Transfer Targets 2021/22 Season | Page 8 | Vital Football

Transfer Targets 2021/22 Season

Sounds like Villa are back in for Berge. They do have excellent financial backing so this could work. Southampton have told them Ward Prowse is going nowhere.

Now McGrab has gone we are holding out. Sander will go for the release clause fee or stay. Not 50p and a bag of liquorice all sorts .

I find it hard to believe Berge's agent agreed to have a 35 million release clause inserted in his contract. It's been reported that SUFC was a stepping stone for him, the odds were we would be relegated the first year, we dodged the first bullet not the second.
Why would he agree to a clause that would hinder him jumping ship as soon as possible, doesn't make sense. He hasn't looked like a 35 mill player, his injury will be a factor until he actually plays some competitive football we won't know if he has recovered.
Hopefully somebody will part with some cash, but I'm sure there are players available out there who carry less risk at 35mill than Berge but football never surprises.

What is the release clause supposed to be for a player that cost £22 million ?

The usual McCabe type of deal....£1.5 million buys anybody ?

Berge turned us down at the beginning of the 2019/20 season assuming like most did that we would be relegated in the first season. Fast forward to JTW and we're flying high with talk of Europe and he signs. PA pays extra to get him in £22m instead of £17.5m as Gent wanted him to stay till the end of the season so he rightly protects his asset with a buy out clause as any sensible owner would. £45m in EPL dropping to £35m in EFL. There will also be a sell on percentage to pay to Gent. Buy out clauses are part and parcel of EPL contracts and as PA says others have them as well, Ramsdale and Brewster although his is a buy back option.

This will be the first real test of the owners resolve to ensure we get the price we are asking for unlike the previous buy 1 and get 1 free approach.

Berge turned us down at the beginning of the 2019/20 season assuming like most did that we would be relegated in the first season. Fast forward to JTW and we're flying high with talk of Europe and he signs. PA pays extra to get him in £22m instead of £17.5m as Gent wanted him to stay till the end of the season so he rightly protects his asset with a buy out clause as any sensible owner would. £45m in EPL dropping to £35m in EFL. There will also be a sell on percentage to pay to Gent. Buy out clauses are part and parcel of EPL contracts and as PA says others have them as well, Ramsdale and Brewster although his is a buy back option.

This will be the first real test of the owners resolve to ensure we get the price we are asking for unlike the previous buy 1 and get 1 free approach.
Do you think we'll get £35 million for Sander Longy? It would be excellent if we did but as much as i like him as a player and i do think he'll be a very good player at Premier League level i don't think we'll get £35 million.I do expect him to leave BDBL but i would love it if he stayed.UTB

What is the release clause supposed to be for a player that cost £22 million ?

The usual McCabe type of deal....£1.5 million buys anybody ?

I don't see a player or his agent agreeing to a 35 mill release clause at a team that had a fair chance of relegation. The 35 mill came from Yorkshire Live I can't recall anybody from the club confirming that as fact.
Apparently he wants to play at the highest level, it's only an opinion but I haven't seen enough from him to warrant that figure and the stats when he's played confirm that. I think the alleged fee and his injury will make clubs interested think twice at that figure. As I said football especially in the Premiership seems unaffected by the pandemic so we may get top dollar but it will be undisclosed anyway, maybe our accountants on S2 will uncover the fee in our future accounts. If he does have to stay hopefully he will get his head down prove his fitness and his talent will shine through and he might get a move in January.

Do you think we'll get £35 million for Sander Longy? It would be excellent if we did but as much as i like him as a player and i do think he'll be a very good player at Premier League level i don't think we'll get £35 million.I do expect him to leave BDBL but i would love it if he stayed.UTB

Its the Blades mentality Rod that our players can't possibly be worth that because they play for little old SUFC, caused in part by the previous owners policy of capitulating when the first offer came in. Berge is a 23 year old Norwegian international who has played in the Champions League and now the EPL. Liverpool, West Ham and others were interested in him before he came to us so his value at that time will have been assessed when the buy out clause was agreed.

I don't know if we will get £35 mill for him but thats the quoted price from a number of sources. What is clear is there is a buy out clause that needs to be met as confirmed by the Prince. If it isn't met Berge should still be our player next season. How much he wants that depends on Berge. We will know how good a poker player PA and his team are when the transfer window is closed.

I don't see a player or his agent agreeing to a 35 mill release clause at a team that had a fair chance of relegation. The 35 mill came from Yorkshire Live I can't recall anybody from the club confirming that as fact.
Apparently he wants to play at the highest level, it's only an opinion but I haven't seen enough from him to warrant that figure and the stats when he's played confirm that. I think the alleged fee and his injury will make clubs interested think twice at that figure. As I said football especially in the Premiership seems unaffected by the pandemic so we may get top dollar but it will be undisclosed anyway, maybe our accountants on S2 will uncover the fee in our future accounts. If he does have to stay hopefully he will get his head down prove his fitness and his talent will shine through and he might get a move in January.

We had no chance of relegation when he signed, in fact European football looked a real possibility.

The release clause might not be true,
But considering he hasn't gone yet, I feel that it probably is.

And why shouldn't it be,

He was an up and coming star, and whatever small time views our fans have £35 million is not excessive for a very young full international player.

If he was at Norwich or Bournemouth or Watford last season, that's what he'd have gone for.

If he was a Fulham player this season, that's what he'd have gone for

And if he was at Brentford in the Champuonship last season, that's what he'd have gone for.

Why is it that anybody who plays for us must be wank and not worth the going rate ?

We had no chance of relegation when he signed, in fact European football looked a real possibility.

The release clause might not be true,
But considering he hasn't gone yet, I feel that it probably is.

And why shouldn't it be,

He was an up and coming star, and whatever small time views our fans have £35 million is not excessive for a very young full international player.

If he was at Norwich or Bournemouth or Watford last season, that's what he'd have gone for.

If he was a Fulham player this season, that's what he'd have gone for

And if he was at Brentford in the Champuonship last season, that's what he'd have gone for.

Why is it that anybody who plays for us must be wank and not worth the going rate ?

Nobody said he was wank, but his performances have been hit and miss IMO, that maybe how we play or where we ask him to play, who knows. The main factor's will be his lack of games add a serious injury has he recovered from it plus the alleged asking price. That's never stopped Premiership clubs paying silly money so never say never.

Wouldn't argue too much with £35m asking price if he hadn't basically just missed the season with injury.

And he's 23 now, not 21.

Nobody said he was wank, but his performances have been hit and miss IMO, that maybe how we play or where we ask him to play, who knows. The main factor's will be his lack of games add a serious injury has he recovered from it plus the alleged asking price. That's never stopped Premiership clubs paying silly money so never say never.

All of which weren't known when/if he signed his contract with the release clause.

At the time, he was a young, extremely well thought of young international, and we were the new amazing team everybody was talking about.

We’re the Cole brothers of the footballing world
never knowingly undersold
always have been let’s see if we always will

It's £35m release. Why are people discussing it. A club will pay it or he stays. Not rocket science is it. Some people struggle to understand simple concepts although given our clubs history in giving talent away I understand why.

All of which weren't known when/if he signed his contract with the release clause.

At the time, he was a young, extremely well thought of young international, and we were the new amazing team everybody was talking about.

Be fantastic if we get 35 mill, as yet there have been zero offers just media gossip. I know football works differently but based on form games played and a tendon ripped off the bone injury I would have thought he needs to be seen to be playing competitive games to attract concrete offers. If he doesn't get a move he allegedly wants, then he has to knuckle down and earn one in Jan, hopefully SJ can get more out of him

Our most rumoured target this past few seasons 'speedy bad boy' Emmanuel Dennis has joined Watford for a knock down 3.5 million.

Be interesting to see how he does. Souness won't be a fan.

£3.5m!

They wanted about £20m didn't they?! :ROFLMAO:

See Rashica has gone to bloody Norwich too for £9m! WTF? Really missed his moment last summer it seems.

£3.5m!

They wanted about £20m didn't they?! :ROFLMAO:

See Rashica has gone to bloody Norwich too for £9m! WTF? Really missed his moment last summer it seems.

Smart bit of business from Norwich, Rashica really should have pressed for a move at the end of 19/20 when his stock was high - now he's stuck in Norfolk. He was poor last season for Bremen's relegation, but apart from Pavlenka all their players were.