Transfer window rumours | Vital Football

Transfer window rumours

OneSirKeefy

Vital Football Hero
I’ll start with a rumour on the twitter rumour page EFL HUB. Sounds credible this one.

🗞Report: Forest Green Rovers are interested in signing Gillingham midfielder Matty Willock, in January. #FGRFC #GFC #Gills #EFL_HUB

Anyone heard any other rumours to keep us going?

I’ll start with a rumour on the twitter rumour page EFL HUB. Sounds credible this one.

🗞Report: Forest Green Rovers are interested in signing Gillingham midfielder Matty Willock, in January. #FGRFC #GFC #Gills #EFL_HUB

Donald Trump is going in the January window. Not sure where to, but I'm sure you'll still hear about him everyday!

I was really excited when he signed, but I’m almost desperate for him to leave now, whatever the reason, it just hasn’t worked out for him and a parting of ways would benefit both parties.

He needs a fresh start somewhere else. Needs to get a regular run of games. The long ball tactics aren’t doing him any favours either.

I was really excited when he signed, but I’m almost desperate for him to leave now, whatever the reason, it just hasn’t worked out for him and a parting of ways would benefit both parties.
I feel sure the big clubs fill their heads with I am a superstar. Look at Ogilvie it took him a while to adjust and he is older .Injuries and the belief that he is better than us is likely to be affecting him.Until he gets fit and adjusts to where he is now he is just going to sink lower and lower.Work it out there are probably twenty or thirty Willock's at big clubs for every player who makes it above league one level.

I feel sure the big clubs fill their heads with I am a superstar. Look at Ogilvie it took him a while to adjust and he is older .Injuries and the belief that he is better than us is likely to be affecting him.Until he gets fit and adjusts to where he is now he is just going to sink lower and lower.Work it out there are probably twenty or thirty Willock's at big clubs for every player who makes it above league one level.

Got any sort of source or evidence of his attitude or belief being that way?

Also Willock and Ogilvie are the same age

I agree with you THS there's no evidence he is as Chris says.

He joined with some potential but then had a injury ravaged season. He's barely played football and it's hard to get into our team now. The boy needs games, I doubt very much it's because of an attitude problem - SE would have binned him a long time ago if so.

I feel sure the big clubs fill their heads with I am a superstar. Injuries and the belief that he is better than us is likely to be affecting him.Until he gets fit and adjusts to where he is now he is just going to sink lower and lower.Work it out there are probably twenty or thirty Willock's at big clubs for every player who makes it above league one level.

That is a bit assumption and probably a bit of a slur on Willock in implying he might be a Billy Big Boots, especially when it has been reported that he has been suffering from injuries.

If Willock was another JET, then I am sure Evans would have isolated him out of the club like he did with Hobson and Cisse. The fact that Willock has been on the bench points to me that he hasn't been written off as a bad egg.

Willock just needs to get fit and find some form but sadly for him he seems to be down the pecking order behind quite a few players who were signed after he was.

And Ogilvie found his feet once we stopped playing him at left back and played him in the middle which is certainly his best position. If Zakuani had stayed then Ogilvie would have continued playing as fullback and would probably be slagged off as being one of the worse left backs we've ever had.

My point is that it took Ogilvie a lot of games to adjust to the game at our level. That's something because of fitness Willock has not had.Dropping a level or two will not help him unless he can adjust to that mind set.He is now a reserve at a mid table league one side.That is a massive step down from being a potential super star.If anyone truly thinks that drop would not affect them not just in wages but mentally in there mind set then I think they are dreaming.I am not saying he is in the JET mould at all .Only that he has had a dream shattered. Willock has never had that chance to earn the sort of money perhaps his ability could have earned him.JET was a user who was using his ability to earn big money while not even bothering to work hard depending totally on natural ability and fitness.

I would argue that most of our best players have stepped up to our level.Some from youth football.Cascarino being a classic example of a player stepping up.But there are many others .Few are like Terry Cochrane stepping down from the top and even fewer since the massive Premier league started.
Now we and clubs like us just don't get that much given they have hundreds of players.Success at our level with players from the top six clubs just isn't happening that often given the amount of talent they have.

SE has always stated if you deserve to be in the team (impressing in training/when given an opportunity in games) then you will be in his team. For whatever reason, be that injuries, not doing enough in training/ matches or attitude clearly Willock has not done enough to impress SE and is quite a way down the list of midfielders atm.

FGR have an abundance of talented midfielders and so I don’t think Matty Willock will be going anywhere near the new lawn!

The Spotters are interested in Jack Tucker apparently. Can't see their interest being anything more than that unless they are willing to stump up a significant wad of cash.