Summer 2019 Transfer target speculation and fantasies | Page 34 | Vital Football

Summer 2019 Transfer target speculation and fantasies

What's the upside measured against though? Is it after 4 games in the league stage of CL when we were down and out. Is it from the beginning of the comp or perhaps after the end of the league stage. Realistically, we've probably netted about 20-25m true upside compared to where we finish as England's 3rd best team in last season's Prem. That's because we've come a couple of round further than expected.

Performance related I would want my own efforts measured as an individual as I have been in the past. Who has contributed consistently at a high level in the CL and who deserves feck all ?

Performance related I would want my own efforts measured as an individual as I have been in the past. Who has contributed consistently at a high level in the CL and who deserves feck all ?

What about Kane though? Does he stop getting bonuses now he's injured and can't play? Does Sanchez get less for playing less minutes?

I think there's a team and individual component to these types of situations in sport. Finding a fair system is often very hard.

What about Kane though? Does he stop getting bonuses now he's injured and can't play? Does Sanchez get less for playing less minutes?

I think there's a team and individual component to these types of situations in sport. Finding a fair system is often very hard.

Who deserves the biggest bonus for getting us to this stage ? Who has performed to their best and contributed to the team performance most consistently. Toby ? Vert ? Sissoko ? Son ? Or another.

Can you imagine," we can't afford to buy anyone again this summer because all of the money we made from the CL went to the players and coaches bonuses". :eek!:

Don't agree. Sanchez played at the weekend to ensure that Toby was fresh to go into battle in the CL. Why is that counting against him? Son got 5 mins at the end of the Huddersfield game to allow him to be fresh too whilst Llorente stepped up.

It's like tipping the waitress for great service and leaving the chef and pot wash guy with no tips just rewarding what you see.

My guess it's still a combo of team and individual bonus.

Toby has been better than Sanchez and Son better than Llorente in the CL so they are not hard done by using this example. I get the point about it being a team effort but some of that team hasn't performed as well as they could and some have been more consistent at a higher level.

This is not a money thing, it's a performance question. I guess they would get equal share although a goal bonus makes sense.

Very dangerous to be suggesting bonus should be based on personal performance, how anyone individual performance is measured I'm not sure.
Who makes the decision?
It strikes me as formula for breeding resentment, for me by an large everyone in the squad should get the same.
Or maybe a set percentage of their salary.

Very dangerous to be suggesting bonus should be based on personal performance, how anyone individual performance is measured I'm not sure.
Who makes the decision?
It strikes me as formula for breeding resentment, for me by an large everyone in the squad should get the same.

My bonus was based on my performance at work. I made damn sure I got my bonus and watch out anyone that jeopardised it.

Seeing as tho this is a speculation thread, anyone think we should take a nibble at James Ward Prowse? Solves home grown dilemm, premier league experience, can actually take a free kick unlike some of our stars. I think he would thrive surrounded by quality players.
Mind you, five years ago I made a a similar call about a player, and basically got chased off here it was so ludicrous, a certain Mousa Sissoko....
I also recall suggesting Decland Rice, an England international

The Mail reports if we win the players share a 5 million bonus between them. Not that I believe much in the papers. If the prize is 100 mil, 40% of that is 40 mil, so 35 mil between the coaches seems a lot !!

The bonus pool is around 25-40% of performance related payments; but each player may or may not have a bigger percentage of that pool depending on their status/contracts.

Who makes the decision?

The decision/negocation is done at contract renewal time - you may or may not be very surprised at how a good agent will make sure he fights for every penny of a potential upside for his client(s).

Grealish scores again, winning free kicks, shots, creating chances.

My mate Sherwood, the one everyone likes to hate here has weighed in with the opinion that if the deal to come to us hadn't died at the last minute, he'd be an England regular by now - a view I expressed when we first started discussing him.

The difference he's made to Villa since coming back from injury is staggering; my fear now is that they'll get in the play-offs, win and be promoted - if they do, he'll stay put as he already knows he'll be part of the England set up for the nations cup finals.

Zaha has finaly nailed his colours to the mast after our failed attempt to reach a deal with them in the summer - he says he wants and is good enough for CL football, that means joining a top 4 club; I can't see him going back to Manure, so suspect that leaves us favorites.

one of the people I know at Palace thinks that this summer they'll let him go.

I hope we can close it this time.

Zaha has finaly nailed his colours to the mast after our failed attempt to reach a deal with them in the summer - he says he wants and is good enough for CL football, that means joining a top 4 club; I can't see him going back to Manure, so suspect that leaves us favorites.

one of the people I know at Palace thinks that this summer they'll let him go.

I hope we can close it this time.
Have to wait and see whether we are CL qualified first....I’m still thinking 6th for us.

Who deserves the biggest bonus for getting us to this stage ? Who has performed to their best and contributed to the team performance most consistently. Toby ? Vert ? Sissoko ? Son ? Or another.

Good shout.

It is the only shout NRD.

We have overcome the best team in the country over two games to reach the semi-final of the champions’ league. The players share the victory with our fans and continue celebrating in the dressing room, turn your volume up and listen to who they are serenading. It is a testament to the man and the season he is having for us.