Summer 2019 Transfer target speculation and fantasies | Page 35 | Vital Football

Summer 2019 Transfer target speculation and fantasies

As weeks go on, the thought of transfers this summer becomes more and more interesting. Its nailed on that Janssen and N'Koudou are going to be moved on and it seems fairly inevitable that Llorente will leave after his contract runs out.

The big loss will be Toby because £25m for him is an absolute bargain for any top club and he will leave if the right club wants him. And then the fear of Eriksen's contract could see us cash in whilst we still can and he will be a massive loss.

I was convinced Wanyama was going to be sold but in the last two games he has looked like the old Wanyama and if we can finally keep him fit he could be like a new signing. Same with Rose who is starting to look class again.

My other question marks are what will happen to Aurier, Trippier and Dier who have all been poor when fit.

For me signing Grealish should be important but more importantly I would go BIG for de Ligt who may be a target for all the biggest clubs but at his age I think would view us as a decent move at this point in his career. RB is incredibly important, as is another attacking player who can offer similar to Kane.

As weeks go on, the thought of transfers this summer becomes more and more interesting. Its nailed on that Janssen and N'Koudou are going to be moved on and it seems fairly inevitable that Llorente will leave after his contract runs out.

The big loss will be Toby because £25m for him is an absolute bargain for any top club and he will leave if the right club wants him. And then the fear of Eriksen's contract could see us cash in whilst we still can and he will be a massive loss.

I was convinced Wanyama was going to be sold but in the last two games he has looked like the old Wanyama and if we can finally keep him fit he could be like a new signing. Same with Rose who is starting to look class again.

My other question marks are what will happen to Aurier, Trippier and Dier who have all been poor when fit.

For me signing Grealish should be important but more importantly I would go BIG for de Ligt who may be a target for all the biggest clubs but at his age I think would view us as a decent move at this point in his career. RB is incredibly important, as is another attacking player who can offer similar to Kane.
This.

I would not take another gamble on either Wanyama or Rose, the stakes are too high. These two have a horrible injury track record, especially Rose, and take forever to get back in shape.

Rose is 29, Wanyama 28, their injuries will not just go away.

We need players we can rely on week in week out, Rose and Wanyama's performances are few and far inbetween. Keeping them means we cant strengthen and have our their value deprecate in the physio room.

We are lucky to have them in shape just in time for the final push, but make no mistake - their good days are behind them.

The time is right to sell.

If our main signings were Grealish and Zaha I will be spitting blood. Talk about average players.

If we want to move forward we have got to do better than that.

We’ve been getting average or worse from Alli for the best part of two seasons, has his game moved forward in that time? A big fat no.

I can't see Zaha as helping us unless Pochettino can work his wonders with him. We need a striker that doesn't miss. We need someone to replace Wanyama and personally i would ditch Dier. I'd keep Danny until he retires, he's such a gutsy and pushy player, just teach him to shoot straight.

I would not take another gamble on either Wanyama or Rose, the stakes are too high. These two have a horrible injury track record, especially Rose, and take forever to get back in shape.

Rose is 29, Wanyama 28, their injuries will not just go away.

We need players we can rely on week in week out, Rose and Wanyama's performances are few and far inbetween. Keeping them means we cant strengthen and have our their value deprecate in the physio room.

We are lucky to have them in shape just in time for the final push, but make no mistake - their good days are behind them.

The time is right to sell.

You are probably right, but the real danger in that much upheaval in one transfer window is it will completely derail us for an entire season.

If we lose Janssen, N'Koudou, Wanyama, Rose, Alderweireld, Eriksen, Aurier, Trippier and Dier we are having to replace some very longstanding players who have been incredibly important for years. In all honesty I would be surprised to see either Trippier or Dier go and I think Rose wont be able to get a move to a "bigger" club now so will hope to stay.

You are probably right, but the real danger in that much upheaval in one transfer window is it will completely derail us for an entire season.

If we lose Janssen, N'Koudou, Wanyama, Rose, Alderweireld, Eriksen, Aurier, Trippier and Dier we are having to replace some very longstanding players who have been incredibly important for years. In all honesty I would be surprised to see either Trippier or Dier go and I think Rose wont be able to get a move to a "bigger" club now so will hope to stay.

Levy reportedly looking for 50 mil for Tripps.

It is the only shout NRD.

We have overcome the best team in the country over two games to reach the semi-final of the champions’ league. The players share the victory with our fans and continue celebrating in the dressing room, turn your volume up and listen to who they are serenading. It is a testament to the man and the season he is having for us.

agree to an extent but think they started cheering his name partially as he didn't know we'd won til a few seconds before that

This is a weird shout but does anyone else think Danny Drinkwater would be worth a shout . A couple of seasons ago he was one off the best cms in the league.

Unfortunately failing in the transfer market for nearly two years has brought us to this point.

The squad has too much dead wood taking up squad places and wages and our first 15 players are not as good as they once were.

Making just a few signings isn't enough.

We will need 4 minimum.

Our transfer committee have nobody to blame but themselves.

This is a weird shout but does anyone else think Danny Drinkwater would be worth a shout . A couple of seasons ago he was one off the best cms in the league.
We need Danny Drinkwhiskey like a fish needs a bicycle. He has had his 15 mins hoof long to Vardy will not cut it at champions league semi finalists.

Have to wait and see whether we are CL qualified first....I’m still thinking 6th for us.
Zaha will replace Hazzard with the American lad covering Willians move to the Barcelona bench. I see us ending up with Malcom in this merry go round.

I read Kyle Walker's comments about his transfer to ManC and found them really interesting.

He wanted to prove Spurs made the wrong decision in selling him? The narrative we were given is that he went into Poch's office and demanded a transfer.

Who's lying here?

I read Kyle Walker's comments about his transfer to ManC and found them really interesting.

He wanted to prove Spurs made the wrong decision in selling him? The narrative we were given is that he went into Poch's office and demanded a transfer.

Who's lying here?

Walker isn't exactly high on my list of guys whose comments I trust. (though who knows, wish most folks would simply respectfully keep their trap shut and stop trying to fish for attention)

This was last week......

Chelsea and England footballer Danny Drinkwater has been charged with drink-driving after a car crash. The midfielder was arrested after a Range Rover crashed in Mere, Cheshire, in the early hours of Monday. Two women and a man were treated at the scene for minor injuries, Cheshire Police said. Mr Drinkwater, 29, of Nether Alderley in Cheshire, was released on unconditional bail to appear at Stockport Magistrates' Court on 13 May. Police were called to reports of a one-vehicle crash on Ashley Road in Mere at 00:30 BST and arrested the footballer.

Gonna pass on this one on the basis I don't think DD is fully focused on his career right now !!!