Transfer window rumours | Page 7 | Vital Football

Transfer window rumours

I hope Oshilaja doesn't reappear here, I thought he was awful last time. The second Brackley away game in particular, he was absolutely dire.
He’s been a Championship starter since then, and has far more experience. A young footballer in the lower leagues is always going to have mistakes in him.

Oshilaja starts for Charlton tonight, so would seem unlikely he’ll be leaving there this window.

Josh Wright has signed for Crawley!
While Josh appeared to leave with a bit of bad blood. His performances for us were generally of a decent standard.Especially one game where he was lethal from the Spot.Do you remember Nobby?
Good luck to Josh at Crawley.

Oshilaja starts for Charlton tonight, so would seem unlikely he’ll be leaving there this window.
Oshi looked poor last night; always a bit rushed and nervous; we need stronger bigger player - I'd trawl the National League where such players are many (just a bit slower)
But Accrington looked very strong , just like they did here , with two 30-ish strikers picked from non-league in the summer ; too much made of age I think, as we've seen experience counts for a lot. We play Accy next week (frost permitting)

But Accrington looked very strong , just like they did here , with two 30-ish strikers picked from non-league in the summer ; too much made of age I think, as we've seen experience counts for a lot.

If you're talking about Bishop and Charles then 30-ish is pushing it, they're 24 and 25.

Is there another Cameron Jerome out there who fancies a few months next to the Medway ? What a diamond pick-up he`s been for MKD.

Rovers youngster Hayden Carter joined Burton ahead of the game this weekend.

He's a confident lad, quite tall. A centre back. I saw him make his Championship debut against Reading in the return to play period in summer, and he really impressed me (he was better than his partner Darragh Lenihan that day). But then he had a game straight after at Luton that didn't go so well and I think it stalled his emergence a bit. His potential is very good though.

Good signing for BA.

Next time I'll message the gaffer directly...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-14565-1373316550-21.gif

Ugh.

Oshi looked poor last night; always a bit rushed and nervous; we need stronger bigger player - I'd trawl the National League where such players are many (just a bit slower)
But Accrington looked very strong , just like they did here , with two 30-ish strikers picked from non-league in the summer ; too much made of age I think, as we've seen experience counts for a lot. We play Accy next week (frost permitting)

I watched the match as well as I had no desire to see Liverpool play Aston Villa’s youth team in the FA Cup. I agree Accrington were good to watch, full of pace and kept the ball down for the most part. Charlton were more like Gills to be honest, long balls forward but ran out of ideas around the penalty box. I agree that Oshilaja was poor, at fault for the second goal.

Just seen the last 25 mins of Ipswich v Swindon too, a corker of a strike from Swindon in that game. I’d have to say both sides looked superior to Gills today.

Last edited:
Courtney has been signed by "someone" in the last few hours , could it be us ? Probably not.

His Wikipedia page has just been updated to say he has signed for Bromley.

I don't think we are in a financial position to take a punt on a player that has only performed at National League level anyway.

His Wikipedia page has just been updated to say he has signed for Bromley.

I don't think we are in a financial position to take a punt on a player that has only performed at National League level anyway.

Oh well, perhaps he`ll do well there and move, un-punted, into the EFL for a six figure fee.

But in the meantime, taking a punt on NL players is exactly what an awful lot of EFL teams do. An up and coming young/youngish player leading the scoring stats in the NL is going to cost a fortune - so taking a punt is often well worth the gamble and frequently very profitable. There are many former (punts) NL players currently in the EFL.

There are plenty of gems in the NL, some of them are still hidden.

Edited to add Steve Evans, two weeks ago talking about transfer targets :
“We are looking at a lad in the Conference that we really like "

Last edited:
https://forum.charltonlife.com/disc...joined-mansfield-on-season-long-loan-pg-8/p18

View attachment 44822

Plenty of posts on the Charlton forum of George Lapslie, 23-year-old midfielder currently on loan at Mansfield, possibly being the other end of the swap deal. Was lively but inconsistent as a 21-year-old in the Championship but has apparently excelled while out on loan this time.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/char...d-sell-on-in-any-january-deal-for-midfielder/

Update: Lapslie signed yesterday (19th Jan) by Mansfield on a permanent deal.