Transfer Rumours/Speculation 2020/21 | Vital Football

Transfer Rumours/Speculation 2020/21

SirRodneyEffing

Vital Squad Member
It's starting to get to silly season again, so here is a thread for the more minor, perhaps unlikely rumours. Starting off with Greek defender Kyriakos Papadopoulos, who is available on a free after leaving Hamburg:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/defender-waiting-offer-sheffield-united-leaving-hamburg/

I don't know anything about him, other than he has hardly played for the last few years due to injury, but is apparently waiting for us to offer a contract...

Another player linked is young Ghana defender Abdul Mumin, also available on a free after playing in Danish football:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...aelland-centre-Abdul-Mumin-free-transfer.html

The suggestion with this one is that we would sign him and loan him out to Beerschot in Belgium. I don't know anything about him either, but he is said to be well regarded in Denmark and being scouted by several PL sides.

It's starting to get to silly season again, so here is a thread for the more minor, perhaps unlikely rumours. Starting off with Greek defender Kyriakos Papadopoulos, who is available on a free after leaving Hamburg:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/defender-waiting-offer-sheffield-united-leaving-hamburg/

I don't know anything about him, other than he has hardly played for the last few years due to injury, but is apparently waiting for us to offer a contract...

Another player linked is young Ghana defender Abdul Mumin, also available on a free after playing in Danish football:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...aelland-centre-Abdul-Mumin-free-transfer.html

The suggestion with this one is that we would sign him and loan him out to Beerschot in Belgium. I don't know anything about him either, but he is said to be well regarded in Denmark and being scouted by several PL sides.

Mumin looks a pretty serious kind of lad

1593769303332.png

There are people who seriously don't know who Snork Maiden and Little My are ??? Tsk, tsk

Kyriakos Papadopoulos would be another of Wilder's broken toy signings. He was one of Europe's brightest young things a decade ago as a teenager at Olympiacos and Schalke, but his time in Germany has been blighted by injury. He hasn't been great at HSV and hardly featured in their latest disasterous campaign.

At his best he was very good, but his best was a long time ago. I suppose he could fill the Jagielka role as cover on the bench, he wouldn't be any good as an overlapping CB.

Odds on we have new owner/investor before next season.

Almost no chance of a new owner, but some new investment might be being looked at. I would imagine that new sponsorship is the most likely thing being worked on behind the scenes. It wouldn't be a popular move, but I wouldn't be surprised if we are looking for a big stadium sponsorship deal.

The Saudi PIF after binning off Newcastle

I sincerely hope not. I wouldn't want a guy who has people he doesn't like murdered anywhere near our football club, no matter how wealthy he is. Not that it matters, as if the PIF are prevented from buying Newcastle then they wouldn't suddenly become "fit and proper" if they wanted to buy us.

Almost no chance of a new owner, but some new investment might be being looked at. I would imagine that new sponsorship is the most likely thing being worked on behind the scenes. It wouldn't be a popular move, but I wouldn't be surprised if we are looking for a big stadium sponsorship deal.

I sincerely hope not. I wouldn't want a guy who has people he doesn't like murdered anywhere near our football club, no matter how wealthy he is. Not that it matters, as if the PIF are prevented from buying Newcastle then they wouldn't suddenly become "fit and proper" if they wanted to buy us.

I'm past moralising about football
It doesn't deserve our morality

It would be worth it to me just to show that immediately after a concern of that size took over Sheffield United the shockingly bad, I mean truly unbelievable VAR decisions would drop by about 90% to an occasional 1 per season from about 10 per season.

And there are still people who believe football is whiter than white.

Can't beat 'em, join 'em I say

So long as its not "Bramall Lane, sponsored by Tampax"...

I'm past moralising about football
It doesn't deserve our morality

It would be worth it to me just to show that immediately after a concern of that size took over Sheffield United the shockingly bad, I mean truly unbelievable VAR decisions would drop by about 90% to an occasional 1 per season from about 10 per season.

And there are still people who believe football is whiter than white.

Can't beat 'em, join 'em I say

In part I agree, as I don't really care about the piracy argument that the PL are using. There's plenty of money in elite football that I don't think it matters, plus I have watched a dodgy stream or two this season, so I would be a hypocrite if I thought it should prevent them from buying a club. However, I have to draw the line at murder.

Accordin to the Yorkshire live page we're bein linked with Everton's Sigurdsson,he's said to be on £100k a week.I can see this happenin Honest.:giggle: UTMPB