Transfer Rumours/Speculation 2020/21 | Page 15 | Vital Football

Transfer Rumours/Speculation 2020/21

Time is getting short before the new season starts let's hope some of these rumours become reality. Either of the two keepers suggested or Foster from Watford , Robinson and CF and that would be a satisfactory start

I don't think we'll get more than £7-8m for him.

But £20m between him, C.Robinson and Freeman would help a great deal.

Think we should look at Copenhagen's keeper, Johnnson, he is having the most amazing game against manure tonight

Think we should look at Copenhagen's keeper, Johnnson, he is having the most amazing game against manure tonight

As the club grows our scouting networks should cover more of northern Europe. It's a good source of talent that is suited to the English game.

A keeper we could look at is Isak Pettersson. 23 year old Swedish international, the outstanding keeper in Swedish club football, a very mobile and agile shot stopper - he's a little on the short side though. His contract with Norrkoping ends in December, so there's a bargain to be had.

I see we are linked with another keeper Marko Bizot. It is interesting that it seems to be in Man United's interest if Henderson comes back to SUFC, for one more season. However there is no way we should or would pay him £100,000 per week. I cant help feeling that all this GK interest is part of Wilder backing Man United into a corner. They cant afford to lose him to Chelsea but cannot gaurantee him first team football. I would not rule out Henderson coming back for one more season with a 50/50 split on wages.

Surely we're intent on signing Cakir.

Would it really be worth all this messing about for the sake of getting Hendo for another season and avoiding spending a fee that would be more than worth it and necessary at some point in any case?

I see we are linked with another keeper Marko Bizot. It is interesting that it seems to be in Man United's interest if Henderson comes back to SUFC, for one more season. However there is no way we should or would pay him £100,000 per week. I cant help feeling that all this GK interest is part of Wilder backing Man United into a corner. They cant afford to lose him to Chelsea but cannot gaurantee him first team football. I would not rule out Henderson coming back for one more season with a 50/50 split on wages.

I agree
Last year after we were promoted we could have bought Henderson for about £15 million

But he wanted to sign a new contract at Man Utd on £75,000 a week

Thus pricing us out of a move for him

Now he's signing another contract on £100,000 a week pricing us out of a loan move for him

It's not his fault that Man Utd have insisted on us paying the entire £100,000 wages, but he has through his actions made sure he will never be our player.

So, it's time to move on
£100,000 a week is £5.2 million a year and we are still left in a position where we need another goalkeeper next season.

Better to put that money towards a permanent goalkeeper

I agree
Last year after we were promoted we could have bought Henderson for about £15 million

But he wanted to sign a new contract at Man Utd on £75,000 a week

Thus pricing us out of a move for him

Now he's signing another contract on £100,000 a week pricing us out of a loan move for him

It's not his fault that Man Utd have insisted on us paying the entire £100,000 wages, but he has through his actions made sure he will never be our player.

So, it's time to move on
£100,000 a week is £5.2 million a year and we are still left in a position where we need another goalkeeper next season.

Better to put that money towards a permanent goalkeeper
I agree we need a permanent keeper but for this season would whatever money we have be better spent on improving our firepower and leave the GK till the season after ?. I dont suggest paying £100k per week but offering to pay half of that.

We can't keep fucking about "will he won't he" before anybody say's we can't afford it what are we doing in the Prem! We might as well fuck off back to the championship and all live happily ever after.

I don't think we'll get more than £7-8m for him.

But £20m between him, C.Robinson and Freeman would help a great deal.

Hojbjerg is in the last year of his contract and is just about to join Spurs for £15m. Last season he got no goals and one assist, compared to Lunny's five goals and three assists. In four seasons at Southampton, he has only managed a total of four goals and four assists. We need to be asking for a similar fee, especially if there really are four teams who want to sign him. I'd be very disappointed if we can't negotiate at least £25m for those three players, and we should be aiming for more like £30m. Every other club in the PL would be.

Hojbjerg plays a different role to Lunny and is a much better player. It's a great deal for Spurs.

It depends who's interested in Robinson and Freeman. I don't think we can expect a profit on either now, especially post Covid.

We'll see what we get for Lunny. It would be a nice surprise if it was £10m+.