Transfer Rumours | Page 155 | Vital Football

Transfer Rumours

Sturridge out of contract as of now. Worth a punt?

Even without the ban, players have to be out of contract within the transfer window, so we couldn't play him even if we did sign him. It's a clear rule to stop clubs wangling things after the window closes eg Olympiakos "cancel " a contract in March, and the player suddenly signs for us.

Talk in the papers again about Carv going for £15m. As he isn’t playing and money under ffp tight it seems a no brainier. Much as I like Carv an incident v Millwall highlighted the problem. In the penalty area he took a difficult pass, reverse flicked it over his head to face goal and in one move took two defenders out of the game. One of the defenders, Hutchinson got an arm around him and down he went missing the ball. Not strong enough. It could have been a penalty but in the championship is seen as part of hurly burly. He is often too easily leave red off the ball.

£15m. Half could be used to keep finances under ffp in good shape and half to find a striker or midfield general. If true, too good to refuse.

I don't think even the full amount would get us either if the players you describe at current prices without some far better scouting finding us an undiscovered gem.

We might be able to get Toney perhaps, but would have to move fast on that.

Lolley will go to Villa as well if they come down, almost certainly. Perhaps another £12m

Cash will be another £15m-18m if anyone still wants him.

I doubt all that much of it will be free to spend on fees. If will be fees and wages, so won't go that far

I don't think even the full amount would get us either if the players you describe at current prices without some far better scouting finding us an undiscovered gem.

We might be able to get Toney perhaps, but would have to move fast on that.

Lolley will go to Villa as well if they come down, almost certainly. Perhaps another £12m

Cash will be another £15m-18m if anyone still wants him.

I doubt all that much of it will be free to spend on fees. If will be fees and wages, so won't go that far

If Villa come down they will be relegated with a huge debt plus a large penalty from EFL ffp. They will be shopping at Poundland not Harrods.

Toney no better than Walker.

If Villa come down they will be relegated with a huge debt plus a large penalty from EFL ffp. They will be shopping at Poundland not Harrods.

Toney no better than Walker.
Similar goal records. I haven't honestly seen him play. But if he can hold it up better than Walker they could be a good future partnership.

With 24 goals and 5.5 aerials won per game, I think he might be a better bet than Walker in some ways. That's about the best pond we can afford to fish in though

Problem of looking at Toney record this season is that he is playing in a very attack minded team at P’boro. Even Pope would score in that team.

CP’s Favourite Grant would be a better option be it costing twice as much but as he would be offered a five year contract would be affordable as spread over 5 years. Just ties our hands a bit. To afford both a striker and midfield general would require one being a loan. Of course this would be all academic if they come up with a continental unknown.

Not sure the midfield general is what is required.
We have Sow. Find a better one than him whose body can last a season?

It's competent wingers who can cross the ball that we need.

It's attacking midfielders who actually have pace and like getting into the box to receive those crosses that we need even more

Oh, but, but, but, he flicked the ball on, showed a great first-touch, found Grabban with a pass, adapting to a new country, new language/culture, missed pre-season due to injury. FFS! The excuses go on ad nauseam.

He's had two years now and done nothing. What a waste of money.

Raddy, McGugan, Tomlin, let's be havin' you.

Tough one, I'd like to know the reasons for the termination before making a decision but signing him till the end of the season has some appeal with minimal financial risk.

I'm unsure how he'd fit into our system but with 20 minutes left needing a goal I'd fancy his chances more than Yates...

we cant sign him, has to be terminated during the window for him to be eligible

Talk in the papers again about Carv going for £15m. As he isn’t playing and money under ffp tight it seems a no brainier. Much as I like Carv an incident v Millwall highlighted the problem. In the penalty area he took a difficult pass, reverse flicked it over his head to face goal and in one move took two defenders out of the game. One of the defenders, Hutchinson got an arm around him and down he went missing the ball. Not strong enough. It could have been a penalty but in the championship is seen as part of hurly burly. He is often too easily leave red off the ball.

£15m. Half could be used to keep finances under ffp in good shape and half to find a striker or midfield general. If true, too good to refuse.

There was also the 50-50 on the edge of their box, a challenge he swerved away from/jumped out of.

No player can avoid a clattering in the championship, and that, more than any misplaced pass or half-hearted press, was much worse, IMO.

Oh, but, but, but, he flicked the ball on, showed a great first-touch, found Grabban with a pass, adapting to a new country, new language/culture, missed pre-season due to injury. FFS! The excuses go on ad nauseam.

He's had two years now and done nothing. What a waste of money.

Raddy, McGugan, Tomlin, let's be havin' you.

He’s not had two years. He’s barely more than about 90 minutes this year. He’s still made us look better every time he’s been on this pitch. For £15m I’d sell, but he should be starting every game that Silva is unfit until the end of the season.

There was also the 50-50 on the edge of their box, a challenge he swerved away from/jumped out of.

No player can avoid a clattering in the championship, and that, more than any misplaced pass or half-hearted press, was much worse, IMO.
ameobi pulls out of every 50/50

whatever people think of carvs, we look better with him playing rather than semedo/diakhaby etc

Why would you want Lyle Taylor?

Honestly, I am mystified by that link.

He is 30 in March. He's only played 9 games so far this season.

Scored 21 in League one last season in by far the best season of his career; pretty much the only noteworthy one of a journeyman career.

I absolutely don't want us spending a penny on a 30 year old currently playing less than half his club's matches in his first ever season at this level.

Still feel the same popey? Or have you changed opinion on him? Good signing for me

Still feel the same popey? Or have you changed opinion on him? Good signing for me

Bit late now!

He managed 22 games in the end, which still isn't great. But this was pre Covid and my financial hopes for a future striker were a bit higher.

Don't like his actions during COVID but I did like his honesty.

I'm not wowed by it but I am relieved to finally have another competent striker

Bit late now!

He managed 22 games in the end, which still isn't great. But this was pre Covid and my financial hopes for a future striker were a bit higher.

Don't like his actions during COVID but I did like his honesty.

I'm not wowed by it but I am relieved to finally have another competent striker

I generally think he is a great addition, I think he will score us goals and offer us something different. A good size at 6ft2. Will get us goals, just need more quality in that midfield now.