Transfer Targets 2021/22 Season | Page 20 | Vital Football

Transfer Targets 2021/22 Season

Brewster joined us in the middle of a car crash. I'm happy to cut him some slack to see whether he's got it. Mind you there was that lad who turned up on loan from Liverpool as a future England Midfielder, and is now playing for Oxford United, cant recall the name, so maybe you are right...

So, after two days of solid noise it's becoming pretty clear to me that the latest round of Aaron Ramsdale stories are all made up nonsense. There's just too much contradictory stuff flying around to believe that anyone knows anything. It's also weird to me that Sky Sports News hasn't reported on any of it. There's no way they would have completely ignored Arsenal having two bids rejected, or us setting a big asking price; those kinds of stories are the whole point of a 24 hour sports news channel. If it is true that they are "preparing a bid", then I'll let Dark Helmet give my response:

SB1.jpg

Brewster joined us in the middle of a car crash. I'm happy to cut him some slack to see whether he's got it. Mind you there was that lad who turned up on loan from Liverpool as a future England Midfielder, and is now playing for Oxford United, cant recall the name, so maybe you are right...

Conor Coady's done alright for himself...

Ben Davies according to the Star had effectively agreed to sign for Our Chris before the Scousers made their move for him.UTB

We didn't 'effectively' sign anyone that window though. Davies had been courted by Celtic for over 6 months, the Scottish press reporting he'd join on a free this window before at the 11th hour Liverpool coming in with their 60k a week offer. They then signed Kabak, relegating Davies behind the Turk, Fabinho, Phillips and even Jordan Henderson at CB.

Davies would be an able deputy for JOC, but wages are the obvious stumbling block. We won't get any favours from the Scousers, any interest we show in Davies they'd likely try to involve their interest in Kyron Gordon.

Ben Davies according to the Star had effectively agreed to sign for Our Chris before the Scousers made their move for him.UTB

Sounds rather familiar!
Transfer targets effectively agreed to sign for CW - before our amazing transfer negotiating team got involved - and the player went somewhere else.
What’s odd is that these players all seem to have been much more successful than the ones we finally got.

Sounds rather familiar!
Transfer targets effectively agreed to sign for CW - before our amazing transfer negotiating team got involved - and the player went somewhere else.
What’s odd is that these players all seem to have been much more successful than the ones we finally got.

The window before last season I'm sure we could have bought Davies or Cooper, but the management decided we'd wing it with JOC's injury and his backup and instead throw 23 million at Liverpool for Brewster.

It was no use CW 'effectively' signing players last window, he'd tried to resign twice so the board weren't going to green light deals. The Prince during his interview with Sky said CW wanted to sign a defensive midfielder.

We won't get any favours from the Scousers, any interest we show in Davies they'd likely try to involve their interest in Kyron Gordon.

What interest in Kyron Gordon?

Sounds rather familiar!

Can you give some more examples? I legitimately can't think of any.

Not Coady, the other lad, Ben Woodburn. He was supposed to be the next big thing. Didnt even become a thing, never mind a big one...

PS. Just looked and he's still a Liverpool player, but has played more times for Wales than Liverpool.

I knew who you meant, I was just pointing out that not all the players we've signed from Liverpool were rubbish. It remains to be seen how Rhian turns out, but he gets the same clean slate with me as everyone else for the new season.

The comments about the last signing are about the last manager's poor transfer mkt record Chips- unless , of course, you think Brewster's been a success.:hmmm:

Time will tell for the new guy.
You were talking about Ben Davies TT. So again, don't you trust our new bloke?

You were talking about Ben Davies TT. So again, don't you trust our new bloke?
I mentioned two players.
I've answered you about Brewster.
My point about Davies clearly had nothing to do with his abilities . It was a tongue in cheek remark about how,seemingly, he had messed us around so, ON A TIT FOR TAT BASIS, we should do the same to him.

As for the new manager he enjoys the same level of trust I have had with any other manager owner or employee of the club AT THE START OF THEIR TENURE.
Some turn out well, some are average,some are disastrous and some are liars.

I mentioned two players.
I've answered you about Brewster.
My point about Davies clearly had nothing to do with his abilities . It was a tongue in cheek remark about how,seemingly, he had messed us around so, ON A TIT FOR TAT BASIS, we should do the same to him.

As for the new manager he enjoys the same level of trust I have had with any other manager owner or employee of the club AT THE START OF THEIR TENURE.
Some turn out well, some are average,some are disastrous and some are liars.
I accept your apology mate. :cool: I bet we both hope he is the one.

Atalanta are the latest Italian club linked with Sander,if true and he moves there,it's a big step up to be playing in Champions League rather than the Championship.UTB

It'll be interesting to see if Berge plays against Donny. He's got his people aggitating for a lucrative move so it's perhaps time he proves he's worth one - and proves he's fit.

He hasn't played much football this past 17 months, and certainly not much winning football. He was part of a United side that were relegated and a Norway side that failed to qualify for the Euros, many fans of both sides are underwhelmed by him.

Unless we're desperate to get him off the wage bill I'd like Berge to commit to Slav and the club until at least January. Pay us back for the investment and faith we showed in him and do everything he can to win us promotion from the Championship meat grinder. McBurnie admitted he's personally been 'wank' for us, I wonder how Berge would assess his own performances in a United shirt ?

It'll be interesting to see if Berge plays against Donny. He's got his people aggitating for a lucrative move so it's perhaps time he proves he's worth one - and proves he's fit.

He hasn't played much football this past 17 months, and certainly not much winning football. He was part of a United side that were relegated and a Norway side that failed to qualify for the Euros, many fans of both sides are underwhelmed by him.

Unless we're desperate to get him off the wage bill I'd like Berge to commit to Slav and the club until at least January. Pay us back for the investment and faith we showed in him and do everything he can to win us promotion from the Championship meat grinder. McBurnie admitted he's personally been 'wank' for us, I wonder how Berge would assess his own performances in a United shirt ?
Has mcburnie really ? Where and when was that I’d like to see that for myself 👀