Transfer Targets 2021/22 Season | Page 18 | Vital Football

Transfer Targets 2021/22 Season

There has been virtually no ins and outs ANYWHERE. The Euros have put dealings back, cash flow uncertainty going forward, and most clubs having little or nothing to spend makes it Prial of 3's.

Personally I'm totally layed back about ins and outs. very much hope we keep Sander and Ramsdale, and happy to get shot of Lundstram Mk # (great if he's already left to take up his full time job as Ms Vincents make up bag carrier).

Slav has apparently had his list approved and has stated publicly he will say nothing till the inks dry. Love this approach.
Just think for a moment. Would he have committed to us without concrete assurances on financial backing? Absolutely not.
Patience precious,patience.
:agree:

Totally. We do this every year. We're just eager for some positive news, and something to build our hopes on. I've every confidence in Slav and the team to do their utmost for us.

Arsenal bidding £30 million for Ramsdale, £4.5 million of that would go to Bournemouth. I don’t want him to go but that would be a tempting offer.

If it’s 30 it’s a no brainier we can get a decent keeper for around 7 leaving around 18 for 2 maybe 3 positions but having said that I’d still be happy for him to stay as he will only get better

30 million's a lot of money, but I really don't want to lose both Rammers and Sander this window.

If we did sell Rammers though how about Freddie Woodman as a replacement ?

Arsenal bidding £30 million for Ramsdale, £4.5 million of that would go to Bournemouth. I don’t want him to go but that would be a tempting offer.

I'm sure I've said this before on this thread, but sell on clauses are taken from the profit, not the full sale value. Bournemouth would get less than half of that (about £1.8m I'd say.)

If it’s 30 it’s a no brainier we can get a decent keeper for around 7 leaving around 18 for 2 maybe 3 positions but having said that I’d still be happy for him to stay as he will only get better
30 million's a lot of money, but I really don't want to lose both Rammers and Sander this window.

I'd reject £30m. Ask for £40m, settle for £35m and a sell on clause.

He's about to join Bournemouth on loan I think. I doubt he's available for a permanent deal anyway, and I don't want another loan GK. I'd rather try and get someone like Marcus Bettinelli in on a free transfer. Played for Slav at Fulham and he's had three recent seasons as a top half Championship keeper. Still only 29 as well. He's been linked with Chelsea and Villa recently, but only as a third choice. I'd imagine he'd rather come to us and play.

I would rather keep Ramsdale and sell Berge but if it has to be Ramsdale then don't sell Berge as well.

Ask Verrips & Fotheringham - or whoever bought them- and why.
They were brought in as cover for our first choice keeper/s TT.Not that long ago plenty of our fanbase were saying why did our Chris buy Rammers and now he's being constantly linked with ARSEnal for what would (if the rumours are true) be a very decent profit. UTB

They were brought in as cover for our first choice keeper/s TT.Not that long ago plenty of our fanbase were saying why did our Chris buy Rammers and now he's being constantly linked with ARSEnal for what would (if the rumours are true) be a very decent profit. UTB
I appreciate that Rod but posted more to answer FKB and what you get for £5mill or so- not much.

Re R/dale - be interesting to see if Slav sees him as a way to raise some cash for 2 or 3 signings.
He had a great end to the season, when we were already down, but struggled at the start. Depend which videos Slav takes most notice of:cool:.

[QUOTE="SirRodneyEffing, post: 2935887, member: 141875"]I'm sure I've said this before on this thread, but sell on clauses are taken from the profit, not the full sale value. Bournemouth would get less than half of that (about £1.8m I'd say.)

I'd reject £30m. Ask for £40m, settle for £35m and a sell on clause.

He's about to join Bournemouth on loan I think. I doubt he's available for a permanent deal anyway, and I don't want another loan GK. I'd rather try and get someone like Marcus Bettinelli in on a free transfer. Played for Slav at Fulham and he's had three recent seasons as a top half Championship keeper. Still only 29 as well. He's been linked with Chelsea and Villa recently, but only as a third choice. I'd imagine he'd rather come to us and play.[/QUOTE]

Thats how it used to be for sell on clauses SRE. Nowadays clubs can negotiate either a percentage of the profit or of the full transfer fee as the attached article alludes to. Depends what is said in the transfer contract clauses between the Clubs. So we are at risk of paying Arsenal £4.5 mill if the 15% applies to the full fee of £30m.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/07/ings-ward-brewster-alberto-liverpool-transfer-contracts/

do not sell him it,ll be a fucking backward step, if we were to sell him then we would have to firstly identify a top top keeper then try and prize him away from his club ,the selling club would ask for daft money cause we gettin 30 mil,by the time we,d got our over inflated man which probably would be jan we,d be fucking struggling mid table cause verrips is shite and fodderingham was 3rd choice at best. fuckin disaster selling englands future keeper especially this season. fuck em all off i say and keep the best keeper in the division. if we dont have the mentality of a big club a serious club and sell rammers then its the same old shit we,ve all become accustomed to and except. no for once show intent and fucking keep him. are we the same patsies or are we a fuckin club wi bollocks

do not sell him it,ll be a fucking backward step, if we were to sell him then we would have to firstly identify a top top keeper then try and prize him away from his club ,the selling club would ask for daft money cause we gettin 30 mil,by the time we,d got our over inflated man which probably would be jan we,d be fucking struggling mid table cause verrips is shite and fodderingham was 3rd choice at best. fuckin disaster selling englands future keeper especially this season. fuck em all off i say and keep the best keeper in the division. if we dont have the mentality of a big club a serious club and sell rammers then its the same old shit we,ve all become accustomed to and except. no for once show intent and fucking keep him. are we the same patsies or are we a fuckin club wi bollocks
Out of interest twirls how do you know Verrips is shyte I saw the 12 or13 mins he played and couldn’t make a judgement he hardly touched the ball so when else have you seen him to make such a claim

According to James Shield, the board are set to reject any offer below £40m for Ramsdale...

Out of interest twirls how do you know Verrips is shyte I saw the 12 or13 mins he played and couldn’t make a judgement he hardly touched the ball so when else have you seen him to make such a claim

I agree, we just haven't seen anything of him to make that kind of call. FC Emmen were bottom of the league without a win when he joined them in January and they almost stayed up due to his impact, eventually losing on penalties in a relegation play-off match (Verrips saved one as well...) He ended the season with the fourth best stats in the division. I suspect that means he isn't "shite".

I would agree with that if we had a football rich owner but we don’t. As long as Slav gets the money then I don’t see as we have much choice.

Just take Bettinelli on a free and have him and Verrips competing.

Use the money to make us a serious creative force. And replace JOC.

For 12 minutes he was shyte. We've just extrapolated that out to a full season...