Transfer Window - Summer 2021 | Page 39 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2021

The amount of 'things' that happen behind the scenes of a football club, that we as 'fans' have absolutely no clue about, is voluminous. If you go by 'results' in the transfer market, I assume that means who is 'signed' by spurs, and who is 'signed' by another club, as you just cannot know who anyone 'did not successfully sign' of course. We may think we know, because of the wacky tabloid loudmouths, and there may be some truth to what we learn, but not nearly enough to draw concrete conclusions. At least that counts in 98% of the situations. And when you DO get something that is in line with what's actually happening, you can be rest assured that it is coming from a source that has an agenda. Otherwise, what is the value of leaking it in the first place? So gobs of skepticism are required.

Every manager, or DOF, or anyone that accepts employment at a football club, has a paradigm within which they will be required to operate. Spurs, and DL, are very clear with people about how Spurs are run, what it's history is, and what the future goals of the club are. So anyone who accepts the job, accepts the paradigm.

Now, whether anyone changes the paradigm, or if there's been misinterpretations over time, that's all normal stuff that happens, and maybe DL is a bit more difficult to work with. Regardless now tho as the combination of the Revenue Machine plus the Footballing Machine, as two parts of the whole, have grown far to big for the previous setup to sustain. So big changes are afoot.

And the first thing that is obvious, is that nobody is saying shit about anything outside of the bubble. or very very very little, and surgical for them bits.

But there are some tiny bits....

I bet Brian Clough was a nightmare to work with . I can’t believe he never got the England job. !!!!!

So you don’t think there is a footballer in him Richmond , is that what you are saying.
Is there much difference between him and Winks.
I would say Leicester saw a footballer in a tenacious and hungry player in Vardy and turned him into a decent player .
Do you think we could do the same with Lo Celso .
under the right coach , I’m sure we could .

I played alongside Steve Perryman as a teenager . He fitted those parameters as well .

I see Lo Celso is getting some great reviews for his performance last night for Argentina. Well, the 67 mins he was on the pitch :-)

Big season for Gio. Needs to prove that he's equipped to play in the Prem and can stay fit. Least of our worries when I look at the older guys that need removing.

I bet Brian Clough was a nightmare to work with . I can’t believe he never got the England job. !!!!!

Was chatting to a Derby fan at the gym this morning. Bemoaning Steve McClaren coming back as their "technical director" after being hired and fired twice as a manager. He was quite surprised when I said us Spurs fans were ecstatic to have our own.

Can't imagine Cloughy working with Paratici or McClaren.

I see Lo Celso is getting some great reviews for his performance last night for Argentina. Well, the 67 mins he was on the pitch :-)

Big season for Gio. Needs to prove that he's equipped to play in the Prem and can stay fit. Least of our worries when I look at the older guys that need removing.
I'm not sure I agree entirely. Sure we have some 'older guys' who need to outed, but by and large they've had their day with us and gave us a return on our investment in them. Conversely, Lo Celso's goals and assists record since joining us, together with his ability to influence the outcome of matches thus far, is mediocre. I agree that it is a big season coming up for him. If he does not make a far greater contribution next season in both appearances and performance, we should accept the fact that we purchased an expensive dud, and move him on. We really don't need another Lamela for the next six years.

I'm not sure I agree entirely. Sure we have some 'older guys' who need to outed, but by and large they've had their day with us and gave us a return on our investment in them. Conversely, Lo Celso's goals and assists record since joining us, together with his ability to influence the outcome of matches thus far, is mediocre. I agree that it is a big season coming up for him. If he does not make a far greater contribution next season in both appearances and performance, we should accept the fact that we purchased an expensive dud, and move him on. We really don't need another Lamela for the next six years.

We were clearly never set up to play to Gio's strengths under Jose and his injury record speaks for itself. They are the 2 primary reasons his assists and goals were poor. It was all setup for Kane and Son to get the glory.

As for the older guys, here's the senior players list: Hart, Lloris, Doherty, Aurier, Toby, Dier, Davies, Sissoko, Lamela, Moura, Kane, Son.

I think we're now at the point where about half of these should be moved on. For me, that would be Aurier, Toby or Dier, Sissoko, Lamela and Kane. Probably too much to do to cut deeper than that in one summer but we could see others move as well if offers come in.

I can imagine that changing room feeling a lot different when some of the old guard have gone. For me, that is what needs promoting as we only look forward.

We were clearly never set up to play to Gio's strengths under Jose and his injury record speaks for itself. They are the 2 primary reasons his assists and goals were poor. It was all setup for Kane and Son to get the glory.

As for the older guys, here's the senior players list: Hart, Lloris, Doherty, Aurier, Toby, Dier, Davies, Sissoko, Lamela, Moura, Kane, Son.

I think we're now at the point where about half of these should be moved on. For me, that would be Aurier, Toby or Dier, Sissoko, Lamela and Kane. Probably too much to do to cut deeper than that in one summer but we could see others move as well if offers come in.

I can imagine that changing room feeling a lot different when some of the old guard have gone. For me, that is what needs promoting as we only look forward.

If we can't sell a backup LB in Davies, who is behind Reggie, to promote Sess, then this club really is done.

Also, I'd take a 100 year old Toby over Dier.

If we can't sell a backup LB in Davies, who is behind Reggie, to promote Sess, then this club really is done.

Hopefully Sessegnon gets the opportunity to prove himself further up the pitch, he doesn't have to be that good to prove superior to Bergwijn. Davies is a significantly better defender than Reguilon, which together with his ability to play centrally if required, continue to make him a valuable squad member.

Hopefully Sessegnon gets the opportunity to prove himself further up the pitch, he doesn't have to be that good to prove superior to Bergwijn. Davies is a significantly better defender than Reguilon, which together with his ability to play centrally if required, continue to make him a valuable squad member.

Reggie of the start of the season was breathtaking on both side of the pitch. He was what we were looking for and was elite. Yes, he regressed badly due to everything that happened, but he is head and shoulders above Davies.

Davies had an equally horrible season, and his regression is scary. The little pace he had is almost non existent, and with the constant injection of pace to the PL he is a real worry.

And Sess has played two thirds of his minutes in Germany as LB, and the last 6 matches were all there. In fact, they played around with his positioning more during the season than towards the end, where the coach seemed to decide that he would play as a LB.

I get the Dier hate in, but he's just had his first season playing on the left hand side of a CB pairing, so basically in the wrong place, at the wrong time - it was a defensive baptism of fire under tactics that we should never have played with a greenhorn in a low block...worse still and unforgivable by Jose with him being half fit and looking like he needed to shed 20 lbs.

I get the Dier hate in, but he's just had his first season playing on the left hand side of a CB pairing, so basically in the wrong place, at the wrong time - it was a defensive baptism of fire under tactics that we should never have played with a greenhorn in a low block...worse still and unforgivable by Jose with him being half fit and looking like he needed to shed 20 lbs.

I love how you string a sentence where you blame JM and then mention Dier's weight, that has been an issue for a while now.

Nobody is to blame for Dier's weight & fitness except for Dier.

Wonder what we're going to pin to Jose next.

I love how you string a sentence where you blame JM and then mention Dier's weight, that has been an issue for a while now.

Nobody is to blame for Dier's weight & fitness except for Dier.

Wonder what we're going to pin to Jose next.

As team coach; you get everyone to do with fitness and medical reporting to you, you also get to see anyone that's moved away from the ideal weight as determined by the sports scientist.

So, Jose's lack of attention to fitness and diet will have had much to do with it, like it or not.

Jose gave up halfway through the season on just about everything in my book and is a charlatan and should be hung drawn and quartered - and even that would be too good for him.

I'd need to see the current Sess first but i tend to agree. We know the career runway of Davies, Moura and Lamela and I think I'd prefer Sess to all 3.

I'd also like to think it is not Dier vs Toby. Firstly, Toby is shot to pieces. He needs to go regardless of what we do with Dier and Sanchez. He shouldn't even be keeping Japhet or Rodon out of the side in that right centre half role.

As team coach; you get everyone to do with fitness and medical reporting to you, you also get to see anyone that's moved away from the ideal weight as determined by the sports scientist.

So, Jose's lack of attention to fitness and diet will have had much to do with it, like it or not.

Jose gave up halfway through the season on just about everything in my book and is a charlatan and should be hung drawn and quartered - and even that would be too good for him.

But why is Dier always too heavy? it's probably getting close to 4 years since he was at the right weight. I don't get it.

Yes but over a two-year period. Leaders go first. Except Hugo.....maybe. Then see how the followers respond to the new direction and then make decisions on them. Son falls into the latter group.

Whatever we do, it needs to be constant movement in a positive direction...no settling, no stagnating.

The announcement of Fabio is one of those positive steps...keep them coming.

Sorry, but I just can't...

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Good effort, but the value in £'s of the time you wasted, in typing the above post, is twice as much as I'd be bothered to get for him in a sale.

Only Andros Townsend beggared belief more than this loser cat has in recent Spurs history. More opportunities, at more positions, than any other player during his time. And he has been an unmitigated failure at every single one of them.

I now have wasted at least three times his value in £'s of my time, in writing this response.

The best thing the lad could do for the world of football, is just retire.

I shudder to think I may have to witness his paucity of neurological activity on MLS pitches across America someday soon. Yikes!!

Dier out.

Who would be adverse to going into this season with just 3 changes?

Harry's gone so new front man.

Aurier is gone so new RB

Sissoko out so a new high level DM.

I would not as we need do much more. Our team got what we deserved last season and the only reason we were not much worse off was because of Hugo ,Kane and Son. We may have a couple of others that are decent like Toby and early season reg but the rest are right where they deserve and that's mid table. Although some might say Hojbjerg was decent I would say not . He looked half decent when we played lower teams but up against mobile on players and intelligent players all he could do was foul . We need better not just him I could right chapters on half our players. So no 3 is not enough

Who would be adverse to going into this season with just 3 changes?

Harry's gone so new front man.

Aurier is gone so new RB

Sissoko out so a new high level DM.

Let's look at what we need, assuming Kane is gone:

High Priority:

-Striker - MUST have. If Son leaves, we need two.

-LB - I am not sold on Reggie and Davies is nothing but depth.

-CB - One, maybe two. Revolving clownshow back there.

Low/Medium Priority:

-AM - We are kind of healthy here...though if Dele opts to leave, then we may want one.

-RB - I like Tang, want him to make it his...but a yound up and comer here would be good. (oh wait we had one in KWP...FRACK!)

-DM - Yep we problaby need another ...so poor Iceberg doesn't have to play every damn minute of every game...you know the whole rotation thing.

BL - If we get 2-3 players for Kane to help fill in the spots for these holes...it would be a good start. But we need more. Could take a few windows.