Summer 2019 Transfer target speculation and fantasies | Page 36 | Vital Football

Summer 2019 Transfer target speculation and fantasies

This was last week......

Chelsea and England footballer Danny Drinkwater has been charged with drink-driving after a car crash. The midfielder was arrested after a Range Rover crashed in Mere, Cheshire, in the early hours of Monday. Two women and a man were treated at the scene for minor injuries, Cheshire Police said. Mr Drinkwater, 29, of Nether Alderley in Cheshire, was released on unconditional bail to appear at Stockport Magistrates' Court on 13 May. Police were called to reports of a one-vehicle crash on Ashley Road in Mere at 00:30 BST and arrested the footballer.

Gonna pass on this one on the basis I don't think DD is fully focused on his career right now !!!
I could be wrong, but someone like DD could be a vital squad player. With a new lease of life he could well be a vital cog to help push us forward.
Many on this forum keep using the phase 'with our first 11' Well I honestly believe he could be a good influence in the dressing room.
No way would I be buying him to shove into the first 11, but if he's motivated he may well rattle the cages of one or two? We need a strong squad of 30 players IMO, if the price I'd take him.

I could be wrong, but someone like DD could be a vital squad player. With a new lease of life he could well be a vital cog to help push us forward.
Many on this forum keep using the phase 'with our first 11' Well I honestly believe he could be a good influence in the dressing room.
No way would I be buying him to shove into the first 11, but if he's motivated he may well rattle the cages of one or two? We need a strong squad of 30 players IMO, if the price I'd take him.
He is too slow and does not fit how we play. At the age he is why would you waste money/wages on a less than committed pro who drinks. He cant get five min football at Chelsea now forget what he was three years ago. Teilemans has not signed a deal thats permanent at Leicester yet, we should go flat out to buy him from Monaco he is Belgian young mobile and a good passer. He is made for Poch to improve.

We should be making signings now (hopefully we are behind the scenes) due to the amount of work that needs to be done.

We have to off load Janssen, Nkoudou etc even if it means taking a loss -

Or for that matter Joao Moutinho on a short term contract. His passing ability has taken us apart twice, and some other top 6sides as well

I say stick to the plan of buying potential and polishing them up. Whilst I can say that perhaps this perfect storm season we could have benefitted from Drinkwater, I would be severely disappointed in the club if they present us with a 30 year old stop gap. That's even given him the benefit of the doubt with his recent indiscretion. Now's the time to buy the real deal (not you RD!!!) and make a statement, rather than buy a Chelsea last pick.

Let Drinkwater run around in midfield with Noble at West Ham and let's bring in Declan Rice, Wan Bissaka, De Ligt etc.

I say stick to the plan of buying potential and polishing them up. Whilst I can say that perhaps this perfect storm season we could have benefitted from Drinkwater, I would be severely disappointed in the club if they present us with a 30 year old stop gap. That's even given him the benefit of the doubt with his recent indiscretion. Now's the time to buy the real deal (not you RD!!!) and make a statement, rather than buy a Chelsea last pick.

Let Drinkwater run around in midfield with Noble at West Ham and let's bring in Declan Rice, Wan Bissaka, De Ligt etc.

We need better than Drinkwater, he would be the 5th best CM we have

Whilst I think that every fan would love those players, we're talking about 200 million for those 3, and that's if Westham would sell Rice or we can convince De Ligt to turn down Barca.

Also, those players and their associated fees do not represent buying potential and polishing them, but rather world class talent which are already good enough for the PL top 4.

None of this is relevant with DD though as he is a chav, and we do not do business with the chavs, but we also need experienced squad players who can make an impact straight away.

Milner is 33, fit as a fiddle and I'd have him here in a heartbeat, he's a great squad/utility and leads by example. Out of contract come summer.

Whilst I think that every fan would love those players, we're talking about 200 million for those 3, and that's if Westham would sell Rice or we can convince De Ligt to turn down Barca.

Also, those players and their associated fees do not represent buying potential and polishing them, but rather world class talent which are already good enough for the PL top 4.

None of this is relevant with DD though as he is a chav, and we do not do business with the chavs, but we also need experienced squad players who can make an impact straight away.

Milner is 33, fit as a fiddle and I'd have him here in a heartbeat, he's a great squad/utility and leads by example. Out of contract come summer.

I seriously wouldn't confuse paying big money with buying potential and polishing them up. I'm sure Poch knows this.

I have no doubt we would buy De Ligt and pretend, like Sanchez, he was the finished article because he's played for Ajax / his country at a young age plus we spent a huge chunk of cash on him. Then at some stage we would realise he's actually quite raw and our Top 4 Prem expectations and aspirations is a step up. Some fans will say he's a waste of money, some will say he's work-in-progress and some will say he's a decent "squad player". At a later age we'd idolise him like we will with Sanchez. See the thing is, even if we buy these players now they still need polishing to become a Toby / Jan level player.

Ditto Wan-Bissaka

Ditto Declan Rice

As for Barca, Samuel Umtiti is a World Cup winning centre half. He plays with 2 Rolls Royces. Pique for club and Varane for country, and is currently in "being polished" mode as he's lost his place at Barca after injury. He's having to get used to the "unused substitute" tag as his slightly younger French team-mate Lenglet has the shirt. That's after Yerry Mina baled after not getting game time at Barca. Pique's just had his best season and not ready to give up his shirt and De Ligt plays his side of the centre half pairing.

That one will get interesting and it would never surprise me if De Ligt ends elsewhere rather than wait for a club legend to step aside.

I read Kyle Walker's comments about his transfer to ManC and found them really interesting.

He wanted to prove Spurs made the wrong decision in selling him? The narrative we were given is that he went into Poch's office and demanded a transfer.

Who's lying here?

There is nothing new in his claims, after Poch published his book, he said this:

https://www.90min.com/posts/6177583...-spurs-exit-claims-he-was-hurt-by-former-boss

What we do know is he doesn't entirely refute what Poch said, what we also know is that for months there was speculation (well founded) that he wanted away and that City were tapping him up.

He admits he had the conversation with Poch, what he doesn't admit to was that during his tapping up period his attitude stank the place out.

As far as I'm concerned and as far as a certain agent I know who might have had much to do with his shite attitude and maneuvering for a move without putting in a formal request - there is certainly some revisionist and desperation to rewrite what went on because of the crap he now gets from Spurs fans.

Personally, I think he would have been better to accept that he was culpable and not try and pretend he wasn't angling for a move.

here's what he said after he'd been at City for awhile:

'I have justified why I wanted to come to Manchester City because I have won trophies and improved. When I first signed I wondered if I had made the right decision.

'Tottenham had finished above Manchester City two years on the bounce and were going places. But because I wasn't playing I needed to go.

'So I am happy now and happy back in the north. I am my mum's only child and she missed me down south.

'It's not the main reason to be here but this was an opportunity to head back north, get my hunger back and to discover something different. I did want to prove I could do this somewhere else. I think I have done that.'

Last edited: