Transfer Targets 2021/22 Season | Page 5 | Vital Football

Transfer Targets 2021/22 Season

Be interesting how Brentford approach recruitment in the Premiership, they have only released four players. Don't see them changing their recruitment model as it seems to work for them.
Norwich have already said they won't put the club at risk as they did a few years ago, so it will be prudent spending again, mainly from abroad and using their academy players. Seems a sensible approach.

It will be interesting to see the type of player we do recruit under the new perceived model. Hopefully some bargains from abroad now Van Winkel choices aren't going to be frozen out like Verrips was.

Important time for Mitchell as he did the previous managers bidding. Free of that control hopefully he will have a remit to look further afield than just British based players.

Manchester United have had a £67m bid for England winger Jadon Sancho turned down by Borussia Dortmund.

There were football people saying big transfers fees would slow down, clearly that doesn't apply to the Premiership.
Wonder if the minority of MU fans are complaining about the Glazers when they read this, whoever said fans are fickle.

Manchester United have had a £67m bid for England winger Jadon Sancho turned down by Borussia Dortmund.

There were football people saying big transfers fees would slow down, clearly that doesn't apply to the Premiership.
Wonder if the minority of MU fans are complaining about the Glazers when they read this, whoever said fans are fickle.
Honest question is Sancho worth £35-£40 million more than Berge ?. Very over priced and over hyped.

Will be a good investment for Man U.

Possibly knocking about £40m off what they would've had to pay last year.

Honest question is Sancho worth £35-£40 million more than Berge ?. Very over priced and over hyped.

Players are over priced, I struggle to believe Berge is worth anywhere near 35m, I haven't seen enough from him to warrant that fee.
Sancho's an England International, played over 100 games for Borussia Dortmund and scored 38 goals. I'm not sure Berge has that pedigree.
Maybe somebody will pay it, but his record in the Premier league along with his injury says it would be more of risk than signing Sancho, all about opinions though.

I don't know why Man U don't turn their attention to Marcus Thuram. I think he's a better player than Sancho, doesn't miss as many games and manages similar stats playing for a lesser side.

Available for around half of what they've offered for Sancho.

Villa revealed Buendia had signed a five-year deal, reported to be in the region of £30million plus add-ons, after completing his medical and finalising personal terms following Argentina’s World Cup qualifying match with Colombia.Norwich have made a bumper profit on the Argentina playmaker, who was signed from Spanish club Getafe for around £1.6m in 2018

That is a serious profit and he's helped them gain promotions. Hopefully we will extend our recruitment a little wider in the coming years and pick some bargains up.

I don't know why Man U don't turn their attention to Marcus Thuram. I think he's a better player than Sancho, doesn't miss as many games and manages similar stats playing for a lesser side.

Available for around half of what they've offered for Sancho.

Man U are thick like that.

They clearly see Sancho as their Sterling and value for money dosen't matter.

Man U are thick like that.

They clearly see Sancho as their Sterling and value for money dosen't matter.

Sancho and Wan-Bissaka would be a horrible combo down the right. Now if the rags could sign both Sancho and Hakimi, who Inter are looking to flog, that's a pairing that could tip them into being title contenders.

Sheffield United have been handed a potential boost by news that Arsenal are set to press ahead with their pursuit of Brighton’s Yves Bissouma.

Is that a boost?
Not sure. If we need to raise funds he allegedly is our biggest asset. Apparently Arsenal had a 17m offer turned down, maybe they see that as his top value and moved on. I would have thought his injury and lack of games would have a bearing on any bid. Apparently Bissouma has instructed his agent to arrange a move to Arsenal.
What I've seen of both players I would say Bissouma seems to feature more in games although he likes a yellow card.

Chelsea have matched Paris Saint-Germain's £56.1m (€60m) offer for Inter Milan wing-back Achraf Hakimi.

Clearly not being able to push the Super League through has affected their spending potential we are not on the same planet regarding transfers. The top six has been disrupted this year but I'm sure Arsenal/Spurs will regroup and go again. The up side is we aren't alone in making up the numbers.

Why sign Hakimi when they have Reece James?

And Chilwell for LWB?

Just one of their usual dick swinging exercises presumably.

Who said you can't have too many good players, certainly true. They will be competing for four trophy's maybe five do they play in Super Cup by winning CL, and they do rotate the squad. Apparently he can play right-back or right wing-back, he can also play on the left or as a winger.

What is it with Stoke. First we are looking at Clucas and now Joe Allen (according to the rumours).

I saw Joe Allen for Wales against Switzerland and i don't get the hype.

Wales completely lost the midfield battle and Allen is just another headless midfield trier. The type we already have !!.

A big no from me for Clucas or Allen.

We need better quality.

Expiring contracts June 30, 2022, Lys Mousset, Chris Basham, Luke Freeman, Jack Robinson, Ben Osborn and Billy Sharp.
Be interesting what SJ does regarding these players, he won't have that connection with these players. It does give him options, if he doesn't fancy them he can run the contacts down or try and move on. If we can get back first time we will upgrade anyway.

Stoke would love to get Allen off their wage bill. Wrong side of thirty, injury prone and on 2.6 million basic in the Championship. Their own fault though, they tied him to a long term deal two years ago when PL clubs, including us, were rumoured to be interested.

Sheffield United could be set to soften their transfer stance on Sander Berge which will come as a huge boost for Arsenal. So, the Blades could be set to relax the demand that the £35million is paid altogether, with Arsenal preferring to spread the money through instalments.

I think it's the 35million that's the stumbling block.

Florentina and Napoli interested, his agent is touting him all over Europe, thought Italian clubs were deep in debt, never seems to stop football clubs increasing their debt.

Last edited: