Transfer Rumours/Speculation 2020/21 | Page 16 | Vital Football

Transfer Rumours/Speculation 2020/21

Hojbjerg is in the last year of his contract and is just about to join Spurs for £15m. Last season he got no goals and one assist, compared to Lunny's five goals and three assists. In four seasons at Southampton, he has only managed a total of four goals and four assists. We need to be asking for a similar fee, especially if there really are four teams who want to sign him. I'd be very disappointed if we can't negotiate at least £25m for those three players, and we should be aiming for more like £30m. Every other club in the PL would be.

Yes, but Lundstram plays for us
Southampton always get top dollar for their players because their players always leave to go to Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal etc

Lundstram like any of our players won't be going to those types of clubs.

He'll go to Palace, or Brighton or somewhere because they will double his wages

And this is where we will eventually fall foul if anywhere

You can't stop players going to Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea etc

But when you don't compete with Brighton, Palace etc in wages it's only a matter of time before you lose players you don't want to lose

We've agreed a fee of £19.7 million for Cakir accordin to the Star(News Now pages)the only hold up now is the sell on fee the Turks want.UTMPB

That's just them reporting on what the Turkish media were saying last week. The original story comes from a TV channel called "A Sport" I think. The fact that it appears no further along and none of the UK media appear to have any sources on this, I am beginning to doubt that we are close to signing him.

Random rumour time - Darwin Nunez, a Uruguay international striker, currently playing in the Spanish second division:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/brighton-sheffield-united-taken-interest-player-pl-duo-willing-offer-e15m/
Just read that. If we have signed Cakir for £19 million and possible Swift and Robinson for another £7-8 million it leaves very little to play with for striker/s.

Alot will depend on what we can get for Robinson, Freeman and Lundstram.

Just read that. If we have signed Cakir for £19 million and possible Swift and Robinson for another £7-8 million it leaves very little to play with for striker/s.

Alot will depend on what we can get for Robinson, Freeman and Lundstram.
They'll be plenty left in our transfer kitty when we sell The Magic Hat for £15 million, Egan for £10 million and FLECKY goes on a free transfer, then our fanbase can tell us it was Mr McCabe's fault.:giggle: UTMPB

I see we are linked with another keeper, Bizot. It seems to be in M

Not enough for what we need. I assume you listened to the Prince's interview ?. We will need to sell but hopefully none of the main core players.
If there's not enough for what we need then it's going to be long season.

Some are reading far too much into those comments by Antonee Robinson.

Seems pretty meaningless to me.

Fulham now said to be in for him.

But he'd only be competing with Joe Bryan there, who's just got them promoted. And they don't play with wing backs like us.

How long before players report back,well those that can come back and are'nt self issolating.
We got to be patient with this window.

It has to all start happening in the next couple of weeks surely.

It's no time till the start of the season. Is madness.

Sessegnon's probably best as a wing back too.

And surely Fulham is the likely place for him to go on loan.

I know someone will come back at me with a load of stats to the contrary but we do seem to always be slow in the transfer market.

I would have said the last couple of seasons weve done our business early and had everyone in and ready before August. Bit different this year for everyone. Important not to panic and let it all unfold, I think. Trust CW...