Transfer Window - Summer 2021 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2021

You're forgetting about the players out on loan. We have a handful of talented youngsters who could play a big part in our future. Players like Juan & Sess for instance. We've got to be savvy when it comes to spending, now more than ever.
I had presumed that Foyths loan was an indication that his time at spurs was up. Which is a shame as I always felt like he had good potential. However he could never shake the mistakes and inexplicable moments that he has just like with Dier and Sanchez.

On Sess, he's another I've never really been too excited by since joining us. Granted his championship stats are remarkable but I just feel like he's a player who just isn't quite good enough for any position. There's question marks over his defending as a LB and then doesn't seem to have enough quality to be a forward so we would have to play with a back 5 Which I don't think suits our current squad.

I had presumed that Foyths loan was an indication that his time at spurs was up. Which is a shame as I always felt like he had good potential. However he could never shake the mistakes and inexplicable moments that he has just like with Dier and Sanchez.

On Sess, he's another I've never really been too excited by since joining us. Granted his championship stats are remarkable but I just feel like he's a player who just isn't quite good enough for any position. There's question marks over his defending as a LB and then doesn't seem to have enough quality to be a forward so we would have to play with a back 5 Which I don't think suits our current squad.
Remember Bale? 22 games before he was part of a winning team.

Harry. He had to go out on loan in order to garner gametime & he was labelled bang ordinary by many a fan. Look at him now.

Believe me Sess is worth waiting for. He was thrown into the mix with little or no time on the pitch. Is it any wonder he was prone to the odd clanger. He needed a settled team around him to calm his nerves. He is just a kid after all.

Foyth has the potential to be that ball playing CB we all desire. Who in our squad is capable of holding & distributing the ball as productively other than Hoj & Dembele? I expect him to return a more experienced & hardened individual.

I had the same argument directed at me about Lamela seven years ago!

The 'we' is what others see or don't. I speak for myself & see a lot, and in given match situations; players of greater awareness and skill would have approached differently for better outcomes.
We have been set a fee of £40m to buy Vinicius, and we need to see that level of player reflected when he plays, he comes up short.
I'm not saying he is or isn't worth 40 m but surely we have to see him in action first before we can determine that. If 3 games is all he's worth you've got to question what the point of signing him was.

Remember Bale? 22 games before he was part of a winning team.

Harry. He had to go out on loan in order to garner gametime & he was labelled bang ordinary by many a fan. Look at him now.

Believe me Sess is worth waiting for. He was thrown into the mix with little or no time on the pitch. Is it any wonder he was prone to the odd clanger. He needed a settled team around him to calm his nerves. He is just a kid after all.

Foyth has the potential to be that ball playing CB we all desire. Who in our squad is capable of holding & distributing the ball as productively other than Hoj & Dembele? I expect him to return a more experienced & hardened individual.
I always felt that Bale stat was very harsh on him. Despite that run, he looked good and was certainly not the cause of it.
I liked the look of Kane even in his sub appearances as a young player due to his fight and how he conducted himself in the pitch.
Granted I, like many others, couldn't have dreamed of either of them reaching the level that they have.

I just worry that Sessegnon is a bit like Onomah in terms of not having that aggression to get involved in the game and make it his. I hope you are right on that though. We will see what shape he is in when he returns in the summer.

I've always thought Foyth should have been given a run in midfield. He's good on the ball and maybe a touch slow but quite similar to the likes of matic. There's no doubt about his skills with the ball but while he keeps being involved in mistakes or unfortunate incidents I'm not sure I can trust him in CB. He does have age on his side though.

I always felt that Bale stat was very harsh on him. Despite that run, he looked good and was certainly not the cause of it.
I liked the look of Kane even in his sub appearances as a young player due to his fight and how he conducted himself in the pitch.
Granted I, like many others, couldn't have dreamed of either of them reaching the level that they have.

I just worry that Sessegnon is a bit like Onomah in terms of not having that aggression to get involved in the game and make it his. I hope you are right on that though. We will see what shape he is in when he returns in the summer.

I've always thought Foyth should have been given a run in midfield. He's good on the ball and maybe a touch slow but quite similar to the likes of matic. There's no doubt about his skills with the ball but while he keeps being involved in mistakes or unfortunate incidents I'm not sure I can trust him in CB. He does have age on his side though.
It's the very reason why we sent them out on loan.

Both are brilliant prospects. I'd hate to think we'd cut them loose because of the dire financial straits we now find ourselves in.

I think Sess is giving a good account of himself as a LB in Germany's top flight. I'm not giving up on him yet. I'm glad he's away from the mother ship. It might be a different place when he returns.

I think he flatters to deceive and looks like another player we have paid too much to buy.
I thought the same of Ndombele last year. Just take a look at him now.

If we could keep the fella fit i reckon he'd blossom. He's shown he has ability however there have only been fleeting glimpses. Whether he can translate that into a full 90 still remains to be seen.

Bayern Munich announce the signing of Upamecano, joining them on July 1st. £38m transfer fee.

Now that is how to do transfer business.

A tradition of winning things and playing at the highest level...

Things we cannot provide. Unfortunate.

New keeper , get rid of Hart , Have Lloris as back up , unless he wants to leave .
New RB to replace Aurier (Aaron’s . ) Keep Doherty .
Vestegard from Saints . ... keep Tanga , Rodon . Dier , Davies .
Keep Sess and Reggie , at any price .

Lose Sissoko and Lamela , get in Back up for Hojbjerg.
Decent Kane back up , Ings? .
Most important of all ......... new manager .
Promote Ledley to coaching staff . We cannot lose him .

Bayern Munich announce the signing of Upamecano, joining them on July 1st. £38m transfer fee.

Now that is how to do transfer business.

Wow, this puts into perspective how much we overpaid for Sanchez, who cost 4m more, and is nowhere near the class of Upamecano.

Wow, this puts into perspective how much we overpaid for Sanchez, who cost 4m more, and is nowhere near the class of Upamecano.

It was a very inflated market at the time. Paying £38m today is like Barca buying De Jong for £59m a couple of years back. That is what Upamecano would have cost in that market.

Also Upamecano is 2 years older and has played all his football in the Bundesliga. He has way over 100 senior appearances. Sanchez had 32 games for Ajax.

When you break it down, there is no apples to apples comparison there at all. I try not to be too tough on Levy for taking the plunge for a player that was highly rated at the time. You never know whether a centre half can make it through this final part of the process. Nothing near as bad as the signings of Sissoko, Moura and Aurier who everyone knew were duds.

He seems to have been something of a desperation buy to fill the backup to Kane role with somebody ready to accept that he'd have limited game time. There is a big difference though between scoring a two tap in hat trick against non leaguers, and turning in decent performances at the highest level. Even against Wycombe he looked pretty moderate.
There seemed to be indications at the time that Bournemouth were relegated, that Callum Wilson would be willing to sign for us at a fee of around 20 million. England international with sound goal scoring record in the PL, which he's maintaining at Newcastle for 20 mill., versus Vinicius at 40. Oh dear.

Well, except that Vinicius was our top target (or one of a few and Wilson wasn't one of them) , regardless of whatever wispy chaff of bs came out about other Strikers. He was a primary target at the position. Not sure his loan deal was anything more than another creative way to push his buy off to the next fiscal period. If we don't buy him at the price, someone else bigger will.