Transfer window rumours | Page 6 | Vital Football

Transfer window rumours

FGR clearing the decks today, including a club record fee received for Mark Kitchen ! If there`s any truth in the Willock rumour we might hear something sooner rather than later ?
Unless it is a deal that needs very little immediate finance I can definitely see it is likely that players will leave before anyone can arrive.

Unless it is a deal that needs very little immediate finance I can definitely see it is likely that players will leave before anyone can arrive.

It is very good business for the club, but with a multi millionaire owner it isn’t going to make too much difference!

It is very good business for the club, but with a multi millionaire owner it isn’t going to make too much difference!
I think you are talking FGR I am talking about Gillingham.Sorry that I quoted the whole message and did not make that clear.

Oshilaja was a bit like Zakuani and Sancho IMO. They looked very busy and threw themselves in the way of shots and flew into tackles but the need for them to do that was normally because of a mistake, poor play or poor positioning by them that had got us in the shit in the first place.

Certainly not what we need now IMO. We need and experienced head to organise and lead in the Cullip sort of role, not the headless chicken last ditch type defending Oshilaja tended to bring.

Last edited:
That’s all very well and good Mozzer but I had a little bet on FGR on your recommendation.
You forgot to mention that they were going to sell all of their best players halfway through the season. 😳

That’s all very well and good Mozzer but I had a little bet on FGR on your recommendation.
You forgot to mention that they were going to sell all of their best players halfway through the season. 😳
Well if they buy or loan a lot of better ones then you will be ok.If not gambling is a mugs game anyway.

You will be fine...I said they will win the league and no reason to doubt it!

Well if they buy or loan a lot of better ones then you will be ok.If not gambling is a mugs game anyway.

Its like any vice chris if you manage it in moderation then not a problem but if you become addicted it can lead to all sorts of issues.

I gamble regularly. I enjoy it but I keep it in control and to be honest only recycle my winnings I rarely take money out (only time you beat the bookies) but equally rarely need to top it up either.

Skybet has an app that allows you to monitor your profit and loss and I think that is key. I was a bit surprised to see how much I have staked over the last 12 months, but please bear in mind the initial £5 has been recycled many, many times. Bottom line is I am £1.56 down over the 12 months. I'm not going to be retiring early but equally hardly a mugs game.

I too have FGR in two open accumulators but only need a top 7 finish. Chelsea are my concern at the moment, need them to finish top 4. Its tight at the top and I do see Chelsea as a risk.

Sky bet are offering me £25 to cash out that initial £5 (worth £93) at am beginning to be tempted.

That's another key. Don't be greedy, use cash out and only stake what you can afford to lose.

Oh - and don't bet on Gillingham ;-)

Rovers youngster Hayden Carter joined Burton ahead of the game this weekend.

He's a confident lad, quite tall. A centre back. I saw him make his Championship debut against Reading in the return to play period in summer, and he really impressed me (he was better than his partner Darragh Lenihan that day). But then he had a game straight after at Luton that didn't go so well and I think it stalled his emergence a bit. His potential is very good though.

Good signing for BA.

They have signed Bailey Cargill (remember him from his Gills loan?) from MK Dons!