Transfer Window - January 2021 | Page 27 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - January 2021

I love connecting the dots. I can see the need for 2-3 replacements however if we were to sign just one, it would still be a CB.

Nine days left to this window. Sell Alli and bring in Sabitzer (any price.). AND, get me a centre-back to partner Rodon.

Hmm, I believe we have already tried the N'dom/LoCelso experiment in one EL match, Jose ended the union at half time, we were, overrun. Our defence under constant pressure working overtime to fill holes. If memory serves me, one of Hoj/Siss had to come on to shore things up. The idea might have greater sustainability with a more dynamic player, better on both sides of the ball than Lo Celso.

Muttley’s desire to see Kane, Son, Bergwijn, Lo Celso and Ndombele in the same team works in a 4-2-3-1.

Son
Bergwijn Kane Lo Celso
Hojbjerg Ndombele

Son playing as the main striker, Kane as the No 10, Lo Celso cutting in from the right with an overlapping right back. Bergwijn in his favored left wing position cutting in on his right with Reguilon overlapping. Ndombele pulling the strings and Hojbjerg sitting.

Hmm, I believe we have already tried the N'dom/LoCelso experiment in one EL match, Jose ended the union at half time, we were, overrun. Our defence under constant pressure working overtime to fill holes. If memory serves me, one of Hoj/Siss had to come on to shore things up. The idea might have greater sustainability with a more dynamic player, better on both sides of the ball than Lo Celso.
Whilst this was a concerning game for those of us who hope to see a future midfield of Hojbjerg, NDombele and Lo Celso, this issue for me was that they were played the wrong way round. NDombele was played further up the pitch where the game just passed him by too much. I want to see a fit and motivated NDombele along side Hojbjerg with Lo celso given the freedom to be further forward and link the play to the forwards.

Whilst this was a concerning game for those of us who hope to see a future midfield of Hojbjerg, NDombele and Lo Celso, this issue for me was that they were played the wrong way round. NDombele was played further up the pitch where the game just passed him by too much. I want to see a fit and motivated NDombele along side Hojbjerg with Lo celso given the freedom to be further forward and link the play to the forwards.
I just don't see that happening until such time we get that CB we've all been craving after. If we had him i could see Jose implementing a higher line & playing a more offensive starting eleven than he currently has of late.

I want to see a better player than LoCelso not only linking play but also scoring regularly he doesn't assure me that he can do that consistently.

I want to see a better player than LoCelso not only linking play but also scoring regularly he doesn't assure me that he can do that consistently.
Observations. Have we seen enough of him? Has he been played in his best position? Is it him or JM’s tactics? How is best player for Argentina in recent internationals not good enough for us? Suggest too early for us to judge fairly.

Observations. Have we seen enough of him? Has he been played in his best position? Is it him or JM’s tactics? How is best player for Argentina in recent internationals not good enough for us? Suggest too early for us to judge fairly.

You speak for yourself, I've seen enough of him, and he often doesn't impress me. I'm not bothered by what he does for Argentina when he plays for us; he often fails to live up to expectations.

Jose said the other day that if transfers were difficult due to restrictions then clubs will have to use their academies.....or words to that effect.
He also said our problem is that our best players are under 18 !!
That's a bit of a kick in the bollox for Cirkin, Marsh, Roles, Parrot, Clarke etc.
Devine and Scarlett I know are promising from the under 18s.

We saw what he could do in the second half of last season. He was arguably our best player. This season he has been hamstrung by injuries and has hardly got going. Second half sub appearances are no basis to assess. It's not as though we are spoilt for choice in the area he plays either.

Loco has a media/ web rating of 6.61 so far this season. Forum posters is more realistic at 6.19 I think. 9 th in the table. He has not played as much as others though.
He is an adventurous player like Lamela and will make mistakes as a result when trying to thread balls through. He is pretty tenacious when he loses the ball , quite often resulting in free kick given away or a yellow.
My biggest concern is injuries for him.
He is more of a leftie than Lamela and that's saying something !!
If he can stay free of injury I would expect him to be an asset.

Jose said the other day that if transfers were difficult due to restrictions then clubs will have to use their academies.....or words to that effect.
He also said our problem is that our best players are under 18 !!
That's a bit of a kick in the bollox for Cirkin, Marsh, Roles, Parrot, Clarke etc.
Devine and Scarlett I know are promising from the under 18s.
So we have a flawed production line.

They are talented when they arrive and coached by one set of nurturing supervisors, they then enter the phase II development conveyor belt under different supervisors (18-23 yr group) and talent is knocked out of them, then they are thrown on the PL conveyor belt where they get limited or no opps!. They either turn out of to be a collection of Winks or sold/loaned!

Does Jose even sit down with all the coaching staff to review our set up?!

So we have a flawed production line.

They are talented when they arrive and coached by one set of nurturing supervisors, they then enter the phase II development conveyor belt under different supervisors (18-23 yr group) and talent is knocked out of them, then they are thrown on the PL conveyor belt where they get limited or no opps!. They either turn out of to be a collection of Winks or sold/loaned!

Does Jose even sit down with all the coaching staff to review our set up?!

What's that saying "don't kid a kidder"

Jose won't even barely use 23 year olds so why would Scarlett and Devine wait 7 or 8 years for a first team chance.

Jose is starting to contradict himself more than Donald Trump when he talks about our younger players. He said some amazingly complimentary public things about Dele, Skipp, Japhet, Sess, Parrott, Cirkin, White etc. You can't keep paying this type of lip service before someone questions your integrity and credibility.

Also, no coincidence either that we're in a transfer window and he makes that statement on Friday. Anyone would think that he wants to the chairman to forget the current crop and buy more players :-)

For me, the longer Jose stays in this role, the more we get to learn whether he can take young players through the entire development cycle to 1st team superstardom. I couldn't name you one player in his entire career that he's done that with, mostly because he's fired before the cycle finishes.

What's that saying "don't kid a kidder"

Jose won't even barely use 23 year olds so why would Scarlett and Devine wait 7 or 8 years for a first team chance.

Jose is starting to contradict himself more than Donald Trump when he talks about our younger players. He said some amazingly complimentary public things about Dele, Skipp, Japhet, Sess, Parrott, Cirkin, White etc. You can't keep paying this type of lip service before someone questions your integrity and credibility.

Also, no coincidence either that we're in a transfer window and he makes that statement on Friday. Anyone would think that he wants to the chairman to forget the current crop and buy more players :-)

For me, the longer Jose stays in this role, the more we get to learn whether he can take young players through the entire development cycle to 1st team superstardom. I couldn't name you one player in his entire career that he's done that with, mostly because he's fired before the cycle finishes.

I think Ex gave us the % figures of players making it from academy level and Spurs were high up on the success rate. Tanganga and Skipp are the latest to stand a chance of making it big. Carrol and Pritchard seem to have fallen away. CCV may yet do it. Parrott is struggling but it could be a growing up issue. Winks came through and although not a top 4 player he is PL level IMO.

Muttley’s desire to see Kane, Son, Bergwijn, Lo Celso and Ndombele in the same team works in a 4-2-3-1.

Son
Bergwijn Kane Lo Celso
Hojbjerg Ndombele

Son playing as the main striker, Kane as the No 10, Lo Celso cutting in from the right with an overlapping right back. Bergwijn in his favored left wing position cutting in on his right with Reguilon overlapping. Ndombele pulling the strings and Hojbjerg sitting.

The theory of Bergwijn and Lo Celso cutting in isn't the problem; the issue I have is what often follows. Our lack of end product & quality from too many of our supporting cast. And it backs up the valid points that Bent made in another thread.