebody like Henderson tbh.

A replacement for Harry.

That's half a dozen changes when you factor in the return of Skipp & Sess.

You'd go with a less skilled played in the net to fill a HG spot? That's not what you're saying right?

Donnarumma is 22.

You'd go with a less skilled played in the net to fill a HG spot? That's not what you're saying right?

Donnarumma is 22.

Ideally i'd keep Hugo for another year & bring in a younger lad. I still can't see how we can release our two most experienced players in the same window. It could yet happen but obviously i'm hoping it won't.

There are a lot of good young English keepers to choose from. Henderson's got a great future ahead of him so why not?