Some that stand out for me are:

Scott Dann
James McCarthy
Nathan Baker
Famara Diedhiou
Britt Assombalonga
Sammy Ameobi
Alex Pritchard
A few keepers we could get as backup too.

I like the idea of Ameobi on a free, as an impact and rotation player if we use wingers. He can be a great outlet.
With the ability he has owd Sammy should've done more in his career i think Herby.UTB

Definitely. He can still achieve good things though. No doubt for me he's the sort of player who could play a big part in promotion to the PL.

Sheyi Ojo has similarities with him though and may be the better option.

Those rumours of Palace making big cut backs weren't kidding, wow. Some tempting names on there but wages might make them eyes bigger than our bellies targets. I'd like Hennessey to join Ramsdale and Eastwood as our stoppers, nice trio that.

Man City letting 20 yo England youth international Felix Nmecha go caught the eye. A possible punt that could work out as well as David Brooks.

Surprising that Palace are letting that many go.

Dann would surely be worthwhile for a season at least. Would be ideal in the middle of a 3, or in a back 4, and has height, experience and leadership abilities.

We have to make sure we have defensive options to play a back 4. Currently, we don't. Egan and JOC would be the pair but the latter might be fucked.

Dann would bring qualities like leadership, getting on the end of crosses in both boxes, experience at sniffing out danger and crucially he's able to play in the middle of a back four. He's a war horse.

Only concern would be his lack of pace if Slav wants to play a high line.

Dann would bring qualities like leadership, getting on the end of crosses in both boxes, experience at sniffing out danger and crucially he's able to play in the middle of a back four. He's a war horse.

Only concern would be his lack of pace if Slav wants to play a high line.
If he’s worried about pace at the back then none our back line will be starters next season !

VILLA AGREE RECORD FEE FOR BUENDIA

Emiliano Buendia is on the verge of joining Aston Villa for £30 million.

Villa and Norwich have agreed a fee which is a club record for the Villains, and a record sale for Norwich.

The attacker has completed a medical in Argentina.

The fee could rise to nearly £40m including add-ons.

Money talks, I bet Norwich have already identified a foreign player to replace him and add some more quality to the squad.

If he’s worried about pace at the back then none our back line will be starters next season !

Dann makes all our starting back five look like Linford Christie. He's Jags slow, which has been fine when playing in a deep block with Palace these past few years.

It's good business by Villa with Buendia.

Maybe they're just making one big signing this summer rather than having another silly spree? In which case, it's smart from them. Won't hold my breath though. They'll probably spend another £600m.

Wonder if they see him as the one to offset the loss of Grealish at some point? But if they'll be playing together, that's awesome. About as creative as it gets.

It's almost as if we should have considered spending on Buendia rather than fucking Brewster. Undoubted player of the season in the Championship but I'm sure that award will go to Ivan Toney because.......... you know.

Write ups of those I put in bold.

Forwards / Wingers

Michael Gregoritsch - This would be a replacement for McBurnie if he's sold, and probably an upgrade. His all round game is undoubtedly better, he's a far more rounded and accomplished technician as well as being a better athlete. Had a good start to the season and became Austria's starting number 9, but has stalled a bit since and should be available and attainable.

Lucas Joao - A quality CF and a serious all round threat. Can make things happen from nothing. Has just had the season he's threatened for a while. If Reading would take a reasonable offer, I'd like to see him here. Again, would probably have to be in place of McBurnie.

Onel Hernandez - Pacy wide forward to play on either side. A right footer who plays from the left - which we don't have. Proven at this level.

Harry Wilson - Likely to leave Liverpool permanently. A wide forward option who should always be high in goals and assists at Championship level. Significant set piece ability too, which we lack, as well as a long range threat.

Sheyi Ojo - Has had a decent season at Cardiff. Jokanovic had him at Fulham. He stood out in that game at BL, as you'll probably remember. Left footed with quick feet and a powerful shot, he has a good frame, is a good athlete and can play all across the pitch. Also likely to leave Liverpool permanently.

Kamil Jozwiak - A good one to raid Derby for. Very lively looking winger, good one on one dribbler, direct, always looks a threat. They signed him for about £3.5m last summer. Should kick on again next season. Would help being in a better team.

It wouldn't suprise me if Jozwiak had a couple of good games in the Euros and his price sky rocketed.

Him, Bird, Sibley and Bielik need to get away from that oaf Rooney. He's ruinning Sibley in particular.

Norwich City’s Emi Buendia claimed the honour of the Sky Bet Championship Player of the Season award after his all-round contribution helped the Canaries gain promotion back to the Premier League. Buendia’s , including a division-high 16 assists earned him the accolade ahead of team-mate Teemu Pukki, and Brentford’s Ivan Toney.

Well done to them all.

It's good business by Villa with Buendia.

Maybe they're just making one big signing this summer rather than having another silly spree? In which case, it's smart from them. Won't hold my breath though. They'll probably spend another £600m.

Wonder if they see him as the one to offset the loss of Grealish at some point? But if they'll be playing together, that's awesome. About as creative as it gets.

It's almost as if we should have considered spending on Buendia rather than fucking Brewster. Undoubted player of the season in the Championship but I'm sure that award will go to Ivan Toney because.......... you know.
Perhaps Grealish is on his way out of Vile(a) park? and that's why they're doing this deal early, although i saw somewhere yesdi that Vile(a) wanted £130million for young Jack.UTB

VILLA WANT WARD-PROWSE

Aston Villa are ready to make a bid for James Ward-Prowse, report The Guardian.

This comes after agreeing a club-record £30m-plus deal to sign Emiliano Buendía from Norwich as Dean Smith eyes getting his business done early this summer.

Get a jog on SJ Villa are nicking all our targets,

VILLA WANT WARD-PROWSE

Aston Villa are ready to make a bid for James Ward-Prowse, report The Guardian.

This comes after agreeing a club-record £30m-plus deal to sign Emiliano Buendía from Norwich as Dean Smith eyes getting his business done early this summer.

Get a jog on SJ Villa are nicking all our targets,
It must be great to be in Dean Smiths shoes. JWP and Buendia are both top quality. We won’t be shopping in the same places.

It must be great to be in Dean Smiths shoes. JWP and Buendia are both top quality. We won’t be shopping in the same places.

Were we ever shopping in the same place as AV or most of the other Prem clubs. We were linked with a load of players, but when cash was discussed we fell away. I've no problem with that the continuation of the club is all that matters, to easy to spend money you haven't got. Until we inherit a multi-billionare this is the level we are at.

Were we ever shopping in the same place as AV or most of the other Prem clubs. We were linked with a load of players, but when cash was discussed we fell away. I've no problem with that the continuation of the club is all that matters, to easy to spend money you haven't got. Until we inherit a multi-billionare this is the level we are at.
I have no problem with that either but it does seem unfair when these teams continue to spend what they cannot afford. If we want to take the next step up we do need more investment. Much easy said than done.

I have no problem with that either but it does seem unfair when these teams continue to spend what they cannot afford. If we want to take the next step up we do need more investment. Much easy said than done.

The reality is unless we find a very, very rich benefactor this is our future. Probably attracting one now has become harder with our recent relegation but we live in hope.